1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Boudreaux

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dunlap, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

This is my boy, "big daddy" Boudreaux. I'm curious to hear some of your opinions on him. He is a bit of a big boy but well proportioned and the skin on his neck looks that way because of the way he was pull'n at the chain. I know ya'll are gonna ask for a ped but everything is hand written right now. I'm gonna get it on here sooner or later. His mom is colby bred but his dad was colby...carver...mayday...local lines...mostly scatter bred really but he was a damn good hog dog in his prime as well as his mom.

[​IMG]

2. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

And how big is this ones head? LOL.

3. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

wanna find out? ;)

I'll go ahead and answer you though smart ass. He weighs around 65lbs. and his head is about 20 inches or so.

4. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

***Edit***

SURE bring him over we'll have a good ol' time ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  5. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Nice website, more great CKC registered dogs!!! Keep up that great breeding program, thank God someone is around breeding those "Old Lines" but having no idea what the Old lines are.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
    NC and (deleted member) like this.
  6. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Scotsman again.

7. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

He looks pretty good Josh. He's a little big but I like him.

8. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

;) You're entitled to having an opinion but I personally dont care :)

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Beautiful dog. Looks like an AmBulldog though.

10. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

He looks aright. How old is he? Also is the sire to the pups you got on the ground right now?

11. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Most BYB'S don't care. They just breed any two dogs together not caring about the breed.

12. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

All kennel clubs are the same and it doesnt matter who you choose to use. If you buy a dog just because it is ADBA then thats your choice. I dont put much of any valu on papers and pedigrees, I look at the parents and what the dog can do...not how pretty a pedigree is. I'm not here tryin to sell anything so I dont care...I know where my dogs come from as well as the locals around here and the people that know me. He is a bit large at 65 lbs. but I dont care... I was curious to hear opinions on him from the "good ones" on the site. No he isnt AB but thanks anyways and yes he is the dad to my pups on the ground.

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

You should edit that statement, as it isnt true. I knew nothing of the ckc until I bought a little rat dog for my 6 year old, who was ckc, and THEN did my research on the registry and found out how much of a joke it is! It is for folks who have unregistered dogs, to get them registered.
    Many do not like adba, or ukc, but I like them. I also have used sdr and the only thing about them is they have been a bit slow in handling their business for me.

My question is this, why did you decide to name the dog "Boudreaux"? I have seen several peds that will give the dog a name of a respected bloodline to help sell pups to idiots. After reading the name, I expected to hear the dog was from that line, not colby. Just asking.

As to what I think of him, cant really tell much by the photo. Got any more?

14. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Your site was boasting him at 70lbs, and IMO he looks like an American Bulldog in every pic I have seen of him.

15. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

It may sound stupid but the name Boudreaux was picked out when I was about 11 years old. I had heard the name when I was little and saw it on the "Boudreaux's Butt Paste" in the stores and it just stuck with me. I always said that I would name a white pit bull Boudreaux when I got one. Well when I got older and realized it was actually a blood line I didnt want to do it but I did anyways... I dont have anything against the kennel clubs out there but I just think they are all the same, that is my opinion though and I'm not gonna force it on anyone. The thing about CKC is that they openly register mutts while other "popular" clubs keep it quiet. I'm pullin away from the CKC though and I'm gonna go with NKC and UKC as well as another "low key" registry I've recently found. I'll post some more pictures up later on though but his pics just dont do him any justice. People that see his pics and then see him in person have a hard time believing it's the same dog...

16. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

BTW I am not saying he is an ugly dog. I think he is very cute and has a cute face but to me he looks Am Bull more than anything

17. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

That's fine, I'm not asking for anyone to like him or anything. I honestly wanted opinions just to see what people would say... The pics of him do look bad about 80% of the time but I'm no photographer either lol.

18. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Do you even know how your dogs are bred? Or did someone just tell you they are Colby dogs. I might be attacking you, but CKC and NKC will register pretty much anything. You can't register a dog UKC or ADBA unless the parents were.

Oh and you are one of the last people that should have a message board, you have little knowledge of this breed and you started a board? LOL.
    You erased all my posts because they are the truth!!!! Stop breeding those curs and sit back and learn before you start acting like you are a big man and giving advice.

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That is what I was going to ask. How do you know he is an AmBull or not if he doesn't have a documented pedigree?

Again, he is a good looking dog, but he just looks like an AmBull to me.

It is not unknown for AmBulls to be passed off as pit bulls w/o papers. I just saw a couple last week selling "Gator pits" off of a dog that was quite obviously an AmBull. But the pups were being sold as "pit bulls." Without papers of course. ;)

As for the name, I've met several pit bulls named Boudreaux who weren't Boudreaux bred. I guess some ppl just like the name.

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I have seen dogs advertised as "Colby" bloodlines, and when the ped is examined, ONE of the dog's name was , you guessed it, "Colby", not the bloodline, but the dogs name!LOL And that happens all the time.