1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bulldogs on a farm

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PITPAL1, Dec 28, 2021.

1. PITPAL1

PITPAL1 Big Dog

Does anyone here live on a working farm out in the sticks? If so, I’d like to hear your opinions of how a quality dog fits into your life.

I understand that they aren’t going to herd cattle, protect sheep, or be able to take the elements without shelter like a border collie or Shepard would. I don’t need that, and the only bulldog I have left sleeps in the house with me.

my current dog trail rides along side the horses, keeps the opossums, coons, and coyotes from taking over, is accepting of almost everyone (hence no count as a guard dog) but never fails to alert me to trouble and is just about the least maintenance intensive dog I can imagine. Last winter about this time some semi-ferrel hogs moved in and proved invaluable at helping me to eliminate the property damage they were causing.

If anyone can share their thoughts or opinions I’d appreciate hearing.