1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bringing Fire to a family

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Sampson1, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

^^ i see what y'all mean and that is a good question

2. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

maybe.you're price is good.1000 for a pup , is crazy.

3. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

$1000 for a pup you are paying for the name

4. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I completely agree chaser!! Actually I'm thinking $1000 for an adult is pretty crazy..lol Only because since its for sale that means that the people selling it don't like something about it right? or they wouldn't be selling it... that's my thought processing anyway... I know anytime I have put up an adult for sale its because there is something about that dog that I don't like, or need in my program, I always assume that is the same with everyone..lol

5. preme

preme CH Dog

ill pay anything i want for something i seen with my own two eyes... but a pup for a stack never !!!!!!!!!!!

6. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Yep thats how it goes, its like buying a used car!You know there has 2 be something wrong with it!

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

depends who's runnin it. its out there. maybe its hiding, but its out there.

those who know...know...nuff said.

8. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Maybe it is hiding out there. Not to take away from Colby because Colby is Colby nonetheless but how is it any different than taking a well built pure Ruffian dog (since this is the purest form of Tudor's black jack, which is a foundation dog to the ABPT) and breeding it to a true bulldog. Yes hybrid vigor may show its head but foundation is foundation also and this wouldn't be a place to start in my opinion. There is a million ways to look at it, because there are Colby's dogs like Rampage (think that is his name) that supposedly been able to produce dogs. Not saying yes or no about them but that is what is said through the internet grape vine. Owning a Colby dog is more of a braging right than an actual bulldog because years have past those dogs and then the breeding of that family is big but small, can't help to think cur traits have been passed along from such inbreeding in a sense or linebreeding (sort of). I am sure there is something out there someone can rebuttal with to the this post but in all reality, not a smart move as a dogman. The one thing that can be said the dogs are replicas of old dogs and the look just like colby dogs because they are colby dogs, well built in physical looks but attitude could be lacking and should be in theory. But at the same time, you are talking a family of breeding more than good dogs, breeding performance animals is a way of life and definitely bred into the human Colby family. You might roll a 7 or 11 but the chances of you crapping out are greater. You going to be the house or the gambler?

This is an interesting article I found on the net about Colby and a dog attack from 1909, never heard this one before, no disrespect intended by posting. Just thought to share.
    http://blog.dogsbite.org/2010/05/1909-fatality-john-p-colbys-fighting.html

9. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Interesting article, but that blogger is about as misleading and dishonest as he can be.

10. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Just seen a male on a hunt that was
    1/4Jeep 1/4TurtleBuster 1/2Colby
    Win in 40mins

11. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Give it a rest....

12. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

Damn lol do this thread have a chance to get filthy? :D

13. terry832

terry832 Pup

It will, all the colby haters havnt come out yet....just wait the hate will start:D

14. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

and? :dogtongue:

15. garth

garth Big Dog

Their's some pretty good Colby dog's and cross'es in my parts.Working dogs they are!

16. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Dont Hate thats a bitch trait ..... :)

17. akcbr954

akcbr954 Big Dog

colby dogs are great....if ur going to a conformation show.

18. fblb

fblb Top Dog

You should know all about it then.

19. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

yeah I got bitches always hating ..... :)

20. fblb

fblb Top Dog

ROTFL, ain't me that's for sure...you ain't got nothing worth hating on, buddy.