1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

BSL? good or bad?

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by junkyard, Aug 24, 2010.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

From what I understand, in Ontario BSL has killed 12 000 or so "Pit Bull Type" dogs. I have a hard time seeing any good in those numbers.

But, I can understand the other opinion. Those that are serious about keeping the breed have gone deep trying to preserve the blood while the law has wiped out many imitations (BYB) "Pit Bulls". This does, in a round about way, help the breed.

I have no way to confirm the above numbers but have seen the number repeated often...

http://redstarcafe.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/hersheys-rally/

The OVMA has stated that 4300 were killed in the city of Toronto alone so 12 000 for all of Ontario seems reasonable.

2. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Thanks for all the replies people, i wasnt expecting anyone too actually say there was good in it, but just see a different perspective from the norm.

Fella in Question , stated it hadnt made any difference on him ever and he didnt see it making one any time soon.
    He was dead serious about it , but on the other hand had mentioned that if he could keep them long enough so that when he had a son of his own, he wanted his son or sons to be able to have a truly game dog of there own, so when he was old and decrepid they would understand what he was bullshitting to them about.