1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Boy raises money for abused pit bull

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, May 6, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Charlotte, NC -- Eleven-year-old Tre Woods was at the Gaston Boys and Girls Club recently when he heard Nicole McCutcheon, the club's executive administrative assistant, talk about a pit bull named Gypsy. It had been found last month near Belmont and was close to dying after being involved in dogfighting, police said Gypsy's ears were cut off, her mouth was full of wounds and rescuers eventually had to amputate one of her legs. Tre typed up a flier on the club's computer, asking people to donate money for her cause. He also drew pictures to show potential donors as he handed them fliers. Today, he'll present a $200 check to the group that's helping her, Tri-County Animal Rescue. Here's his story, as told to Observer reporter Dnica Coto:

Miss Nicky and I were talking about it. I asked her if I could make pictures and type up something.

I wanted to help because I was sort of mad that my Chihuahua, Sissy, got run over a few years ago.

I just wanted people to know that there was a dog in need. People can be cruel to animals, and I don't think that's right.

After typing up the flier, I started drawing. It's not the first time I helped out. About three months ago, I was at a student council meeting at Grier Middle School when a woman told us that the principal's daughter was in the hospital with a broken foot. I told kids in my homeroom about it, and asked them to donate money and food.

It's fun, just 'cause I know I'm doing this for a good cause. People have helped me out, too. I was in the hospital last year because my liver was bleeding, and people were visiting and cheering me up. My aunt gave me a great big balloon that said `Get well soon,' and it had a bear tied to it.

Our goal was to raise $100 for Gypsy, but we passed that. I'm pretty happy about it.

2. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

What a great kid!

3. lil'lucybear

lil'lucybear Big Dog

aww kids can be so cool, its amazing that a kid can be this sweet and most adults can't even say excuse me when they run in to you

4. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

Thats right down the road from me..That dog has been all over the news..She was in BAD shape..Had to have her front leg amputated..Part of her face had rotted off...They are trying to raise money to get her face reconstructed...Its a sad story...

5. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Good for that little kid...nice to see a positive story coming out of something so bad.
    BB

6. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

that is one hell of a kid glad to see wish some adults could follow his lead

7. Kay

Kay Big Dog

What a simple yet honest statement. I can relate as I got plowed over today without an excuse me or sorry. I love seeing stories like this, especially since the child also has compassion for humans. We need more people like that.

8. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Guys I think we've found who will be the future president, finally someone with a brain. It would be cool to have a president right now who owns a pitbull, we would all be very happy.

9. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Those Parents Should Be Very Proud Of There Lil Boy. They Rasied A Great Kid Way To Go.

10. CB

CB CH Dog

yeah i live in charlotte,NC that kid was at petsmart with the dog trying to raise money for the dog, it was a nice dog just in the wrong hands of immature adults. There's been alot of dog fights here but there cracking down on it now.