1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cannon's Black Shine

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by redripper, Feb 18, 2007.

1. redripper

redripper Big Dog

Ok, so I'm looking at some of the peds of some of the more famous dogs and I noticed that this dog shows up everywhere. It's almost like if you dig far enough on half of the gamedogs of the last thirty years, Black Shine is gonna show up somewhere (I know this is a gross overstatement.) For example: Crenshaws Jeep has some black shine on the bottom by way of Honeybunch(quite the producer) who had a good amount of the Cannon dog in her. Ch Chinaman had Black shine all over the place on top and bottom when you look past the fourth generation. Plumber's Ch Alligator shows Black shine in his fourth and fifth generations. The list goes on. My question is, does anyone know anything about this dog? Why is it that when folks talk about dogs that produced well, you never here about black shine. Was he just bred to an army of bitches or something? Was he a good bulldog on his own, or just a producer. Does anyone have a picture of the dog...I've never seen one.
    Thanks Guys...Oh and if this has been covered before in another thread, please send me that way.

2. I could be wrong here...but I think 440Rider knows a bit about this dog...I think i have the member....

I did find this.....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  3. redripper

redripper Big Dog

Thanks for the reply. That actually explains a bit. That is, if Black Shine is considered a heavy eli dog, it explains why he goes without mention. Someone can just say, this or that dog is out of the eli stuff, and the fact that it is by way of black shine is secondary. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anymore info would still be appreciated guys. A picture would be cool too.
    Thanks

4. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Carver's Black shine and Cannon's Black shine are 2 different dogs. Cannon's Black Shine is is off Dibo to an OFRN female. He is the sire of the famous Carver's Black Widow who was the foundation female for many of Carver's dogs.
    Carver's Black Shine came later when the brother sister breeding of Eli Jr X Brendy happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007