1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

BOXING yesterday & today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ben brockton, Jul 2, 2012.

1. blanch

blanch Big Dog

Re: BOXING yesterday & today

I don't know who Joe foreman is but if he's anything like George Foreman he certainly COULD barnstorm Lewis,I personally think the younger Foreman would burn out trying to catch Lewis who'd be grabbing at every opportunity sapping his energy further until the inevitable KO.

Older better paced foreman doesn't even make it interesting with a prime Lewis but probably goes the distance,same goes for Tyson and Shavers though they have a punchers chance.

like i said all just conjecture now.

2. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

That is a cross between Joe Frazier and George Foreman. My apologies but since all could hit Lewis harder then Oliver McCall did, I think your Lewis would be in a lot of trouble.

3. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Lewis doesn't stand a chance vs. a prime george foreman. Lenox would be way out of his league. And a prime tyson with rooney would destroy Lewis also.

4. blanch

blanch Big Dog

That's a bit like saying David Tua hit a lot harder than Frazier so would knock Ali out sooner than he did.

there's a lot more to it than that.

I'm no Lewis fan btw i just think the much bigger stronger heavyweights of today would generally beat the smaller weaker heavyweights of the past.

and of the modern super heavyweights I think LL is the best so far.

5. WWII

WWII Banned

Lennox had 2 losses, both of which he avenged with KOs during the rematch. He KO'd Tyson, beat/draw with Holyfield, beat Klitschko (TKO, Klitschko was leading), and Foreman said that 'LL is the best heavy weight of all time''.

6. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i still like watching the Henry Cooper v Ali bout. Henry"s Hammer.shook the smart-arse up. lol

7. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Lewis was soft. He came up in an era when all the class of the division was washed up. Oliver McCall knocked his ass out. Tyson would have. Holmes would have. Foreman would have said anything later on in life to sell grills. If you think Lewis was a great heavyweight, you should tak up watching tennis or something.

8. venom

venom Top Dog

Lewis just had that incredible reach

9. venom

venom Top Dog

Vitale was getting in lewis's ass.
    If lewis hadnt been so fortunate that the fight was stopped due to a cutt, he would have lost as vitale klitchko was up like 3 rounds.

and then lewis dodged his way out of a rematch and retired before it could happen lol

10. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Lewis was a mediocre heavy weight at best.

11. WWII

WWII Banned

And Tyson came up with the best? The only noteworthy people he fough, he lost to. Including a soft Lewis. :)

12. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

He fought Larry Holmes past his prime. He fought Michael Spinks who beat Larry Holmes for his title. Plus, every heavy weight that was there. He was ducked by Lewis for years. CHeck it out. Lewis waited for him to get out of jail and for his life to completely unravel. SO did Holyfield.

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

tyson with cus in his corner would destroy any heavyweight in history.

14. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Now that would have been something to see.

15. blanch

blanch Big Dog

Lewis was old and fat in that fight,definitely at a sensible retirement age.

the whole dynamic of the fight would of been different had Klit not got cut,but the fact is he did and Lewis took advantage of that like any good ring technician would.

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

fireworks for today. [video=youtube;nXno_ktOU_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXno_ktOU_k&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXno_ktOU_k&feature=related[/video]

17. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Ring Technician? The guy sucked.

18. blanch

blanch Big Dog

You surely don't really think that?

I'm no fan of his,like i said i think his styles boring but he was a great by any standard.

19. venom

venom Top Dog

Lewis was always the same...
    He fought tyson in 2002... the klitchcko fight was 2003????

20. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Compared to what you have now, maybe. But, I go back a long time with the fight game. If you would have seen 1/10 of the heavy weights that I've seen, you would understand. Nowadays, the glass jawed Klithscos are the champs.