1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Building a dog house and chain spot

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by AGK, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

WTF??? Is this your new age GURU POETRY way of typing? LMAO

Lets break this shit down.....so you like over the counter laughs? LOL So according to your logic the best laughs come from love and war? LOL

Battle raps? Are you talking about actual rapping or battle rap typing? LMAO....Can you even rap is the question. LOL

Yo mama so ugly if her face was on fire you would have to put it out with an axe, you mean like that? LMAO

So you eat kids for lunch in a cafeteria, spank someones sister, drive kids home and play daddy sounds like a Pedophile too me. LMAOROTF....only a fool would admit that shit opps too late. LMAO

WTF, running backwards in a field of dicks??? LOL Is that a twisted personal fantasy of yours elias? LMAO

2. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Its Poetry Slam style lmao.

Charlie Days def poetry slam (Its Always Sunny) - YouTube

3. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

I am going to build 4 houses over the weekend, and was thinking of using some of the setups from the book "thepitbullbile", but then I noticed that weather nature is important to determine the type of house.

What type of houses and chain setups do you guys recommend for a weather that is hot through out the year and rainy most part of the year?

Wood, barrel, concrete? On floor or elevated? Sand or concrete flooring.

Would you guys prefer kennels and a dog house or chain setup and a dog house. Tyia

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I prefer chain set up over a kennel. If your in an area where it doesn't go below freezing that often then insulating house won't be a problem and you could use barrels. I don't suggest using barrels unless they won't be visible to anyone.... You know if you keep a dog in a barrel he is surely a fighting dog lol. I'd elevate it atleast 4 inches

5. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

Thanks for the info, I forgot to mention; forget law or police or anything like that, it just doesn't exist here when it comes to dogs etc...
    So what really works best for the dogs in such weather where it's hot all year long and rainy (heavy rain).

6. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

The coolest it gets is 70 and hottest is 90. It's more of seasonal 70 degrees for 6 moths with heavy rain and humidity and 6 months with 90 degrees and dry weather.

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I would say you would be fine with a single walled, single chamber dog house or barrel if you can stand looking at them lol. Personally I would make the single sheet dog house Jack has in his book if I lived in nicer weather. Use treated wood and shingle the roof and the rain won't be an issue. The 2 I posted are the same as what is in the bible. I believe the page before them is the single sheet dog house plans.

8. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

Lovely, I finally got 2 pups, 3rd and 4th should be here by end of April beginning of May. The 5th will only arrive if he made it past May race. Can't wait. I'll post peds of all pups and dogs later.

9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I think I've seen one of them. He's a good looker too. ;)

10. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

I can't wait tbh :D

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

you can build a house like agk has but single walled no insulation like he mentioned...

the height off the ground should be determined by the amount of rain or snow you might get max and build higher,,,
    smaller cydner blocks might be ideal for you and bigger for the more rain/snow...

cynder blocks dont wicker water like wood and work well...

barrels are the most easy durable cheap doghouse you can use for mild to warm weather,,,
    you really can beat one used right as the water drains right off,,,
    but dont forget a shade board for the heat...

two barrels with two sheets of wood is ideal to me,,,
    one sheet over the top of the barrels and one to the back,,,
    with some 2x4s to screw to...

a smaller hole one one and bigger on the other for a warm or cool option,,,
    cedar wood chips for bedding,,,
    they can lay under the sheet in the shade dirt or bast on top in the sun...

this is easy and efficient and hell they would probably float if need be,,, lol...
    some thing to rembeber is the direction the house faces and if sun/wind rain comes from that way,,,
    the color also plays a part in staying cool or warm depending on your local weather...

barrels clean real easy and wood has to be sealed to not asorbe water...

one barrel up in a cradle a frame out of the element is another use for a barrel I found to be very functional
    if the barrel is up high enough they have also have a nice place to dig a hole in the shade...

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I would suggest 2 houses , one for summer and one for winter.Summer house just a pladtic dog house that doesn't leak .Winter a nice insulated house .jmo

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

He said it stays between 70-90 lol as a matter of fact pm me Malik and let me know where this magical place is lol

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Where I live if it goes from 100 to 70 after a thunderstorm it feels like winter lol

15. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

It's Nigeria Africa lol

16. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

Ty EP, I will try to do something similar, I'll post some pics when done

17. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

Malik tell us whats the low down on those Boerboels? yal use them at all?

18. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

It's by far the most common breed in Nigeria, along with the GSDs. Bulldogs are somehow new over here, nice thing that many "big" men are into Bulldogs and the law is neutral in this aspect, so we trying to get the law on our side and regulate the sport now, before its late

19. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

Have you ever seen a Boerbel hit a hyena? Just curious.

20. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

i haven't see it, but I've see ppl walking hyenas. lol