1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Captain "JACK" Sparrow criticism welcomed

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by synno2004, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Re: Captain "JACK" Sparrow criticism welcomed

I saw some pics of him on another forum from a show a while back, great looking dog and I'm usually not a fan of cropped dogs but looks good on him.

2. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Re: Captain "JACK" Sparrow criticism welcomed

I never could understand why they don't show staffs in that condition. When the heck did they start thinking fat was the way to go? :confused: It's really bizarre.

3. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

I have shown him in the UKC/ABDA ring, a UKC judge once told me he was a great looking dog, but she thought I was underfeeding him!!

4. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

Nice looking dog!

I've been told the same thing with my boy in UKC. One judge even said I really like your dog and I would have gave him first if he had 5 more pounds on him.

5. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I was SO thinking about you while I was typing that! lol

6. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

LOL Zoe

It's sickening how fat some of the dogs out there are kept...and then the people think it's muscle not fat, lol

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

And people think conditioned dogs are anorexic. :rolleyes: It's like calling Bruce Lee anorexic and someone that needs to be cut out of their house and athlete. lol

8. Re: Captain "JACK" Sparrow criticism welcomed

have you ever seen super size me!!! America likes there dogs like they like there asses! Wide!

9. Pitless2208

Pitless2208 Big Dog

Nice looking boy

10. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Is he Amstaff? I didn't think a amstaff could show in the adba. I saw the pedigree but don't know anything about amstaff bloodlines. I thought those were game dog lines. But then I don't know a whole lot about those either. The only ones I am familiar with are ukc pedigrees. And I am still learning on those. I would rather just go with knowing what I think a good dog should look like than what is on a piece of paper.

11. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

By the way, he is beautiful.

12. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

An AmStaff could show in ADBA. ADBA accepts papers from UKC (and AKC too I think) so it wouldn't be hard to dual register. One of my dogs is a POS and he is shown in UKC/ADBA/AADR.

13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

POS ? Can someone inform my dumb a$$?:D

14. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

LOL Buck, he's a Pit/Staff...his bottom side is mixed with some AST. Got him before I knew much, he's still a great dog though :)

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Cheers! Like the Featured boy of this thread. they are Sharp looking for sure!

Do they have the drive like a Pitbull? I've heard they more mellow or lethargic? Not exactly creditable source by any means tho
    ;) lol
    just curios

16. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

It's a crazy combo. . Razor's Edge Throwin Knuckles and Colby blood. But, you know Knuckles was when Razors edge wasn't too far removed from game blood. . now they are all wide chests and short stocky elbowed beasts.

I have seen many dogs sired by Knuckles who looked very much like bulldogs.

This boy here is beautiful.

17. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Very nice male you have there! :D

18. general

general Big Dog

looks in great shape, dont know why but champion homer poped into my head when i look at the dogs chest and ears .

19. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Thank you all for your comments. I am proud to own this little guy. He has a big heart.

To answer a few questions, on his diet. Kibble and 1 raw egg with shell daily to help his coat. Raw egg is excellent source of protein and helps coat.

Buck E. Ownens Thank you for your compliments, and yes I am sure staff have drive like any other dogs, dont believe everything you hear LOL

General- That is a BIG compliment

Stop BSL- On RE Throwing Knuckles, I have heard lots of stories, but dont believe everything I hear LOL. I will leave that one alone.

AKC doest not register/recognize ADBA/UKC

ADBA/UKC accepts/recognizes AKC

20. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

Very strange pedigree. I've never seen so much Minot Ledge blood in one dog. I'm surprised your guy has as much leg as he does. I know a bunch of the dogs in the ped, about 8 of the great-great-grandparents. I also know Jane and Knuckles, lots of amstaff, lots of thick dogs.
    If you breed this dog, and like his length of leg, be aware that w/the exception of the Colby dogs, and Warlock's Clarisse, these dogs are more inclined to be short and thick.
    I am impressed, not to sound like a total ass, but he's a much nicer dog than his pedigree would predict.