1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all AR on this site

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by purplepig, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

i am not a member of any ar groups except of my yard you mess with my dogs i mess with you i am not a christian and i hate billy graham wannabe theifing evangelist and why are you investigating people their lifes are none of your business if they wanted you to know then you would know

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

Either, way its not for you and your pets.

3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

What the hell are you talking about. I said I dont agree with people chaining their dogs all the time and doing nothing with them. Just having them outside on a chain. If you feel the animal is not meant to be a pet, then dont try to make it a pet. I think I was very clear on this. What's not for me and my pets? A chain?

4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I can sorta agree with you. I understand about the no walk thing. Though I do understand that some have more than other and can't always get them out once a day. But as long as they are rotated for walks I see no problem. I mean on a chain isn't like in a crate where they have little room to move.

Play time is mainly for pups and that I've noticed even before I got my first gamebred dog. As they mature the window lessens gradually day by day and if I were to let them play it may lead to an accident which will more than likely look like a staged fight for the neighbors. But kinda like you said in you last post, I think our 2 situations are 2 totally different ball games. Thanks for your honest answer.

5. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

I do not support any AR or PETA lunatics. I just cannot figure out why these people think the way they do. They get laws passed that actually hurt animals in the long run. I also agree with you Simms all animals do not make good pets.

6. simms

simms CH Dog

Some animals never know the comforts that you provide for your animals for example the house play time . Some animals do live on chains the mojority of thier lives never knowing the comforts of the house....No play time,only work. Some animals dont make good house dogs for whatever reason.

You dont agree with animals living on a chain 24/7....Not for you and your pets.

Some animals do not fit the "Ideal mold" of what is considerd or "thought" to be pet .

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

No problem. I can also see what you mean. I have 3 APBTs. When they are on the chain the go out 1 at a time. I rotate them in and out of the house. When they play, they boys play together outside. Mercedes and Bentley play inside(she gets to pissy with Ozzy.) I can see where having multiple dogs doesnt always allow ample time for walks everyday. That's understandable. But as long as they get some attention, that's what matters. I was speaking more along the lines of just having a dog outback just to say you have a dog.

8. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I see what you are saying. Thank you for elaborating. Sometimes it takes a min for the elevator to reach the top(if ya know what I mean..hehe). I guess I should also elaborate a little. I understand many of you have a "butt load" of dogs 5+ and dont have room inside or dont like to have inside animals, so chaining is what suits you best. That's fine, I dont disagree with that. I disagree with negletful chaining. If that makes sense. Hope I dont offend anyone. I do value all of you opinions. ;)

9. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Like I have stated before, I am an athiest. That means that I do not believe in a higher power. There are other things I do not believe in as well. I do not believe animals have rights. I am a supporter of animal welfare, not animal rights. My dogs live inside because I chose that they do. I have 3 dogs, two that hate each other. I live in the city, I cannot have my dogs in the yard nor chained where they could possibly get to one another as my yard is not that big. Besides, I am not going to risk another one of my dogs being stolen, I am not going to risk some disgruntled neighbor poisening my dogs. My dogs are not crated in my house, they are "roomed", they share the living space with my family. They eat the same foods my family eats because I feed them a RAW diet. My dogs do not live in a pack, they cannot safely be around one another so there is no pack mentality going on. They all know who is boss & they do not challenge that, when they were young they tried it once or twice but were swiftely reminded of their places.

10. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

that is a very good post cheeky im glad you can make it work to have 3 inside dogs but we have to many to keep inside lmao i would give rep points if i knew kow lmao

11. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Thanks Elvis, that is why I don't have more than I do. I cannot keep more than what I have right now safely contained.

Oh and Elvis IS alive. He lives next door to me, he is old, beat to hell, smells bad, lives outside but is as friendly as they come. He's a bird dog. ;)

12. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

yea i got an elvis laying on the bed right now lmao

13. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Well I am a CHRISTIAN and I thank God I don't live in a state where the animal right laws have taken over. We still have a lot of freedom as far as that goes.

1 person likes this.
  14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Openly (if quietly) Christian here, but I don't support animal rights. Animal welfare = important. Animal rights = extremist thinking. The more laws the AR people get enacted, the more wary I get. I can only be thankful that there haven't been any scary laws or incidents here lately.

1 person likes this.
  15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I wasnt meaning this thread to be anything about being a Christian, I was simply stating that I am what I am, and I dont pretend to be something else. I shouldnt have even posted this thread, because the weakling(s) who are PETA on this site are hiding, and know who a couple are, and am very tempted to call the roll on you worms. Ya know, I can handle witches, Satanists, convicts, drug addicts, heck, I can even handle cops, but one thing I cannot stand is a HYPOCRYTE. Neither could Jesus. For those of you who dont know what one is, it is a Greek word. It was a mask that actors wore in the amphatheators, and it usually had a megaphone to change and amplyfy their voice. So these folks wear a mask, sound like something they are not, and te tell you the truth, they are not very smart. Start looking at people's personal profiles, and then click on their homepages, and websites, and you'd be suprised what these folks actually are about. One claims to be a dog man, and on his homepage talks about how chaining a dog makes the dog mean, bet he helped you folks in California out huh? and I bet he is good forum partners with you. Heck for all I know, mayby the majority here are like that, I certainly hope not. I know a few who aint anyway! Oh well, I'll shut up now! I just didnt put this thread up to see if you was Christian or not, I wanted to see if the AR's would stand up and confess what they truely believe instead of trying to push their garbage down our throats little by little!

1 person likes this.
  16. NC

NC CH Dog

Not an AR person here, I am a hunter and a proud meat eater..lol.. As for religion, I am a bliever but I've had enough bad experiences that make me wary of the "church" (not like bad experiences of a young altar boy or anything just alot of hypocrites) But I don't believe many if any PETA type people will own up.

17. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

So if you already know, why not share it??? Since they are on this site, then they can certainly defend themselves.

Jesus said love thy brother, too... not call them out and stone them to death, which is exactly what would happen. You or anyone else wont change their minds, Peta and AR people are too set in their ways or their minds are too brainwashed

You may be sick of AR and peta shoving their beliefs down your throat, but I bet many people feel the same way about religious fanatics (and Im not saying you are one of them..) knocking on our doors trying to shove their beliefs on them (lol you ever wonder why they wont read from your bible or listen to your "religion"?? )

I know what I am.. Im an individual. I am not this or that. I work in a feild (dog grooming) where I have to put up with all kinds of animal lovers, haters, what nots. I find that many of the times simply trying to look at it from their point of view can help you drive your point of view across a bit better.
    AR people arent ALL bad. They have done some good. I beleive in the humane treatment of all animals. I belive in raising chickens for sunday dinner and fresh eggs in the a.m. but if it was up to "man" alot of animals on this planet would be long gone because "man" believes in sport, not take whats needed

1 person likes this.
  18. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

If you can't stand for something you will fall for anything...

This world needs some religion. Religion keeps people in check, If we did not have it it would really be off the chain.. Think about it

19. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I agree with this, but this is an APBT forum, not a church forum. I am Christian, but it has nothing to do with dogs, so I think the discussion should end before it causes problems, but that's not up to me so....

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Either you dont know the difference, or you need to take the mask off,

And quoting the bible when you dont understand it doesnt work. Not everyone is a child of God. Jesus said, "I came to give you the right to BECOME a child of God", and clearly he spoke of others as being"of their father, the Devil". It is really pretty simple. The bible you quote says that because you know not the Son(clearly with your coment about Krishna), you also dont know who the sons of God are. You are of Cain, and you seek to slay Jesus because your own works are evil. I am not your judge, but I am a witness, and see what your doing! Quit stepping into a conversation with me about these things if you do not want me to pull out the sword of the spirit and make a dividing line with it, because it is very clear what side you are on. I am asking you now. This is a dog forum, and I happily invite you to PM me if you'd like to carry on this conversation further, because clearly you have bought into the "all roads lead to heaven" thing, and as far as I know, only One came, lived sin free, and gave His life for YOU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.