1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bro/sis breedings

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

there was reasoning for me in making this thread and i have found what i was after. i have been looking for patterns in the great dogs for the past few days and documenting them. thanks everyone, im heading back to studying lol.

2. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

idk..i like what the carolina kitten did with them redboys...tight but the dogs looked normal and they could function
    i seen some stupid looking retarded redboy dogs that just didnt look right

Im not talking about looks (cause that dont mean shit) but some off the breeders was so wrapped up in tight peds that they lost track of the goal...performance

3. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I agree not really bro sis but those lines do inbreed well ...look at some frisco eli stuff so inbred but look and work well. Bolio stuff seems better line bred imo.

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

when it comes to inbred for no reason redboy dogs definately win that trophy. mine has a small jeep out thru her dam but the only reason i got her was bc she was from father/daughter breeding of a CH:D
    How many rb dogs can boast that?

5. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

ya tg has some tight bred dogs but they all look straight..performance wise

i agree its just to make pretty peds...then call it foundation stock:rolleyes:

6. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

not many lolololol not many win shit without a out. Maybe 10 on the planet.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

mine is like 88% rb blood or something like that but i figured it i was gonna get a rb dog cant beat that breeding lol

8. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

i like how the guys that bred the jeep did it...they linebred off honeybunch..but thats another dog people got crazy with pretty peds

a good example of linebreeding...ch yellowjohn..jmo
    almost pure redboy

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yellow john is nice on paper but i think its pretty wildly accepted that he is paper hung

10. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

like my macky he was I bet 80% rb he was off lil bo to peggy......he was goood! the lil jocko jeep rascal was just enough!

11. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Breeding siblings from siblings generation after generation is the purest form of family breeding. In a nutshell this type of breeding cannot sustain more than eight generations, as the end result is terminal lack of vigour and probable extinction. As the genepool contracts with each sibling breeding ,fertility decreases, abnormalities increase and mortality rates rise.

12. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I don't believe those rumors.

13. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Ben,
    Why do you think 357 is paper hung? I have one double bred down from him and I bought him for the buck blood.

14. benthere

For basically the same reason I feel Tom Garner's inbred Frisco pedigrees are not correct either. If you study inbreeding coefficients for performance animals you will see that Most Champions are in the 10-15% range and most Grand Champions are usually around 5% (nearly cold outcrosses). Anything above 20% is tightly inbred and performance usually suffers(refer to oldtymers post above). Of course there are exceptions to these rules but it seems a bit odd to me that Garner is the only breeder able to inbreed like that and produce super performers. Simple logic would tell you something is amiss here. Look at all the other great breeders out there and what is working down off their stock. Plus I remember when the Frisco dogs first appeared on the scene. They were nothing like the Frisco dogs of today. I think he has a really nice triple cross going of Redboy/Cottingham, chinaman and bolio. He is definitely producing some nice dogs....but they sure as hell aren't anywhere near as inbred as he says. The same with 357. Perhaps he is the one exception to the rule, who knows....but I have my doubts. These are just observations I have made from being a serious student of pedigrees and breeding patterns.

15. benthere

Oh and a good friend of mine raised a son of Butkus and sold him back and supposedly some of the dogs off Butkus were actually off him. The dog doesn't seem to be listed on pedsonline any more but he was called both Axel and Action. You know, the traditional rumor kind of stuff, but that coupled with my pedigree analysis makes the pedigree suspect to me.

16. lbmkdaley

lbmkdaley Pup

when you are doing a brother to sister breeding you should be breeding the 2 best representatives from that litter because you are concentrating that blood so what ever that line is known for lacking will show more in that litter then if you was line breeding...

17. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

It just seems you can spot a Buck dog a mile away. They all look the same. Do you think they still used a Buck dog and put 357's papers on them? Here is the dogs ped i'm talking about, http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=298013

I am good friends with the original owner of Buck before he was sold and he never mentioned anything about offspring maybe having fake papers. I am just curious. I can't stand all this fake paper BS.

18. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

Wardog I say if peewee is a good dog then dont worry about the pedigree being right or not. I like Frisco/lee ling dogs and as long as they are good acting dogs and earn the right to live here then thats all that matters to me. The more and more i look at some of the redboy stuff i'm starting to like them too and the last thing on my mind is how yellow is bred my focus is only gonna be on the dog i have to feed and pick up shit after.

19. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

It matters alot if I am going to fit him into my breeding program. In order for a good dog to throw good dogs, he needs a solid ped to back it up.

20. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

True but at the same time who is to say if the solid peds are all correct? IMO the line PeeWee comes from throw good bulldogs and been doing it for years. I would'nt let rumors about how dogs behind him is bred make you look at him different that's all i'm saying man