1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

CANCER? help please

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by williewonka1, May 2, 2010.

1. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

My 14 month old female has one ugly nipple(pics comin tonight) swollen and pink. If youve seen cali jacks books pic of teat cancer thats what it looks like. This dog is a fighter shes the first that ive seen that survived parvo and grew to be a healthy lookin dog. Has anyone delt with this? treatment options? outcome? has anyone used jacks methods? the vet is on is way out to my place as I type so before hand i want to know what i should be prepared for? thanks in advance YIS willie

2. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Damn bro, sorry to hear your going through this, I hope it isn't cancer and I hope you get everything worked out.

3. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Could be mastitis. If she had a false pregnancy and produced milk, it can easily happen. Has happened 2xs to my dog. Hope that is all it is, but if it is she will need antibiotics ASAP to clear it up. A quick visit to the vet should give you a definitive answer.

4. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

like another said mastitis is the most common, a female i have has had it also.

5. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

the vet agrees that its mastitis and shes started on cephelexin. thanks for the input guys.

6. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

you can also give her some calcium to help and rub some vasoline on her nipple if it is really raw look'n.

7. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

I would ask the vet before giving calcium. Your objective is to help the milk dry up. For the smae reason, don't rub or squeeze the teats. I did use warm compresses soak in apple cider vinegar a couple of times a day though. Just make sure to keep her teats clean

She may continue to have this after each heat so be on the lookout next time she goes into heat and keep her teats clean if she shows signs of a false pregnancy again.

Glad to hear it wasn't cancer :)

8. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

thanks yall. and nell im so so glad it wasnt cancer. im going to try the vinegar cloth today.

9. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Good to hear Willie

10. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

cheese what up man? hows everything?

11. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

ask the vet about the calcium and tell us what they say..........
    i said rub the vas on because sometimes if its real bead and they are real swollen the skin can rub together and become vary raw. the vas will help the skin from rubbing a sticking together, eh... i did not mean massage them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  12. scottyh

scottyh Big Dog

my dogs nipples goe saggy after each season and her nipples go red how did you trwat this ??? thanks