1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all AR on this site

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by purplepig, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

So, I am just curious, how many people on this site are actively involved in the animal rights movement. I am not talking about animal health, I am talking about AR,PETA, this sort. I KNOW there are many here, and I have investigated some of you, and am waiting to see if you believe in what you stand for enough to admit that is what you are. I for one am a Christian, and am not scared nor ashamed to tell anyone so! So, I am calling the roll! Who will answer?

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

That's just fine!! I wasnt talking to you, but am proud to know that you are not involved in supporting the new law in Cali!

3. simms

simms CH Dog

Im a beleiver of Christian faith,however to be a Christian is a hard line to walk. I do not support any of the AR movement,left to me I would eleminate all suffering that it has created .....Animals dont have souls.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2006
  4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Truthfully I don't think they will stand up. That's what they do stay in the shadows soak up what they can and try to use it to further their own cause.

Funny though how they don't consider the ill effects of their agendas before they try to push them. Yeah I can't keep my dogs chained anymore as of the 1st of next year, but what you gonna do when that real dog snatches up one of them bluffs you like to walk, not a bluff fan, what about your precious kitty.

I'd hate to see what the wondering dog does to some kids or elderly person because he's not on the chain anymore and the owner didn't have enough sense to have his dog put down. Now the only way he had to control his out of control human aggressive dog is against the law.

1 person likes this.
  5. simms

simms CH Dog

I know this will sound kinda shitie to bring up here.....

The HSUS and many other groups support the feral cat spay/nueter program....if this or your neibors cats pose a problem for you and the welfare of your dogs. Spend the extra money and get some live trapps...put A/C to work in your area.

I aint got nothin against a cat,I like em ....however it is about accountability,you can nolonger accept ones Idea of standard of care when they will enforce thier own agenda and will upon you and yours.

Good luck!

6. Suki

Suki Guest

Not a member of any, and don't honestly think too fondly of most AR groups, because, eventually, imo, most seem to make our rights as owners somehow "disappear"... [​IMG]....

7. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

what is your point purplepig????

8. B

B CH Dog

The point is obviously stated. If you choose to reply to this post than you need to keep it civil.

Regards,

B

9. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

I do not understand what one's personal spiritual belief's mean in relation to PETA, HMUS etc.......
    But... for the record, I am not involved w/ any AR groups.

10. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

I agree. A man or woman's personal beliefs are just that personal. The closest I'll hopefully ever come to AR groups is making my yearly donation to the E.B.A. through my local club membership.

11. B

B CH Dog

I think his purpose was only to share that he's open about what he believes in. I suppose he's trying to see if anyone from the other side also share the same beliefs. Personally, one look at my signature and you can see I also beleive a certain way.

Kind Regards,

B

12. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Simms,

Well I'm not a big cat fan, and yes that was and has been a part of a problem here. Most of which stems from a cat loving neighbor who hates bulldogs, and is the first to call on anyone besided herself. As far as the cat problem here it has been taken care of in a manner that has worked so far. Hopefully it continues to also.

My post wasn't meant as a reflection of my situation. It was meant as a general outlook upon what the cries are going to sound like when more and more aniaml attacks happen. Whether they be on another animal, or god forbid another human.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2006
  13. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I dont support any AR groups. Although I am all for animals being treated/cared for properly. Im just not a nutcase about it..lol.

14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

truthfully not starting an arguement here and hopefully not fueling one either. But since you mentioned your all for animals being treated/cared for properly.

What do you think about the anti chaining bill that was passed? After spending some time here, do you think this is mistreatment or a proper way to contain a highly animal aggressive and high strung dog?

15. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I am not a Christian, nor do I support any extremist organization, be it animal rights or not. My money goes to local rescue groups who are making a difference with the animals, not to an organization that spends millions of dollars in the name of "total animal liberation".

16. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I think its a proper way to contain a highly agressive/high strong dog. That's how I contain mine. Although, they are house dogs, but when out to potty they are chained or I am in the yard with them.
    I dont like it when people constantly keep dogs chained outside(24/7). No walks, play time, etc. But that's a whole nother ball game.

17. Suki

Suki Guest

Geeeze B, YOU are the one!
    I was just telling a co-worker last night that a member on this forum has a GREAT sig line that I loved!!!!
    now I can point her!!!

18. CB

CB CH Dog

I think any animal right activist is a lunatic anyways. And have no respect for them.

1 person likes this.
  19. simms

simms CH Dog

Some animals are not ment to be a pet. Some animals dont make a pet.

20. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

So then dont try to make them a pet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.