1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding ?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by EastTexas, Dec 9, 2007.

1. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I bred a pair of my dog's a few years back, and a buddy of mine who bought one from me asked me to pick him a good one. Well, the one I picked which is 2 and a half now still won't breed. I know that he's plenty old enough, but all he want's to do is try to fight. He don't care if she's in heat or not! I have been around this breed my whole life. My father got his first one when he was 14 and has had em ever since. I asked him, But he hasn't ever seen a male this way either. I know female's like this (I have one) and that's why they make breeding stands. So my question is, Has anyone ever owned or heard of a male like this?

Here is his pedigree:
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=244511

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  2. prdogo

prdogo Pup

hi from puerto rico
    in mi opinion if you have inof space make two cage one near the other. that bouth dogs can see each other. remember that the dogs protect their propertis and may tinks that the new are traspacing. because of that i sugest seen the new one on secuens will adap and then maket to socializate. remember that socialization make dogs beter companion.

Attached Files:

3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Ok, you have had this breed for years and you are wondering why your APBT is dog aggressive??!........... MANY MANY MANY of these dogs are dog aggressive irregardless of the other sex, size, color etc etc of the other dog - its in their genetics! Thats why breeding stands were made. And please disregard the other post in here, trying to socialize a dog aggressive dog wont do anything but cause scuffles. You need to be responsible and take EVERY precaution that you can so you dont have an accident.

Now, why are you wanting to breed this male? Is he a conformation Ch. or maybe an excellent working dog? My point here is, there is zero need to breed your male unless he has earned the right to do so. I love my dogs and think they are all great in their certain aspects, but fact is there will always always be someone out there with better dogs than what i could produce myself. That is why I dont breed my dogs, there is no need too.

4. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

excellent post. it's intersting to see the questions posed about breeding and why their dog may or may not want to breed. if someone is asking a question such as why does my dog just want to fight instead of breed, well maybe you shouldn't be breeding. at least leran how to deal with those problems before attempting to breed. *sigh*

5. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

WOW!

Been breeding dogs or at least owning them for how long now?

And don't have the slightest clue to what DA is?

*Rolls Eyes and Shakes Head*

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

OK whats the question? Why is my male aggressive or why am I breeding? To answer both. Your male there is young and dumb and full of,...... come on seriously hes a male he dont know what getting laid is yet... he wants to be a boy and fight, and yes I seen plenty of males and females like that. To answer the other no you shouldnt and nobody knows why you are.

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

hey misterdogman, pm me, im curious where in Ia u r located

8. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

First of all I'm not wondering why the dog is agressive, I know why he is. And I know they make breeding stands, So you wan't me to put a MALE in a breeding stand? And, Who said he hasn't earned the right to breed? You do not know the dog, or what right he has earned!

9. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I did not ask why the dog want's to fight and not breed I asked had anyone else ever had or heard of a male not wanting to breed, but wanting to fight reguardless if the female is in heat!

10. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

Once again I did not ask anything about dog agression. I asked had anyone ever came across this beside's me.

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i think if you put on some luther vandross, get a nice bottle of wine for the two of them, he ll come around. anyway, what did ya expect, come on a forum like this and ask a novice question

12. simms

simms CH Dog

I dont think that was what the question was..... I think he is saying the dog is not breedable on his own. The OP is looking for some experiance and suggestions.

13. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I didn't ask either question! So your trying to tell me a male don't know what breeding is at 2 and a half years? I have heard of byb's breeding male's at 9 month's! But, that's not what this post is about. And just to let ya'll know that has been the only litter I have had in the last 3 years, and I know where all 6 of those pups are and what they are doing. So I didn't ask should I breed or Why do you think I am!

14. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I'm not looking for experience or suggestions. Is everybody on this site so blinded by hypocritisim that they can't even read. I asked the question I wanted comment's about on the Thread I posted. Has anyone ever owned or heard of a male like this? I know how to handle the situation if I want him bred. A trip to the vet ain't no problem.

15. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

yes thats what im trying to tell you. and who cares about the rest of the breeding history of bybs, it dont matter. your dog aint a 9mos byb dog so why compare, and every dog is different and hes just fight crazy and not interested in smell or sex. its a fact. is he inbred ?...wait until fes 4 and see how he acts round girls...

16. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Man - reading comprehension anyone?
    The OP said "does anyone have a male or seen one like that".

You may have to go with artificial insemination if you can't get him to breed naturally.
    Where are you trying to do the breeding? On the males property or the females?
    If he is attacking her on his property, then try sending him to the bitches house and keeping him there a week or so.

17. simms

simms CH Dog

Yes, and dog's like that are not uncommon.

18. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I tried to do the breeding at the female's place, because like I posted I do not own the male, A friend of mine does. He has not been on my yard since he was 8 weeks old.

And like I said I have not had a litter in the past 3 years. So there was a reason for the breeding. I breed for my benefit. The male wouldn't breed so I passed the female. If I was just looking to breed I would have hit her with another male.

19. Suki

Suki Guest

yes i have heard of this and no it's not all that uncommon. seems he's simply not interested in breeding yet, and waiting another 6 months or so, as mentioned, might do a lot as far as him becoming "interested"...
    give it some time... ;)

20. renegadepit

renegadepit Big Dog

Its not uncommon. I've seen it also where a male would not breed to a female. I've seen a male who was not dog aggressive and the female was in heat with the tail to the side ready to go. The owners tried for days. The male was just not interested, and when the male is not interested theres nothing you could do about that. Maybe (like the above mentioned) artificial insemination would be your only bet.
    Question. Has that male been bred before?