1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can they compete

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by FireBone, May 9, 2005.

1. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

I want to know your opinion on the Mayfield line of dogs that is now being bred by kershner do you think they can compete with the dogs of today. My opinion on this is that they are nice for conformation shows. But other than that they are being bred with out being tested. I don't see them catching anything or doing anything else and winning at it.I think they are watered down dogs, They are bred strictly with in their yard and are said by some to be the purest Bulldogs alive today. This might be true and you can never say that the line will miss but I would like to see something come off this line and win. I love the way the dogs look they are great conformation dogs I just want to know your opinion on things.

2. B

B CH Dog

I don't have any personal experience although a few friends of mine never had anything good to say. I don't think they have good percentages of working dogs but a few I talked to said they might make a good cross into some of the stronger bloodlines. We had an interesting discussion on another forum about this very topic but the general consensus is that there are better things out there to start or work with. I don't have any interest in pursuing it but I hope this helps you little...

B

3. who

who Top Dog

i can sit here and name off winning hunting dogs all day and it wouldn't do any good to some people this is one of the purest familes out there all you have to do is look at the PED's you'll see the names off the best the has EVER produced.......DIBO....SPIKE.....Jeff.....N*gger.....Alligator......Red Bill.....Rufus..........Black Widow.....Booger RED.....TOOT.......Colorado......all dogs that show up in todays dogs......but with NO OUTS......you cant tell me or anyone that knows something about these dogs that they have low Percents they have the highest percents IMO...........you cant say this is watered down its the Purest all the other is watered down.....lol......talk with these people and you will know the truth maybe you will decide you still dont like it but "seek truth" in DON's words

4. 7645

7645 Pup

Yeah, but name some dogs in RECENT years, please.

5. GrCh_Jeff

GrCh_Jeff Big Dog

not sure bout that one...

6. who

who Top Dog

im just saying that the people that work these dogs aren't on the NET saying this and saying that........."seek truth"........all im trying to do is open a little bit of minds just to show this family as it is not what it's not or what others want it to be.........im just trying to get poeple to take another look and to "seek truth"

7. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

Who. Do you feed any of these dogs? Have you raised any? Or are you just telling us something you heard have you seen these dogs perform in person. Pure lines on a dog does not mean a thing when it comes down to gameness and no dog is pure know matter what anyone tells you. If you go strictly pedigree when breeding gamedogs trust me you want get gamedogs. I read something by Mayfield that if you breed the line as tight as he breeds and start with game dogs that you dont even have to test the dogs and 20 years down the road that the line will be just as game. Like I said I dont see anything winning from the line of dogs.

8. B

B CH Dog

Uh... whoever told you that is full of shit. The dog's are as good as you are at culling. Keep your standards high and don't make excuses for anything less than an honest bulldog. I know a few personal friends that had Kershner dogs and they were real good... real good at jumping the walls. Just experiences shared with me by friends so take it for what it is worth. I have not and will not own anything off his dogs. I'm just passing on the info I was told by a few that HAVE fed these dogs.

B

9. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

I said that Mayfield said something like that on one of his sites I don't agree. They are good looking dogs and everything I just want to see something come off the line and win. They talk about how much more pure there dogs are than the ones being bred to day.

10. who

who Top Dog

like i said if you wanna know about these dogs dont be here talking about it to some people that really have no clue like i said im just trying to give the family a second look by those who have already said "nah".........but these dogs are everywhere south America.....Russia.......some in Japan and across the Midwest so i dont want to here that this family isn't what it ain't.......Kershner's Alligator dogs are what the Name implies ALLIGATOR but even better than Hammonds....Battendorf.....Limey and all that just look at the PED's........i have had outcrossed dogs and KNOW why they weren't what they were supposed to be.......cause of outcrossing.......you look back in the PED's of the Strongest, t, winningest, family you will see only one,......and that is the family that ALL other families are outcrossed on........instead of breeding Tudor dogs people would outcross thinking they could "better" or just try to beat the tudor dogs straight forward.........but what they did was get lower %'s and an acassional good one "that proud their breeding".....lol.......look at the PED's and you will KNOW that you can't go wrong........if you dont beleive me........ask ROD, Shag, IKE, BLunt (from gamedogs.com), and a host of others and you will find truth...........

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

You are preaching about a line that you don't even feed any of, as you've told us before. In fact the dogs you SAID you had, were scatterbred dogs. Why ask Rod? Hes into puppy sales and not much else.
    BB

12. who

who Top Dog

i started out with scatter bred dogs and look what that tant/bolio "proven cross" got me ........i am building my yard up now and have 2 maloney dogs.....some Snooty/ peterbilt stuff that has served me right so far i will get those Alligator dogs soon when i find the breeding i want.........and im interested in some Carr blood just wondering if anyone knew were abouts it's at......no luck here........but anyways one day you guys will know the truth....lol......even if you dont belive it?

13. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

14. crankydog

crankydog Banned

It would be a good thing if most people did keep the performance of their dogs or line of dogs off the internet and ped boards. Too many fad of the month bloodlines as is, IMO

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2005
  15. crankydog

crankydog Banned

That Crabb's T-Stone dog is off Carr bred gyp (Carr's Bullet to Carr's Snooty), I know a little bit about that blood if that's what your looking at?

16. who

who Top Dog

i like the way that Carr blood is the Maloney/Gillman(mayfield) stuff.........been looking but i want Pure Carr blood no outs.........i know that sounds funny but that is what fits my understandingmy dad had a few Carr dogs before but lost touch with Bill after a while and i cant find the blood Pure of itself?.......any help will be appreciated.....i like that Crabb stuff as well thats why i have been thinking about some stuff off of Razor......still deciding i guess

17. crankydog

crankydog Banned

Yes, the pure Carr stuff is nearly impossible to find. Crabb without the Redman blood is getting tough to find. But that Crabb stuff is working with the Butkus stuff, so Razor, Dragon, Bronze, all those dogs are good choices, all are producing, and I think those kennels that own those studs are breeding back tight on their stuff as well.

18. who

who Top Dog

i seen a couple of dog's off of Razor and i would want one but im not totally sure yet but i prolly will just to see whats going on and that Razor blood (Crabb) would go well with my Maloney stuff........but anyways........they can compete......lmao

19. Rods dogs arent really competitive ... the jackson dog most definatly are though and yes i know he puts his own touches on the mayfield blood but the base of his stock is still the mayfield line.

20. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Yep and were back to a ped meaning something...I hope more people dont think like you and start bringing more mallard ducks around...so in a hunt... you come to realise it just proved nothing and your dogs hard work was for not...might as well not count that one.