1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding Practices

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by vellie, Jan 6, 2021.

1. SKARS

SKARS Pup

Your handles often but I dont see any

2. SKARS

SKARS Pup

Often:: typo

3. SKARS

SKARS Pup

Ofrn ...

4. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

5. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

That’s copper. Hes my OFRN. He’s 10- and the other 2 are 11, and 12. All great dogs but too difficult to own with my lifestyle now. Cows/chickens/goats. when copper passes I’ll have only American bulldogs. Their prey drive is just too much, but then again I walked up on my AB eating a squirrel the other day. Guess we’ll see how it goes

Attached Files:

6. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

Attached Files:

7. budgee

budgee Pup

Hey, great post and thanks for sharing your experiences.
    I heard a practice/breeding strategy from a cattle farmer that said, to get performance from your composite breed/mixed line you should breed it to one of the original lines crossed with something else. Example Mayday line (4 way cross) bred to Redboy/Jeep (as a clean 50/50). Any experience in this. I bred Chinaman type to Bolio/Bullyson and got some nice results