1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

can I do anything?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by poundAPBT, Jul 17, 2008.

1. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

i'm so frustrated right now...

I decided to google "APBT kennels CT" just for ha-has... I came up with this.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83594646

i'm at odds. this person lives about 15 minutes away from me (I visit my cousin in Norfolk frequently)...

what can I do to change their minds about breeding these "ABPTs"? can I do anything?

I feel so helpless... I don't know what to do. i'm so close to them, but I can't do anything.

maybe I should show him a real APBT...

and also, this is his "AST/APBT":

[​IMG][​IMG]

this is mine (from the pound, nonetheless):

[​IMG]

2. YAHHOOO

YAHHOOO Big Dog

People are hard to convince especially when they think theyre right. Prolly wasting your time to try.

3. Asterix

Asterix Pup

Where is the agility, what can these dogs actually do??
    How can they run and jump??
    They will look like sumo wrestlers doing athletics!!
    :confused:

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

You should get yourself a bowl of ice cream and not worry about it. I learned a long time ago that its pointless to try to educate people, unless they specifically ask for advice. They aren't going to want to hear about it, and you'll only raise your blood pressure. :)

5. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Gracie is a beautiful dog. Can't fix stupid so you might be out of luck with that guy.

6. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

you're right; I won't even try.
    i'm too scared to meet a complete stranger, anyway...

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

The only thing I can say is contact them & try to get to know them. They may be good folks, but just misguided. When they get to know you & your real APBT, they may learn from you. I wouldn't go charging in & telling them they're all wrong b/c you'll just run them off. Befriend them then educate them as a friend in the breed. That would be your best bet IMO.

Good luck! :)

8. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Just don't be an ass. LOL.

I have a few friends who breed bully dogs, and like ABK said, not all of them are sporting an extra chromosome. Try and invite him out to local APBT shows and events... Maybe he'll get a taste for the real thing.

9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

The thing is most of those breeders make alot of money off pups and claim them to be pit bulls and live off the name. They wont bred real dogs the backyard breeder wants the big bullys so when the fools that see them are impresed on the size. There aint no money in game dogs it is the purest who want them. J

10. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

oh, I wouldn't go and tell them that they're idiots and they should stop breeding. I can do better than that, haha.

inviting them to shows would be a really good idea. it's too bad the nearest shows are hours away...
    but maybe we can work something out.

I really do want to get in touch with this guy... just to show him my perspective.

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

It's not completely impossible to teach them, but it's dang near impossible. lol. Most of those bully owners are just in it for the money, and they feel the APBT name sells the dog, so, they have no desire to change, though, some are now finally selling them as American Bullies.

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

It doesn't matter that the nearest shows are hours away. If you end up making friends with the guy/gal, that just means you have a traveling buddy! ;)

I think taking them to a show would be great. Then they could actually pet a real bulldog & get to see some of our "little scrawny whippets" pull thousands of lbs on the weight pull track! Sometimes that alone is all it takes.