1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ca.Laws on possessing such as...

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by RollinRuger, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2005
  2. Suki

Suki Guest

I imagine, if you call your city hall, they can answer you. I'm "guessing" it's much like BSL-varies from county to county, or even city to city. Start there, and someone can direct your call for you, and if not, hopefully point you in the right direction.

3. RollinRuger

RollinRuger Big Dog

4. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I am going to stick with my original answer, that you would have to have more than just some conditioning equipment. you would have to walk into a dog fight in progress to get a dog fighting conviction. If the authorities came to my house because I was reported to have possible dog fighting contraband, they better come with a search warrent, I can't imagine any judge signing a warrent over a treadmill and a sringpole, unless the whole town decides they are going to make examples out of everyone, that a community is so bad with dog fighting that this is their only way to stop it, that would not make it right either.

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

i agree with you catcher t. but this place is going down the sh!tter and fast. i remember when we can take our dogs and do some raod work with them. now if the police even see you with a dog in a leash and your on a bike, you get ticketed on the spot. whether the dog was pulling or not. it's considered inhumane and a training method for fighting and not excersize.

6. I agree with you but I have two pits and a spring pole that one works the death out of and they are building two new houses behind mine. Untill the last month my back fence hadwoods behind it so I never put wood fence across it so now anyone in the neighborhood behind me can see her on it daily. I will do some calling tomorrow and see what I find.

ZO

7. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

that would be the best thing to do. i'm going to call and find out our laws here to. i think animal control should know these answers.

8. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I found only one thing, in the state laws reguarding this subject. It does vary county to county, though. Call up your city shelter or pound or even city hall records. Penial Code >597.5<(c)(3). Really read it right, to understand it's clause.

9. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

OK, I have a question about this. If in some areas it is illegal to own a mill or work your dog form a bike, if it is a bulldog, then what about the countless other show dog breeders out there that condition there dogs with such methods?? If they live in one of these counties were such stuff is illegal would they be busted too?? There are all kinds of people out there that use the same methods of conditioning for other breeds i.e. mills, swim tanks, flirt poles, road work with a bike.....

10. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

pretty much as far as the road work is concerned, i know for a fact that if they catch you with any animal and your on the bike it's an automatic ticket. seen a guy on a skateboard be pulled over because he was being pulled by his dobie.

11. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I have just never heard of that, why can't you ride a bike with your dog? This just amazes me.

12. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

You're talking show breeders. They have more leway for conditioning, with showing. It's all different for us regulars. Don't know how much more to answer you than that?

13. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

Missy, I was being sarcastic with that question, sorry for miss leading you. That was my point though there is a double standered and that is BS!!

14. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

are you kidding me the only way most people can tire their dog out is on a bike i know i couldnt wear my dog out on a run id diiiiieeeee from running that far id have to take a bike.
    luckily we have huge levees in baton rouge and i cheat. while i walk on the top i throw the ball to the bottom and they run up and down up and down while i walk straight lol.

15. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

well i can only speak for here and as far as i know it's considered a trining method, there used to be and probably still is a lot of back yard action going on here and other areas around close to here. the animal cruelty part comes because, for some reason they have the thought that your dog really can't keep up, or that your forcing it to run. to me it's just bull, but what can you do.

16. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

glad we dont have those kind of laws here. we can swim them run them have them pull the bike whatever

17. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I hear ya, then. If we want better laws, we have to fight for them by speaking up. It's tough out there, but so worth it.

18. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

I agree that it is worth it. It is hard to get laws over truned and even harder when dealing with the closed minded people that make the laws.

19. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

do they not realize that dogs have a state of the art heart, they don't have heartattacks, and they can run run run ..........

20. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

i guess not. i think it was more geared toward the prevention of back yard fighting. back in the day you'd see people on their bikes with their dogs all over. most of them i would assume were probably just getting some excersize or going somewhere, but when they bust back yard fighters they seem not to have the equipment like mills,jenny's, spring poles, or whatever. also most likely one of those idiots probably opened their mouth and said how they get their dog ready. so there it goes for everybody.