1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Bullyson" About The Legend

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Vicki, Jan 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ROSE

ROSE Banned

Re: "Bullyson" About The Legend

I have always been under the impression that if they quit once that they will do it again. they learn how to quit.when they come across that same bridge again they will pull up.

2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Rose i was to!!. But he proved me wrong. note if the dog curs out and takes the count for no aperend rezen hes just that a cur, But sometimes sircumstanses happen and a dog gets in deep shock staring glazed and quits. thats what im on about. i never did try it out myself!!, nor bred to sutch a dog , but i know he did it and manny a dog with reputation in our history like bulyson snooty ecetera who did loose a hunt and quit, did not quit cold on there feet, and bij the cajun rules of the day whe called quiters and ore game dogs. Snooty was known to produce a high degree of real game dogs yet he himself quit, now i think he was one of those type of dogs ...
    Funny thing is that distroier dogs like Bullyson/ eli JR dogs where bred to known GAME famelys that showd there quality on the oposit way. so people KNEW they had a lack in the staying power.Never the less they bred them and they produced a legasy of gamedogs that are stil around today> And compeating...........

3. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

I agree with you I never thought there is a cut and dry about cur dogs I have seen dogs quite on a hog only to show game latter . I have found most times a dog quits there are reasons behind it dont get me wrong some are just curs . But sometimes there are reasons why one that comes to mind was aldos ch zeke won 5 lost two quite twice I think and went well over the hour mark three times. you just never know

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

all those things you said came straight from a letter don mayfield wrote so i am prety sure it is a bunch of bullshit spouted by a jealous old man

5. damon

damon Banned

the same as going light barney. he was an ace dog, that quit for no apparent reason and went on to win many more

6. Boze

Boze Top Dog

how can you call a dog who had everything that could go wrong before a match and still fought a cur, the list of stupid mistakes is huge the damn dogs teeth were stitched in and he was fought at a weight that was three pounds above his real pit weight and he was old compared to his young son who was just as good as he was. these dogs are not machines his quit falls solely on maurice

7. Boze

Boze Top Dog

very good post. i was reading an article about IV therapy and it was talking about how people are quick to call a dog that has gotten his leg broken and continues deep game which they are but they call a dog who is losing a tremendous amount of blood and stops a cur, if a dog hits a bleeder or two the chances are very high that that dog had know idea where he was, was dizzy as hell, and could probably stand. i look at it this way its my dog and if i feel that he was unable to go and i want to keep him that is my business and if i want to use him as stud for MY program then i can i am the one feeding them

8. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Your absolutly right!. The world is full of people who make ecscuses and somethimes justified and the world is full of hard asses that try to gain some form of respect as being and ore doing the only right thing to do.
    Unfortunatly lots of dogs that ""arend"" worth feeding are cept And lots of real good dogs are culled. Then there are rational people who DO KNOW the diferense and the truth about a animal called the PItt Bull .
    who dont give a damm about what other people say about them and the dogs they keep to breed of.
    In my dog King pin are 2 quiters far back in the pedegree. one dog called fatso and one dog called ch dutch . Fatso took the count at 3.06 min (making his uponend a grch) on his feet nose touthing the ground( and yes there was a ecscuse). was lifted out left the earth on his own 5 min later that boar was just a little to mutch for him that evenig. the other one ch dutch whas shown 4 times in one year!!!!. took the count in 2.26.
    i dont iven what to start telling her ecscuse.
    Some call them a cur, i called fatso a dead dog standing . give me these dogs today and il kick ass 99 out of a 100 times with them. with what we know today .
    Dutch was bred back to her sire Nelis rom prodiced 2 rom sons who out produced there daddy .
    there was also a bitch in that litter who was bred back to Nelis rom again to produce 2 bitches one of them whent on to quit the mother of grch banjo and grch BB red!!. having said that betty joe took a hell of a beating before she did quit was she a cur absolutly not!! she was deep game just not deadgame.
    Some people just know others dont......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
  9. rebeard

rebeard Big Dog

the great thing about bullyson was maurice carver

10. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

This is a great thread.Limey I love reading your posts always imforative and thought provoking

11. Robber

Robber Big Dog

That is a very good point. It is unfair to say the dog quit in that circumstance. You often hear the phrase "if it can stand on four legs, it should go", but I think a dog can be in as bad a shape standing as one that can't stand - a dog could have two broken wheels, but still be fresh. The dog standing could have massive internal injuries and be in shock...

12. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Thanks for the comp coopdog!!.
    Robber sircumstances do count. I have put douwn some hogs myself witch ( with hind sight) i still regret today.
    One of the biggest real cur dogs i saw was a dog called miss fortunes ch Tonkey boy!!! that dog was a devestater from ed mullins blood.
    he litterly took a wild hogs leg of at one time. later he faced a hog named ch speedy who outmoved and outclassed him in every way.
    tonkey boy got what i belive at first was a Harth atack!! and fel on the ground right beneath us. everybody said look whe have BBQ tonight and to my sirprize i saw the dog open one eye look around and quikly close it hahahahhahaha he did it several times he faked his own deadth!!!!!!!!! when ch speedy was released again he quily got on his feet and then he realy tried to jump out . till this day i get to urinate in my pants laughfing and thinking about it. altho not a gme dog he proved to have Human smarts he lived to be a old dog........

13. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

lol thats one funny dog

14. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Limey that's too damn funny about the dog playing dead and opening one eye and closing it again.

15. deepadam

deepadam Pup

[​IMG]

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

ok as we can read benny bob son of bullyson .
    bullyson 3 years older then bennie bob.
    male's are changing a bit after they bred they loose some 1% gameness
    so no breeding long as the carrierrre take's
    same for bitches

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

One of the biggest real cur dogs i saw was a dog called miss fortunes ch Tonkey boy!!!
    vs cobra's ch speedy -----
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    with mister fortune you imported the stompanato dog right limey ?

18. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...."no sex while in training ks"....your still a virgin so no worry's.//lol/lol......

19. keystone

keystone CH Dog

...."no sex while in training ks"....your still a virgin so no worry's.//lol/lol......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    standing on four legs .while your ofspring/yearling are waiting on chain
    bit greedy in my ey's also

20. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...poetry in motion as all-way's ks...well done....can't wait to read your book...