1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can-Am Boys Ch. Bad Becky R.O.M.

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by jeeperino, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

The Can-Am boys became involved in the Deacon/Assassinator dogs when I bought a female pup caled Doris, she was a good one. Ch. Doris was 2 1/2 years old and she died, but had gone so far.

We were at a loss and we contacted WCC to see if there were any more littermates around...Becky was for sale, she was untouched...No kennel accidents, nothing. Becky wa housebroken and a real nice dog. The money was in the mail and Becky came into heat. They asked if we were interested in breeding her. I was, my partner up north was not so sure. My hope was that if Becky was half as good as her sister Ch. Doris, Id like some pups. Becky was bred to WCC's Rocky, a Jeep dog- the litter was raised in Canada. I had moved back to the east coast. Becky had 8 pups, 1 female she sat on and kiled and 7 males.

After raising the litter, Becky was bumped and then rolled 2 times for about 30 mins on a Maloney bred female from PP. Becky and Jeanie had banged eachother up pretty good.

My Canadian partner informed me she was 1st class and better than Ch. Doris. At this point, I had made some contacts on the east coast. I mentioned the weight: Camp had a 2x winner, we were hooked. Becky was worked up north and then arrived with her conditioner and handler, my partner a few days before. Camp had a kennel accident and couldnt use Dixie..Camp was straight up, said he would just pay the forefit. We wanted the show, he ended up bringing a Hackman bred female called legs that was young and rough. Legs did have a keep on her and we were the 2nd show that day Red Rhodes was ref of both shows.

My partner is very confident and has already convinced me we were going to win.
    Becky and legs are released and the action is fast and hard, both dogs show mouth. The show just started and Camp's yelling you better pick her up shes going down. The Can-am kid is muttering bigger than life that it is ok, Becky is just getting started. He and camp are banging into each other jockeying for position to cheer on their own dogs. Red Rhodes is shaking his head, the dogs were going all out. Legs is on the losing end and Becky is in the backend, Legs is done. Camp picks up in 22mins. Camp was the type of kennel we wanted to go into....with him its not a hobby. its his life.

Anyway, my partner found us another show this time in Canada into another real player. The Captain of Canadian fame its female at 39, her 1st show was at 38. Rollbar was the ref, it was a 2 show day. I had a male at 38 that packed it in at 30 min into the captain.

Then the bitches, Becky into Lucina. The Captain says he's to use the bitch he thought we had a good one. The Can AM kid is mental, the male I just lost with only came because I was going to see Becky. An hour later the shows going to happen, the Captains Lucina is the crowds favorite. Lucina was black amd built like a male. Becky was the smaller dog. It was even for 15 mins and at one time Becky looked to be in trouble. Its the Captain's Lucina to go as the ref Barnes tells the handlers to face their dogs. Becky is turned around, the Captain was real slow to turn Lucina. Barnes is yelling at him to face his dog, he does- next Barnes tells the Captain to release his dog. My partner and I know Becky scratches like a rocket, head and teeth first.

Unknown to me he decides to release Becky who nails Lucina and the Captain in the corner. Wow, just like Becky had done when he asked Camp if he could courtesy Becky back into legs. Becky was ahead and its all over in 33.

Some months pass by and a man from St. B's calls me, hes got 2 bitches one at 38 or 39 the other at 40, which one do I want? Becky is a 39 we will go at 39 bring whatever u want. At some point as part of the pre-show foolishness St. B called the Captain to ask about Becky. The Captain told him "If you go into those people, against that dog, you will lose your dog and your money".

Becky had already had 2 matches, 2 keeps which he did and I had to condition Becky for her 3rd and handle her this all in a 12 month period. I am not the conditioner or the handler my younger partner is...Becky was in shape but the 2 keeps had really taken a toll. StB's had Barney Fife, Matt and Peter from Holland shows up to handle thier dog Brenda. I know Peter had done more dogs in this country. Peter released Brenda and I released Becky the show had begun and im in the square daydreaming. Becky and Brenda are swapping it out, Becky looks good but not like she has the fast hard mouth.

Matt calls for a bet for 2 to 1 and Becky is slightly ahead. The dogs were fanged from time to time. In fact to my disbeleif Peter tried to handle my dog at one point so his dog could be unfanged by the ref! There were no turns, no out of holds, Brenda had been the down dog for the last 25 mins the seats were mostly quiet and the nPeter says to me "Im going to pick up". He asked for a courtesy, Brenda came across the whole way. Brenda was a game dog. We feared for Ch. Becky it was her toughest match. We kept trying different stuff, Camp yelling instructions as she stabilized. We hit the road.

Ch. Becky was from a litter of 4 Ch. and 5 others that were never shown. All thanks to WCC.

The author of this story is Tim S.

2. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Its nice when you know half those people in the story.

3. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Nice read man got any more history?;)

4. Mashamplan

Mashamplan Big Dog

Here in sunny S.A. we have dogs down from GR(CH) Klaus'Assassin II x Gaine's Footy.
    Are there any persons still running the Assassin or Assassinator blood stateside?

5. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Good read thanks for posting.

Vic

6. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Oh, yeah I got PLENTY. But, due to snitches and spys on here I was advised to not post them anymore.

7. I know they still around

8. Mashamplan

Mashamplan Big Dog

Would be very interested in bringing some down this way.

9. preme

preme CH Dog

good read ............

10. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

That was a very good litter.

11. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

This was printed right out of a magazine/book.

12. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Those are nice benthere, I looked for something along those lines for a bit with no luck. The person I know of that has them sold them all

14. benthere

wcc had some great dogs, too bad it all went down in flames because of drugs. he did try to breed tighter on the assassin blood without any success.
    also remember.. Deacon improved everything he was bred to, it didn't matter how the bitch was bred if you stuck her to Deacon you were likely to get bulldogs, breed Deacon to a good producing bitch like Assassinator or Roxy and look out, world class dogs.

15. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

I watched BLs yard video on youtube. if Deacon was so much better why did he make so many boyles type breedings?why not just focus on him?

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Well this thread isn't about WCC but about the dogs Can/Am Boys had and what they produced.
    I knew of Tim, he was House of Bull North when he first got into dogs.
    Rum Crooks, as he is known by now, Rollbar and I help him get into dogs.
    An old friend and would come by every time he was in the states.
    He was the back bone of the kennels.
    Conditioner and breeder of most all the dogs.
    He kept and fed most all the dogs.
    Tim was the "money man".

You can still run into Rum Crooks over on the Patterdale Terriers forums.

Gamepit69 likes this.
  17. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

the last post was about WCC so I figured why not.

18. Had that deacon stuff on bottom off some garners king stuff and both brothers were outa this world a real joy to have!

19. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

who was better Becky or Betty?

20. benthere

Poorfarm,
    In answer to your question why BL made so many Boyles breedings: He had a real soft spot for his Reno dogs and at the time they were doing really well. I don't think he realized what a great poducer Deacon was until later & then he really tried to tighten up on his blood to preserve it. In fact he started adding it to his Boyles dogs to give them some bottom end and increase their percentages.