1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Boogiemanblood Says "Hi"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dtwo, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Re: Boogiemanblood Says "Hi"

i did, when he was here he always talked about his mills and what not, that leads me to believe thats his number 1 tool for working these dogs

2. Re: Boogiemanblood Says "Hi"

¡Un momento por favor!

Hold on a second, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

BoiBoi, you may or may not realize that i like you man. That said, when you post such a bold statement it must be challenged.

Your post above is stating that only those who exclusively use walking for conditioning deserve your respect. Moreover, you state use of other tools/equipment makes one "a lazy man". So, dog people that use catmills, slatmills, carpetmills, firt and spring poles, water tanks, etc for conditioning are all lazy.

I wonder why so many lazy and successful dogmen use these machines/methods if only walking is needed to do the job?

Here are the facts. Human athletes use different machines and methods to condition for their sport. Why belittle someone's ACCOMPLISHMENTS for not following YOUR protocol? There are many ways to the promise land BoiBoi. BB apparently found a path to his proverbial promise land.

Why lessen his triumph merely because you do not like mills? The dog looks in very good shape. Simple. Now apologize to the man for your diarrhea of the mouth.:cool:

3. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Banned

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

lol, see this is why i still come to this board, there are still great debates to be had. Ok well i think i was mis-understood a bit, i'm not knocking on mills at all, i'm knocking on the use of mills exclusevely, i believe a mill is a great tool, as is a flirtpole and weight pulling harness, but i believe all those tools should be used in conjunction with good ole fashion hand walking. I was told by an old timer a while back that handwalking will produce the same "looking" results as a mill will, however there will be a drastic difference in terms of actual strength derived from the 2 types of conditioning. A dog that is handwalked for most of the keep will have more strength to stand the distance than one who is run on a mill. IMO a mill should be used as a warm up tool after the dog is emptied out, but to each his own, this is just my preference

5. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Banned

By the way, all the dogs shown in this thread are fine looking animals!

6. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Banned

Well IMO that old timer doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground then.

You knock on this person, but have no idea what they do with their conditioning process. Now back tracking to cover up the stink you started.

7. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

SHIZNIT!!!! this is gettin interesting. let's see who gets banned today :rolleyes:

*edit* oh yeah, since no one seems to remember, we have this nifty little function that enables us to talk to each other privately when we have unpleasantries to share with each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2008
  8. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

9. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

You guys / gals are a trip - this stuff is priceless.... wow - why do you all ream each other so much???? False ego? false pride? Rudeness? Envy?? what is it?

1 person likes this.
  10. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

lol who's backtracking, i never knocked on mills, i knocked on the exclusive use of mills for conditioning

11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

lol, nah its called boredom

12. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Agreed!
    I think it was Colby that told me "no more than 10 minutes", that's all you need.

Boi boi, I believe BB has learned this as well, through his own trial and error.
    Which in his case is winning the cup and not, lol.

13. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

there u go people, this is coming from someone who knows BB and talks to him directly, it pleases me to hear that he has diverted from his old ways of using the mills hardcore, oh and just to let everyone know i never had any beef with BB, sh*t me and him were cool, but i'm the type that will speak his mind either on the computer or in person, and there's people here that can vouche for that
    YIS
    B

14. Re: Boogiemanblood Says "Hi"

lol...age.

BB, great job with those dogs! Keep doing what you are doing man! As long as the man and his dogs are enjoying themselves, no one should be talking down on them. Less talk, more show.

15. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

AGAIN, what I said had nothing to do with "the man", it never was directed towards him. My comment didn't say "he is taking the easy way out nor did I mention he is lazy. That's my point :cool:

16. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

I understand, It's a slow day here at work for me....ya'all be nice...

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

hey do we still have the reputation system, cause i know i must have gotten some bad ones from all this LOLOLOL

18. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Wow, this thread took a turn. Huh, i will start by i lost close to 40lbs primarily hand walking my bitch. Plus i stayed away from the tastycakes:(.

I guess in the end everyone has their own opinions & preferences when conditioning a dog. My preference is a regimen that consists of a lot of walking. The main reason i like & prefer a keep that is heavy on walking is because of the bonding with dog, and also it hard to hurt a dog while hand walking. The biggest downfall is that is gets really time consuming. I am aware that because of age and other physical conditions that not all can condition a dog this way. I have never used a mill. Heck, if i ever did get one...the one a like cost a pretty penny. I rather get out there and sweat with the dog. I try to mix in some other activities on workout days. Activities that she enjoys, this allows me to really get her to open up. I personally enjoy conditioning a dog. I just do not do it for the shows or weight pulls. I believe it should be a vital part of these dogs lives. They love to work. And it really does wonders with helping behavior problems. After we are done, she way too tired to even think about acting a fool.:)

And Boi Boi is right, i could not believe how good JayStreets Spike looks from just hand walking. In the end, you get out, what you put in.

19. Re: Boogiemanblood Says "Hi"

I cannot believe what I am reading in here. Are you people that jealous and hate others so bad you have to sit around and talk about people the way you do. You as well as I, have no idea how this man works his dogs, you say in the past? Well the past is the past. You guys have a lot of nerve trashing somebody that you do not know and not having the audacity to show pictures of your own dogs anywhere, or their accomplishments. It must be a sad day in the life of some of you. Judgment day comes for us all. Think about that the next time you wish to ridicule someone to build yourself up and make yourself better.

I cannot believe my eyes!

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND THE DOGS!

The rest of your jokers need help. :confused:

I guess this is the beginning of a new ban streak??

Yes I have read plenty from this board. I see what goes on here. Sad!
    I am not even sure if I want to be a part of this community. I come here to learn, and find that all I need to know is that running a dog with your own 2 feet is the only way to get your dog in shape and if you do it any other way, you are a lazy bastard. Do not show your dog. What am I supposed to do with my dog? Tie him on a chain in the backyard and never work him in any way? NO it seems as though a flirt pole is bad too. What is wrong with you people?

20. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

oldtime, where are u even coming up with this, i've said it before and i'll say it again nobody is knocking mills, damn why do u look right past that, i've said it a few times already. And where do u see anyone bashing flirtpoles? Really now if any of us were jealous wouldn't we be bashing his dogs? As far as i've seen nobody has said a bad thing about his dogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.