1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding Made!

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by EastTexas, Dec 21, 2008.

1. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

Not posting a Sale! Just showing what I got! I just done a breeding that I have been waiting on for awhile. Breeding not for financial gain! I have owned the gyp I just bred since she was born. I owned my gyp's grandmother and she was only bred 3 times in 9 years, all three litter's she only had 5 pup's each litter. I owned my gyp's mother and she was only bred 2 time's in 7 year's, each of her 2 litter's she only had 1 pup each litter. The gyp I just bred, and a good friend of mine has the other. So I am not expecting this to be a big litter. I also own my gyp's sire, I have had him for almost 8 years. I have owned the male I bred her to since he was around 3 month's old. Here is a link to the pedigree of the Male and Female that I just bred, let me know what ya'll think. All input's accepted!

Bankston's Reaper: http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=148325

Bankston's Diamond: http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=175379

2. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Nice cross man. I bet that will be a litter to keep an eye on.

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

a little young dont you think?

4. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

I didnt see that. Both dogs are a little over a year old. Are they worth of being bred?

5. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

Depend's on the dog, Some prove theirself younger than others. Like I said, I been running this blood for about 9 years. I been through different line's and different crosses I bred down to produce this gyp for reason's. My gyp that I bred is not even registered. It's not that she can't be, I have had her single registry paper filled out since she was a young pup. I just don't plan on peddling the puppies. Oh, and when I said I been waiting on this breeding for awhile that didn't mean this is her first heat and that's what I been waiting on. She has been in heat before. I have passed her till she proved worthy of breeding.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
  6. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

If a bitch is meant to be brood from the get go then her age means jack. Its been done over and over again.Although waiting for her to atleast have her second heat is a good idea.Usually they are matured by then.I said USUALLY.Nice breeding by the way. Id hang on to the Bud stuff as hes RIP.

7. HBK

HBK Big Dog

Proven at a year old ?

There are differences of opinion on weather or not one should breed "un-proven " stock based on pedigree alone as in " brood stock ". If you do some research you will see that most dog men used all kinds of breeding methods - brood stock, un-proven,proven, game, cold, quitters (yes quitters), rough dogs, mouth, wind and the list goes on and on. Don't beleive for a minute that only winners were bred. But do believe this, they were breeding to produce winners!!!!!!!! Not just breeding to be breeding. They had an end goal and that was to produce dogs that could win, period!
    I personally have no problem breeding "un-proven" stock if you have a goal in mind and if yes, it looks good on paper. Paper as a tool is not a bad thing as long as it is an accurate account of the actual genetic contributions and not hung. That is the only real plus of the DNA certification if you are purchasing a dog. At least you know who the real parents are. Not to change the subject.

I can't see how this dog could be "proven" in any real way, for it is just a puppy. A dog isn't even physically or mentally mature a 1 year old so
    who knows. I know people treat them like they are sometimes because of certain signs or abilities that they see but man let the dogs grow up a little bit. IMHO too many people ruin young dogs. Not to change the subject again and I am not accusing anyone of anything FYI.

As far as breeding a puppy goes I personally don't like it, but in rare cases might do it. Some may have personal reasons for doing it and thats not anyone's buisness but their own. I think that is your own personal choice and respect it and won't judge anyone for doing it. Heck one of the most famous breeding in the history of the APBT was Eli to a pup name SPOOK. I sure am glad old Jerry did it too :-)

Dapper is a well bred dog and there is no reason why this breeding shouldn't produce very nice animals. IMHO.

In the breed
    t