1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can a game bred dog still be socialized?

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Doggside, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Re: Can a game bread dog still be socializes

i thought he was referring to doggieside

2. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Doggside the people on this thread are giving you honest answers ... You don't up and buy a dog bred for dog aggression and then worry about how you are going to manage it or fit it into your life style after the fact this is something you should have considered way before you picked up a game bred APBT . What you did was completely ass backwards and you can't be mad at anyone else but yourself for the responses you are getting. You can manage DA just fine by not putting your dog in certain situations that will only aggravate or bring out what's already bred into the dogs. Some dog's can be so DA that the mere sight of another dog will have them acting a straight fool. And other's just don't put on a show around other dogs but they will still get ahold of anything that steps into their radar. And some dogs pick and choose what they want to get a hold of. Every dog is different but one thing we do know is however they go about displaying DA it's been genetically bred into them so we just expect this trait and deal with it appropriately by not putting the dogs in bad situations. If you don't want your dog to be a problem for anyone else it's simple leash your dog off your fenced in property and don't take it to dog parks or into uncontrolled environments. If you want to have a well mannered APBT give it some basic training at home or take some obedience classes with the dog. These things only give you better control of your dog and teach you how to work with what you have but it doesn't erase those genetics.

3. Doggside

Doggside Banned

Fuck you and fuck this forum! fuck the rules too. Wtf you don't have time to do anything other than sit on your desktop and judge people. I didn't say I wanted a fuckin cur dick head! My question was pertaining to training and whether or not a dog can be trained walk past another dog and not try to hit it. I didn't say go to the fuckin dog park. And yes a couple people made valid points but the rest of u guys are ass holes. Or did I miss spell that too!

4. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

You misspelled that, too. Asshole is one word, not two. And you're supposed to use a question mark after a question.

5. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Nope Im an asshole...and you my friend are a greenhorn. Dont come with that shit that you been around this breed before, you havent a fucking clue with your stupid question. Ive owned these dogs in NYC, The Carolinas, and pretty much every situation. Never did I ask myself such a dumb question knowing the breed and its intented purpose.

6. Doggside

Doggside Banned

As I just mentioned my question was pertaining to training. I grew up with 5 to 15 dogs on our property but none received anything more than basic training and all of them tried to hit everything with fur and we had some really solid dogs. Moving forward my question was pertaining to training and if a game dog could be social to the point he's not trying to hit everything. I have more than enough experience and property to keep um from hitting the pooch next door if need be. Further more, if someone didn't like my question than they could have kept it fuckin moving! I mean that's basic manners.

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

It ALL comes down to each INDIVIDUAL dog as some respond very well to training and some don't.

As a cautionary statement its best to treat a game bred apbt like a game bred apbt no matter how well trained he seems to be or behaves, why even risk the chance of a accident as the end results are usually very tragic.

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I don't know how to make it any more clearer for you. Can a game dog ignore dog's and not try and hit everything in sight? Yeah Gambler's Virgil was like that he knew when he was outside the box he was just a dog and slept with the house cat and could be around other dogs no problem. Put his ass in the pit and it was show time. Some dog's can and do get along with other dogs or at least they could give a shit less about them outside the job. However this is more so the exception rather than the rule. Virgil was a smart ass dog and his behavior was rare for this breed but none the less it can happen but 99.9999999999% of the time I can bet you that a game bred dog is going to show some level of DA at some point that I can almost be certain of and no training will stop it I can control all of my dogs but I also don't put them in dangerous situations either. I have 4 APBT's all of them react differently to different situations. Again you have to know your dog and know what you are dealing with the rule never trust a bulldog not to fight didn't just apply to some of our dogs it applies to them all. No amount of training will help you here it's knowing the individual dog and how to manage it based on what you have.

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Oh and Doggie yes you have some game bred APBT's who can compete in Agility, Obedience, Dock Diving, and several working sports that require a great deal of obedience and training and these dogs are in constant contact with other dogs both on and off the leash. Not all of them are cut out to do this every dog is different and some respond well to training and some don't. And even still the dogs are always subject to acting like bulldogs if put in the right situation under the right circumstances. I personally don't trust a bulldog period I don't care what dog it is and who it's been trained under. If it's one thing I have learned bulldogs are not to be trusted period.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

The simple answer to your question is if you want a lab then get a lab. You wouldn't expect a lion to act like a deer so why would you get a game bred dog and expect it not to act like a game bred dog? If you wanna poodle get a poodle. I guess that would make to much sense though

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

my mom bakes the gamest bread yall will ever cross paths with....old school sourdough shit

12. PureGameness

PureGameness Big Dog

This thread
    [​IMG]

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

The quick answer to this is no amout of training will over ride genetic traits. It's is possible to get 2 gamebred dogs to tolerate each others company, I've done it for as long ad I've been into the dogs ( since 96). It just depends on the dogs as individuals. Some will, but most wont.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the quick answer to this would be doggside realizing hes a moron and playin russian roulette with a glock!

i dunno what it is about these dogs and the people they bring in,....but i swear every goddamn pit owner "has been doin this for years!"

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

"IVE BEEN DOIN THIS FOR YEARS!, but if you could just show me how to train my dog....." LMAO

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

To the OP instead of wasting time training them tolerate other dogs..Spend your time making sure you have propper,secure setups to keep them away from other dogs..Time well spent there.

17. Doggside

Doggside Banned

Thanks alot to the people with the good answers and fuck you to the ignorant ass holes. Alot of you people are fuckin fags and i bet if you were in my face you wouldnt be so ignorant becaude i would knock u the hell out lol. Swear be4 god. But then again this is the net and u can feel free to recreate your live and be who u say u are. Lol. Fuckin fags

18. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

If i was rude I would be rude to your face without thinking twice. We are not here being tough guys, just giving you an honest answer. You did come on here with a bit of a strange question, worded even more confusing. We got into the dogs accidentally, going to get a pitbull pup. Got a female pup. Few months later she puts 52 punctures in our 7 yo american bulldog at the time. 2500 dollars cash only to save our longtime housepet on a saturday night. Instead of getting rid of her we educated ourselves as well as possible. So we are trying to prevent an accident from happening to you. Think twice save a life.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

insulting members here and playing internet toughguy will get you shown the door real fast pal....you came on here, asked a stupid question despite claiming not to be a greenhorn, so i say chill the fuck out. we have experienced owners here that can give excellent advice and aint afraid to slap you with harsh reality face to face just the same....guaranteed. so maybe toughen up, take a little shit but learn something, or shuffle on.

only warning

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  20. supersuntzu

supersuntzu Banned

hahahahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.