1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

BOXING yesterday & today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ben brockton, Jul 2, 2012.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Yeah Trevor thought Tyson was all hype boy was he wrong.He was falling all over the place after Tyson hit him .Trevor would go down then get up and lose his balance and fall over.I remember Tony Tubbs tnt boxing Tyson looking pretty good ,then Tyson took him out in round 2 with a some vicious punches.The interviewer said to Tyson well some will say he was a 35 year old (or so) that was fat and out of shape. Tyson responded by saying well I did my job and thats what happens to a old out of shape fighter that gets in the ring with me.GREAT COMEBACK LINE.

2. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Watching Berbick attempt to get up with all heart to only keep on falling down almost made me feel bad for him. He had the heart but his legs were gone he sure took a beating. That night and up to the spinks fight, tyson was game for any heavyweight ever.

3. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

How about Big Mouth Larry Holmes. Now, that was payback for a lot.

4. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Yeah, he got beat bad. I actually felt bad for him, watching home on the ground after the third knockdown but I can't really give Tyson to much credit for that one, Holmes was waaaaaaay past his prime on that fight, but he sure got his ass handed to him.

5. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Fun to watch indeed.

6. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I didn't feel bad for Holmes.Its part of the game.Holmes ran his mouth before the fight with Tyson and be- raided Tyson personally.I think its one thing to hype a fight or try to get in someone's head but to bring other personal stuff into it is classless.Holmes wasn't over the hill about two or 3 years later when he beat Ray Mercer.Tyson closed on Larry and then took him apart.Holmes looked good till Tyson started to hit him to the body.

7. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Holmes thought Tyson would give him a nice easy payday like Holmes did for ALi. No dice.

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

what do you guys think of Chris Eubank ?? or Nigel benn for that matter?

9. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Eubank I didn't see fight that much two fights ,he was good well rounded fighter(good boxing skills,good punching power,ring savy,always in good shape).Eubanks would outbox a guy then stop them in the later rounds.Benn hit harded and had a gunslinger mentality.I don't think Benn had a better chin then Eubanks, but Benn looked to finish a fight all the time from beginning to end.Benn was never in a boring fight,Benn would be getting the shit beat out of him and then bam hit the guy with a big shot and the fight is over.I liked to watch Benn fight because it was always entertaining.Do u remember Lloyd Honeygan?

10. jacko

jacko CH Dog

yes mate i remember lioyd honeygan. leopard skin shorts an a shaved head.he won a few in good style then he seemed to vannish. what about Terry marsh. and Barry mcguiggan(sp) Charlie maggry and that heavy weight right now Tyson fury ?

11. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

What do you guys think of Adrien Broner?

12. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Don't know who he is.

13. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Broner appears to be the real deal IMO!!!

14. Icepick

Icepick Banned

That was a NASTY cut too!

15. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Yes. See one of the brothers successfully defended his title last night. What a sham the heavyweight division is. I guess more young folks are going to college. Sad..

16. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Thank god the ref stopped that fight!! Hearns would have really gotten hurt IMO.. Leonard was just smart enough to duck Haggler for a few years, until Haggler slowed down a bit. That shit still pisses me off lol. I dont believe Haggler was ever knocked down, armature or pro was he??? Now thats a big ass statement looking at who he fought and beat (Mugabi, Duran, Hearns just to name 3).

17. Icepick

Icepick Banned

No one but Ali stood a chance against Foreman in his prime(and most believed that Ali was going to get the beating Foreman gave to everyone else he fought). People often wonder what about Tyson and Foreman in both their primes. I just say watch the first Frazier vs Foreman fight to get your answer...

18. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Juan Roaldan knocked him down. It was ruled a knockdown by the ref but the people at ringside said it was a shove. Hagler was not hurt.

19. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

I have a hard time believing that Ali/Foreman fight was on the up and up as well. I know Foreman tired but still have a hard time.

20. Icepick

Icepick Banned

All I know is I seen Foreman said he had some type of "epiphany" in the locker room after that fight... Like I said earlier though, Ali is still paying for that win today. I wonder of it was worth it?