1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can un-papered Pits compete....

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Defend2DaEnd, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I went out the other day and got a puppy. It doesn't have papers but I kinda know the person that has his parents and I love them. I have a Pit mix (the brindle below). I was wandering if I could compete her. I don't want to breed I just want to compete. If so what can she compete in? I used to train Border Collies and Labs for Obediance.

2. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Ohh I was talking about the puppy not the mix. The puppy is pure she doesn't have papers.

3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

You can go to some fun shows through AADR.. Weight pulling, conformation.. I believe IWPA also might allow un reg. dogs to compete.. not for sure on that..

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I heard the ADBA is doing that llp certification thing to allow non papered dogs to do stuff now what is that all about? Does it let them pull or show or what?

5. phez718

phez718 Pup

IWPA will allow any dog to compete. Check out http://www.iwpa.net/ for events in your area.

UKC will allow unregistered dogs to compete in all events except conformation, I believe. It is a Limited Privilege registration for working events, the dog must be spayed/neutered. http://www.ukcdogs.com/

From what I understand, the new ADBA LP will only be for fun shows as of now. I always competed in fun shows with my rescue when I went anyway. I don't get it really, just another way to get money looks like.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2005
  6. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Thank you guys I'm gonna look into it.