1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Corley, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Corley

Corley Big Dog

When you look for a puppy to later breed what do you look for?

1. I look for at puppy that is very well bred from proven parents. I feel that
    this will give you a better chance at reaching your goal.
    2. Since breeding dogs can get tricky I like to get females if I'm looking for a
    puppy to breed. I think getting a good female is the key to getting a good
    litter of puppies. Because, you can find good stud males all over the place.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

I don't look for puppies to breed. Period. I acquire a well-bred ADULT female who is proven or of age to be proven, and then after seeing a potential stud with my own eyes or seen by someone I trust, I Consider a potential breeding to my female. All this puppy pickin and breedin is goin about it the wrong way. That's just my opinion.

3. If the only reason you're looking for a puppy is to breed, then please quit looking.

4. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

^^^^^ Thank you button....

5. Corley

Corley Big Dog

No, it is not the only thing I do with my animals but it is a factor. I was just asking a question to see how other people think.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I don't feel there is a way to guage a puppy as far as it's potential breeding possibilities. A pup that acts hot at 4months can cool down by 10 months and one that is shy can come out of it's shell and become a beast at age 2, it's a roll of the dice. I never look at a pup for a basis to breed. I do buy pups that due to the way they are bred, I have high hopes for but untill one proves their worth in the breeders eyes, there is no way to really determine what a pup will turn out like untill it grows up to an adult dog. One of the best pieces advice I have gotten over the years is: "Hot water cools quick", same can be said for alot of bulldogs that start out looking like possible prospects to only later become wall jumpers. You can't really know what a pup will turn out to become as an adult dog.

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im assuming that if youre looking at a pup to breed you are focused on the pedigree more than anything:eek: