1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Brass Rope Clamps

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Michael., May 20, 2016.

1. Michael.

Michael. Big Dog

I bought some brass clamps, bull snaps and rope. Wanting to make a lead. The hand held vice that I have doesn't budge the clamps at all. I tried hammer but they didn't "claw inward" they were kind of on top of one another, overlapping and the rope was sliding, not easily, but it was moving. What is the best tool to tighten brass rope clamps? This friggin lady the Home Depot handed my "pipe clamps" which I didn't know what they were until I realized that they were for pipes and that is the only way to ge the tool to even stand on its own.

2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Seen some at Home Depot been wanting to make a few rope leashes but I always get stuck on the clamps it seem like if I bend em theyll just bend once the dog pulled so I never went through with it just couldn't seem to trust me enough to do it

3. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Em ^^^