1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by azdog, Sep 8, 2004.

1. azdog

azdog Big Dog

Is There Any Good Books On Breeding,on How To Keep Your Families Tight,without Out Crossing Too Much?

2. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Sometimes people get too carried away with that keeping it tight shit. Start getting tight and you will start experiencing problems. I prefer linebreeding to some other methods. Inbreeding isn't for everyone.

3. azdog

azdog Big Dog

I'M A FIRM BELEAVER,THAT WHEN YOU START TO INBREED,IF THERE IS ANY BAD BLOOD IN THERE IT WILL CROP UP PRETTY FAST.BUT I'M NO BREEDER.THATS WHY I'M OPEN FOR SUGJESTIONS.

4. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

When inbreeding, it will magnify the good traits and the BAD traits, some folks tend to forget that the BAD traits in the line will be intensified. Tight inbreeding should only be done if you have good knowledge of the line and you are dealing with some really good animals (then again ALL breeding should only be done with good representatives...)

BB

5. azdog

azdog Big Dog

IS BREEDING THE BEST TO THE BEST EVEN THOW THERE NOT THE SAME STRAIN GOOD?I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE USING THAT METHOD.ALSO CAN YOU EXPLAIN MORE ON LINE BREEDING.

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

7. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

8. azdog

azdog Big Dog

THANKS GUYS FOR THE EXAMPLE,I GOT A BETTER IDEA NOW ON LINE BREEDING.

9. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Sorry to burst your bubble of knowledge Mr. Super Duper, but this is not an example of linebreeding. Why?The dog's sire comes from a brother to sister breeding(simple inbreeding!)The dam has some of that Moses x Chug blood through common ancestors shared with the sire, with some Redboy and Snooty. Where is the linebreeding?

10. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Breeding best to best is always a good idea although the results sometimes are less than expected. Being the best has nothing to do with being a good producer.What is ''the best'' anyway? It's all just a matter of opinion. As far as not being the same strain goes, you always need an outcross at some point. There have been many excellent pit dogs that were of no specific strain(scatterbred) ex.,Tombstone,Jeep,etc.

Line breeding is the mating of animals who have a close common ancestor,but are little, if at all related to each other through any other ancestors. It is the breeding in line to that common ancestor.

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL you didn't burst my bubble. Yocum himself is an inbred dog. The dog I posted is a son of Yocum bred to his grand-daughter Black Beauty, and yes, I would call that a linebred dog. Hope no air escaped YOUR bubble :-D

BB