1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

CA JACK Above Ground Pens link?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Flipside, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Looking for a link on how to make a Above Ground Pen? Could have sworn seeing someones post of CA JACKs instructions scanned on here!

YIS

2. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I have 3 of them and I love them!

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

do they look outta place on the yard?

4. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

if yall find some plans let me know i can just make one out of my head i would like to make a nice one though

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

post pics:D

6. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

Here is one we built about a month ago. They are worth there weight in gold.

Attached Files:

7. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

nice pin what you got for flooring is that plastic?

8. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

The pen cost me around $600 total, which is not so bad to me. At least I know when I put a dog in it they wont climb, dig or tear out. The black is a poly kennel flooring, I put it in so the dogs would us that area for a bathroom instead of the wooden part and so far thats what they do. The next one I build I may do a step by step diagram and material list.

<TABLE nowidth="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="90%">PolyMax Kennel Flooring

PolyMax Flooring improves animal health and keeps kennels cleaner and drier.
    • A clean, comfortable floor keeps animals healthy and happy!
    • Rugged, non-porous polypropylene flooring inhibits bacteria growth.
    • Easy to clean and disinfect.
    • Will not rust or rot.
    • Black panels are 24" x 48" with 7/8" square openings.
    • Panels cut easily to fit any dimension.
    • 1/4" counter sunk holes comes in black only.
    • 1/2" thick with 7/8" square openings. 2' x 4' overall size.
    • Also great as roof rack flooring for vehicles!

Overlapping Style:
    • Slats overlap on the 2' sides, utilizing a single support member.
    • Interlock on the 4' sides for easy assembly and strength.
    • For decks or pens of any width.
    Non-Overlapping Style:
    • Slats do not overlap on the 2' sides.
    • Interlock on the 4' sides for ease of assembly and strength.
    • In addition to end supports, slats must have a center support.
    • For decks or pens no wider than 4'.
    • Improves animal health and reduces cleaning time and labor cost.

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" vAlign=top width="10%">[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

9. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've had these for years now.

10. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Mt Man had is right having is 6X6 or 10X10 kennels raised on a wood decks.....similiar function as the above ground pens...keeps the dogs dry and off the ground away from there own waste!

11. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Thanx guys for the PM's...you know who you are! :)

YIS

12. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

Ive got 3 they come i handy for sick or hurt dogs and bitches in heat.

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

PurePit- you ever have problems w/ that hardware cloth? i use that in my chickens brooders, but i wouldnt trust anything short of goat panels when it comes to the dogs.
    if those dogs wanted out, it would take very little time and very little effort

14. SENIOR DRAGON

SENIOR DRAGON Big Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's one i made this year.

15. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

hat tip to you sir, thats a quality pen.

16. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Rally, the holes are to small for them to bite it. No problems so far and onyx is a big escape artist. I trust my pens more than a chain setup and I have one of those too.

17. SENIOR DRAGON

SENIOR DRAGON Big Dog

THANKS ALOT NAUSTROMS I LIKE THE PolyMax Kennel Flooring
    THAT SLAUGTHERHOUSE USED IN HIS PEN. IM GONNA SWITCH 3/4 OF THE FLOORING TO THE POLYMAX FLOORING.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2010
  18. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

Thanx for that i checked around for flooring for a kennel and that is the cheapest and looks to be the best

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

purepit you going to loose a dog with that wire on you pen . these dogs can eat through just about anything . they eat #9 wire all the time . you pens look great but you need stronger wire . goat or hog panels is best . but if they want out they can get out of that to . but aleast it is stronger .

20. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

biting the holes is not the problem- although believe me- they can do it-i have first hand knowledge. the bigger problem, and what i was refering to is the way they are ~attached~ . if they pawed hard enough they could rip that right off the frame, as it looks like its simplt tacked on the outer edge. you might try a strip over the cloth around all edges.
    i will try take get some pics of what i mean- my dome pens are build a similar way