1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

BOXING yesterday & today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ben brockton, Jul 2, 2012.

1. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Re: BOXING yesterday & today

[video=youtube_share;XhuRoqse6gc]http://youtu.be/XhuRoqse6gc[/video]

2. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

1. Rocky Marciano
    2. Sugar Ray Leonard
    4. Baby Jake Matlala
    5. Floyd Mayweather
    6. Brian Mitchell
    7. Mike Tyson
    8. Oscar de Lahoya

3. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Larry Holmes had his ass whipped by Tim Witherspoon and still got the decision. Sometimes I seriously wonder why the decision goes to the champ when it's clear as daylight that he's having his butt kicked???

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

" what time is it... hawk time" aaron pryor imo was one of the baddest boxers of all time. never got the props due though because folks would duck him & move wt class to not fight him. sugar ray avoid him like the plague.

5. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

People have to remember that Duran really was a lightweight 135 and went up in weight over the years.Duran broke his right hand in his bought with Hagler in the 12 or 13 round. Duran also skipped 140 to get to Leonard that is a lot of weight for a small fighter to go up to.Hagler beat some very good fighters while being the middle weight champion Simpson,Mugabi,Hearns,Mintor,Vito and many more.The Hagler vs. Mugabi was a classic where Hagler schooled Mugabi.To Mugabi's credit he made no excuses ,he said I hit that man so hard that I broke my hand and he just kept coming.Now that was a fight.Salvador was just great to watch fight.He was just such a good technician in the ring with a great heart

6. WWII

WWII Banned

I'm not saying Tyson wasn't fun to watch....but who did he fight? Just sayin'....

7. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Tyson was sort of an enigma in the fact that he beat everyone in the division there was to beat lol. I mean he was so damn bad you did wonder about the competition, because he walked through most of them. I would have liked to seen him fight Bowe while in his prime.

8. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Duran was a fuckin beast. I think I heard when he was growing up he would have to swim a few miles almost daily to get food for the family! Definitely one of the meanest men to ever box. IMO I think he got into Leonard's head for their first fight. He would say such insulting shit to Leonard, and even Leonard's wife before the fight Leonard didnt know what to think lol..

9. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Anyone got the "no mas" fight of Leonard and Duran?

10. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I'm really a fan of all of the Four Kings.I even like Leonard,but just hold a little grudge against him lol.All those fights with those four were so great,and I always enjoy watching them.I did watch the Marvellous Marvin/Beast Mugabi fight again last night to...what a classic,you said it.One thing about Duran though,if you read the book Four Kings it say's Tommy Hearns really got into his head and that he was afraid of him.I don't know if I believe that though. The story of Duran KO'ing a horse always cracks me up.Yeah Mugabi was a Beast litterally lol 26-0-26 KO's at that time.I always get a kick out the way Hagler stands in the opposite corner admiring his work and then hoping he's going to get back up.

11. pawnshop

pawnshop Pup

Funny now that I think of it That was when I stoped watchin. I would have never thought my kids would grow up with out watching boxing. Thank god for MMA

12. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

My all time fav has to be Roberto Duran (Hands of Stone) used to go to the docks as a kid and fight the men for money, a real warrior. I think he once said, "Give me a pair of stilts and I'll fight Ali." Loved him.
    Ray Robinson
    Chavez
    Azuma Nelson
    What about Calzagie?

13. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

When I was a kid it was all about Mike Tyson. He was ferocious. I think Tyson in his prime is a top 5 heavyweight all time. Hagler is another favorite. How about Hagler against Roy Jones at middleweight, both in thier prime? I liked Evander Holyfield too. How about Holyfield against Roy Jones at cruiserweight? Its too bad the boxing game sucks now. Thanks for mma

14. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Michael Spinxs wearing knee pads into the ring for the championship. That was what Tyson had going for him. Fear!!!

15. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Nice to see you back my man. I see that we both recognize talent in the ring. Sugar Ray Robinson, greatest pound for pound fighter ever to step int o the ring. And back from WWII to champion. Not like the draft dodger.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Not in order but here were my favs

1. Tyson
    2. winky wright
    3. Zab judah
    4. Diego coralles
    5. Ricardo mayorga
    6. Roy jones jr.
    7. Bernard hopkins

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I agree lakewood, mike had most them fights won before it even started!

18. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Shavers hit like a freight train. Sad that he never was more successful then he was. Forgot about Blade Barkley. Liked Duran Moore much better.

19. Re: BOXING yesterday & today

Leon Spinks was a title holder. He enters the ring with knee pads on. Now, come on man. Grow a sack duded.

Your right. So many of those fighters came in not wanting to get killed. That was the game plan. Until ol Buster Douglas that is.

20. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

I believe that Sugar Ray Robinson was the greatest ever! I've never heard another boxer deny that he was, I'd take Archie Moore and Rocky Marciano to round out my top three