1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeds that could defeat a Spotted Hyena or Wolf?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Doc Holiday, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Well said mate..
    one wolf aint gonna stand there and say 'cmon dog lets do this'
    but thats what the bulldog will be saying to the wolf for sure.
    but when that wolfs got his buddys behind him and are guys chained out at night then a night mear from hell arises.pure vile carnage.
    dont get me wrong here if a dog tangles with a wolf even one on one theres gonna be some damage to the dog if the wolf fckn dose stand.
    wolfs are curs.its in there nature to flee before fight.
    but i cant help thinking not all of em are curs,the Alpha males and such.
    im sure theres some that would see it threw?
    we dont know what goes on amongt wolfs man.admittidly fights between them dont get out of hand but surly some do?
    im just speculating here and nothing more.but lets say a fight breaks out between two wolfs, and ones loosing but cant flee?what happens then?the stonger wolf kills it and then the pack mob it?or they show there crulity and all turn on the weaker wolf from the start?(seems more likly)..
    i dont know man.
    But wolfs are fasinating.

Crule beasts for sure,but nature can be the crulest element there is.
    and just like domesticated dogs,just like are own selfs,wolfs are curious,jeaslous,loyel,loving,surviers,crule.brave,scared.
    no wonder man set to and demesticated them.
    if wolfs are the anseterts of dogs that is?
    whats peopls views on that?
    some sort of wolf type speices or wolfs?
    i think wolfs but im just not sure.

I think man noticed all the above features i just said and worked on the loyle,loving braver specimans.

All the best.

2. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Can a lone wolf bring down a pit bull? A GOOD game pit, maybe not. A GROWN timber wolf's neck is much larger than a pit bull's neck. Once a timber wolf bites down, it uses that neck to pull the flesh and easily puncture a dog's windpipe. My opinion...a grown timber wolf can bring down a pit bull.

3. Holocaust

Holocaust Match dog

The Serbian pics are a pack... not 1... tell the real story. Cause ill link it...

Rapid Roy... thise that know know... and hos owner did WAY more than anyone who commented.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Why do these topics always seem to pop up here.

Lol. Damn weirdos.

Ok the real question is Pit Bull vs salt water crocodile. Who'd win.... lmaowtf....

jstevens and Holocaust like this.
  5. Holocaust

Holocaust Match dog

"Gator" over croc all day cuz

AGK likes this.
  6. to be honest I dont give a damn
    for me its like talking about dogs who never met , breedings that never took place

its like me having a threesome with rihanna and jeniffer lopez and my wife shooting the video

david63 and Dusty Road like this.
  7. Great way to greet a new member, Mr. Admin.

But calling them a weirdo for posing a question that's pretty commonly asked. You comparing this to Pit vs Croc is not at all logical.

Fuckin idiot. Fuck this forum.

AGK likes this.
  8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sort of like the 86 Celtics vs. the 91 Bulls. Or the 85 Bears vs. last year's Chief's team. Maybe even Ali vs. Tyson. Then a completely different argument would be Ali vs. Tyson being handled/conditioned by Cus D'Amato.

None of that is ever going to happen. The wolf and coyote and the bulldog is never going to happen. But it is a what if? question just like the above.

No other animals fight just to be fighting. Maybe except for chickens, and since the Salt water Croc was brought in (LOL) I wll say mammals. No other mammals fight just to be fighting. 99.999% of all mammals choose flight over fight. They will fight to defend their young, their territory or their food.

The fact that the bulldog will keep coming gives it a leg up as the others are quick to choose flight. But the others outweigh him by tons so the two seconds they stay before they bail might be enough. Who knows?

That leads me to the most pressing question that needs attention.

With the Salt Water Croc are we on land or in the water?

S

patjr and AGK like this.
  9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

This wasn't an introduction post so why would I welcome you on it.
    I was being sarcastic artard. We have a search bar that works really well. This topic has been beat to death already around here over the years.

Ask stupid questions get stupid answers.
    Believe me, with questions like that, we won't miss you if you decide to not log in again...

patjr and david63 like this.
  10. There was a vid on youtube about two years ago(not sure if its still there)called Pitbull v Capivares.

Fckn dog swims on a island full of em and just has a full ten min war with at least twenty of the fckers.
    worth s check.

11. GK1

GK1 Big Dog

op criteria is a “natural setting”. from what I’ve read, the giant primitive flock guardian breeds like Kangal, Ovcharka which can work independently surely possible against wolf in the cold clime; likewise presa, boerbul etc. vs hyena in the heat. but wee, human oriented game dog - especially without handler nearby would become a food source for wolf/hyena. I’m guessing environment alone would cur out most game dogs fairly quickly. ...like how badly will a domesticated dog want combat after pursuit thru iced streams, or over blazing rocks and thorns without daddy around?

my theory about white fang - although fictional of course - is that he fought well in man’s organized matches because he was part domesticated dog, less bc he was wolf.
    silly thread, but Soze t.k. made it interesting..

12. Kangal dog can and has kill every single type of wolf. The right hardened kangal will kill a spotted hyena.

There have been american (PIT) BULL terriers that have killed wolves and timber wolves before 1on1. I doubt a pit dog could take out a spotted hyena but sure it would die trying. Really not sure about a pit dog VS hyena i have never heard of that

david63 likes this.
  13. david63

david63 CH Dog

You are exactly right Box Bulldog.

14. I had this dog once(:-) :-) :-)...
    this one time,i forget what century,i was in my time meachie again @ Stedz.(think it was the 1600s)i found this dog what was so game it could go down a bear hole and draw

david63 and stedz like this.
  15. Ingnore the top bit,i was gonna right somthing daft taking the piss but i decised agaist that.

16. david63

david63 CH Dog

There's a video on you Tube somewhere with a pack of timberwolves killing a pitbull on a chain.The pit was at the end of his chin trying to grab the alpha wolf and the alpha wolf got too close and the pit grabbed the alpha wolf then they all jumped on the pit and killed him. Timberwolver are at least twice or more the size of the pit.

17. Nasty shit man..
    a nasty way to go out for sure.

Not so many years ago(time traving now)about three hundred.lol.
    Wolfs were a huge problem in most places.some peoples rent was like three hundred wolfs heads a year.
    if this is any were near true,it shows there must have been a lot of wolfs back then.it also shows wolfs were a problem,a serious threat to live stock,game,and even humans.
    most, if not all,countrys back then had them..

Theres actully still wolf farms in the mid west of the USA.or there was, i dont no about now,but twenty years ago there was.maybe youve heard of this David?
    you could get all types of crosses.half wolf half dog.quater either way. right down to three eighths five eighths.
    i was gonna get one but ive got kids lol.

Na,i dont see the point of such a weird beast.
    haha lol.i could see a few draw backs.cost a lot to feed,it shits would be huge,and i cant think of a working role for it?i bet it be dangerous round sheep to.
    be nice to pet if it lets ya.
    be weird to have a half wolf on the couch lol.

God knows why anybody would breed such a thing.
    I belive they use GSDs as the most sutible cross.although huskies were also used..but ide like to see a Bulldog cross wolf now i think.

Bulldog cross wolf.....im howling ive gone that mad.

david63 likes this.
  18. david63

david63 CH Dog

19. GamedogCorner

GamedogCorner Big Dog

I cannot believe some of the shit I read. Kangals routinely jump the wall against little game dogs(while owning a 3X weight advantage) but they will kill a fuckin hyena...~X(

CockneyRebel, Box Bulldog and david63 like this.