1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cant believe this

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by powder925, Aug 11, 2008.

1. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

The animal rights group PETA has tried unsuccessfully to run a newspaper ad comparing the beheading and cannibalizing of a passenger on a Greyhound bus in Canada last week to the treatment of animals by the meat industry.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said on its Web site it wanted to run the ad in Manitoba's Portage la Prairie Daily Graphic, which is distributed in the city near where a man stabbed a fellow passenger multiple times, then beheaded him and ate pieces of the body.

However, city editor Tara Seel said Thursday the newspaper had no intention of running the ad, which uses imagery of a victim's throat being cut, in reference to the slaughter of animals on factory farms.

"His struggles and cries are ignored ... the man with the knife shows no emotion ... the victim is slaughtered and his head cut off ... his flesh is eaten," reads the ad posted on the PETA site.

"If this ad leaves a bad taste in your mouth, please give a thought to what sensitive animals think and feel when they come to the end of their frightening journey and see, hear and smell the slaughterhouse," it says.

Lindsay Rajt of PETA said the ad was intended to be shocking and is meant to spur people to think about the terror experienced by animals who are raised and killed for food.

"Like human victims, animals in slaughterhouses experience terror when they are attacked by a knife-wielding assailant," the statement said. "We are challenging everyone who is rightly horrified by this crime to look into their hearts and consider leaving violence off their dinner plates."

Vince Weiguang Li, who immigrated to Canada from China in 2004, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 22-year-old carnival worker Tim McLean. He has yet to enter a plea.

Thirty-seven passengers were aboard the Greyhound from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, as it traveled at night along a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway about 12 miles from Portage La Prairie, Manitoba last Wednesday. Witnesses said Li attacked McLean unprovoked, stabbing him dozens of times.

As horrified passengers fled the bus, Li severed McLean's head, displaying it to some of the passengers outside the bus, witnesses said.

A police officer at the scene reported seeing the attacker hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them, according to a police report.

Li was been ordered by a judge earlier this week to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before he faces trial.

PETA's ad comes a day after Greyhound scrapped one of its ad campaigns that extolled the relaxing upside of bus travel.

The ad's tag line was "There's a reason you've never heard of 'bus rage.'"

2. Vick

Vick Pup

PITA, in my opinion is a bunch of f'ing idiots.. They are the ones who kill animals to try and prove points, ruin businesses, etc. I highly doubt that each and every memeber is a vegan or vegetarian.. They go hand in hand with the kind of "pro-life" freaks who blow up or shoot up abortion clinics.. Are slaughterhouses nice environments that animals look forward to?? Hell no! But do these people think that we would be here today without meat?? Because we wouldn't.. Personally I think that PITA members should be kidnapped one by one, and force-fed triple whoppers at gunpoint.. just my opinion though.. :)

3. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Nothing.....I repete NOTHING these people do will shock me. If thay are willing to knowingly funnel funds to terrorist who blow up slaughterhouses etc.... with no remorse for loss of HUMAN life.Than thay are screwed up enuf in the head to do any damn thang. After all Peta is a terrorist orginization.

4. Vick

Vick Pup

Do they really?? Holy shit....... What a bunch of morons.. They use animals to cover up the fact that they really want to kill people..:D I heard of them kidnapping and killing animals, then placing the animals elsewhere in order to try and blame someone else for killing them..

I just feel sorry for the people who get involved thinking that they are only helping for a good cause..

5. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

PETA has well know and documented ties to both domestic terrorist organizations ALF (animal liberation front) and ELF (earth liberation front). i would love to have a personal conversation with Ingrid ugly ass Newkirk. she would be crying her eyes out and eating red meat by the end of it.

6. outspoken

outspoken Pup

Peta is a joke they have made millions while talking out of both sides of their mouths for years, as they run commercials implying the AKC and their quest for pure breeds runs on the same line of the KKK, http://www.peta.org/feat/abc/video3.asp mean while Ingrid the worlds number one bitch (imo) runs her mouth saying the only way to cure the pit bull problem is to get rid of the breed, but of course they are there front in center when the cmeras are rolling during the vick trials. Lets not talk about the fact that PETA it self with all their resources has a 97% kill rate on all the animals they take in, http://www.workingpitbull.com/truthaboutpeta.htm so many in fact it has been requested for Petas npo status be changed to a slaughter house status, yeah dont forget they dont pay any taxes.

sorry if this is old news to some I just think everyone should know what kind of fraud this group really is.

7. Vick

Vick Pup

that's nuts.. KKK or hitler because of wanting a purebred?? lmfao.. Whoever thinks this shit up is nuts.. They basically are like Jesse Jackson for animals - the only difference is that they choose whichever side they feel will get better publicity..

8. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I thank God that they aren't a litter bit slicker. The HSUS is probably more dangerous because they approach promoting their agenda with a lot more restraint and common sense, at least from their point of view.

PETA creates a lot of opposition to their ideas by their outrageous behavior and statements.

9. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

People
    Eating
    Tastey
    Animals

10. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

I've always found PETA to be hypocritical anyhow....
    how can they claim to be 'for the animals' but yet support the extinction of pit bulls?
    A bunch of law-breaking contradicting idiots in my opinion.