1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Canedea vs Taste of the Wild

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by csotelo9388, Mar 19, 2010.

1. wonson3

wonson3 Pup

2. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

yea i did mean canidea.srry fr the typo.thats sum gud info thnx.thnk ill use TOTW n c how that works out.

3. wonson3

wonson3 Pup

and remember results may differ from dogs to dogs. One may work to one dog doesn't mean it work to every dog. good luck bro.

4. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

i'll keep that in mind.thnx wonson3.

5. Xman

Xman Banned

Which TOTW Formulas you guys like the best?

6. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I like the Pacific Stream formula best. Good for allergic dogs. And my dogs love the taste, I guess because it is kind of fishy-smelling and dogs luv stinky stuff, lol.

7. Xman

Xman Banned

Pacific Stream....:) THANKS!!

8. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

im thinkn of tryn 1 dog on canidea n the other on totw.c what kind of results i get

9. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

What I would do is try both feeds on each dog. All dogs are different, one may do better on the other, no matter the quality of the dog food.

10. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

very tru.thnx

11. bstmafia

bstmafia Pup

I used taste of the wild on a female while she was carrying pups they all came out nice and healthy she looked healthy and did not have the drastic weight loss after she dropped, I liked it very much great food if you only have one dog or the money to spend

12. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

hey marshall619 how long wuld u try either kibble before switchn it up to the next?

13. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

taste of the wild works well, firm stool and for some reason its somewhat odorless, man Ive spent way too much on high end food Ive used evo for years and finally changed over to Diamond High Energy, 20 beans for 50 pounds, I stand by it. and they havent lost their "show" appeal, stool stinks though

14. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

csotelo, i know you didn't ask me, but generally it take 4 - 8 weeks to be able to see the total package effects from a change in kibble.

15. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

thnx fr ur help Eljaybee

16. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

yw. anytime :)

17. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

PI feed prairie, because one of my dogs gets some serious farts on alot of fish. (so no pacific stream for me thanks. lol)

18. Ctnz

Ctnz Pup

TOTW is making me broke....I don't hunt enough to provide the meat need for my dogs.

19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I've recently switched to Canidae and I probally should have mixed it up first but I didnt want to buy 2 types of dog food to do this so I just switched. All dog shits look like brown water. I'm going to give it a week and if it dont improve than its back to TOTW. My yard is growing and TOTW is causing havoc to my budget. Plus I needed to find a lower quality food to try and put weight on a male I got here. They all still look good but I just dont enjoy cleaning up after a dog with the runs let alone multipule dogs with it . It's only day 4 of the switch so I figure Ill give it another week and see what happens....
    And just from reading the back of the bag and the %'s Canidea is no where near as good as TOTW;)

20. njbulldog

njbulldog Pup

I'm using TOTW Pacific Stream. I have been dealing with grain allergies. I switched her to Innova to get rid of gluten. She started getting occasional hives on Innova. I went to TOTW Pacific Stream and the coat looks great and no hives. It's been about 3 months and I am very happy with the change. My female APBT is 2.5 years old.