1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bro/sis breedings

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I know it works but only for so long then a out is needed.For the most part I think its to make pretty peds but it can work. I would do it if I did a cross and liked what I saw and then inbred to either father mother to tighten that side of the ped to see what I would get from what I liked. I see health issues with very in bred dogs....heavy bolio have skin issues sometimes for ex. I think its good but like everything to much of a good thing isnt always good.

2. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Apart from the above dog who's pedigree is completely suspect, what have any of these dogs you people are posting done or produced? For real.....don't just tell me they are HOT or awesome cause I don't count that. The fact is full brother sister breedings are notoriously bad and are usually done for paper only. Of all the SDJ Gr Champs, Champs and ROM dogs only 1 was a full bro x sis breeding and that was Daisy Mae(and her pedigree might have been wrong too)

I will send an article about breeding statistics to anyone that wants it in their PM. Just let me know. Half Bro x Half sister on the other hand can work really well.

Here is a funny annecdote.
    Once upon a time a young man bought two littermates. One turned out to be a grand champion and the other a champion. Now if ever there was a case for breeding two littermates together this was it. Well sure enough the guy did it. The funny thing was that all the old experienced dogmen who had bred and raised good dogs for years were laughing about it and saying "man, that kid sure has alot to learn about dogs." They were all culls.

3. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

my dog pulled a picnic table lolol he will be one in 3 days.

4. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

i dont see nothing wrong with it if the person who is doing it understands what there doing...but generation after generation,i think you have to have a real good eye...be real honest with what you see because your tighting up on the good AND the BAD...

but i seen a super tight Boomer dog (not as tight as above) and the thing was scary..not in a good way..you never knew what this dog was thinking..was game all day and night but was just about the stupidest dog i have seen

5. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

Ive seen that too thas why I didnt take one of them for next to nothing. Mother son not bad bro sister ehhh not so much I gotta keep em lolol.

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

talkin about mayday and dragon lady?
    i'd like to see it

7. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

I'd like to read that article...some good points you made

8. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

9. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

I heard the only reason to do a full bro/sis breeding is if EVERY dog in the litter was turned out. . . with that said I think it all depends on the siblings in question jmo.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

11. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

The best dogs today seem to be 3-4 way crosses.

12. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

13. benthere

1. no. not mayday.
    2. sure you can. Send me a PM with an email address and I will send it to you.

14. benthere

Send me a PM with an email address and I will send it to you. I don't know how to post it or I would.

15. garth

garth Big Dog

In breeding is a good tool to use.I inbred alot but I only use the best of the litter,that means I do'nt sell pups keep every one,an cull as I go.

16. benthere

If some one can tell me how to post a PDF file to a message board I will post it for everyone.

17. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

18. U.T.K'S SCORCH

U.T.K'S SCORCH Big Dog

19. benthere

Duh..I guess I didn't realize you can do that. It is too big a file. How do I make it smaller?

20. benthere