1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bones & Raw Problems

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Herodog1, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Bones & Raw Problems

Hi guy's,
    Just wanted to ask a quick question to those who have experience with bones and raw diet.
    I feed my dog on eukanuba but also give him the occasional bit of raw meat and bones. I gave him a knuckle bone fresh from our butchers yesterday which he enjoyed for the best part of two and a half hours. Then today when I took him for his morning walk he had a poo and it was white and nearly all bits of bone, he then went again and it was just water, he was then sick a little. This has never happened before. He hadn't swallowed any large chunks as when I took the bone off him only one of the knuckles was knawed down. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
    Thanks in advance for your replies...

2. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

Re: Bones & Raw Problems

what is a knuckle bone? sry im from holland

white poo tells it was more bone then meat(to much). be careful it can cause constipation. and at the least far from healthy. when feeding raw it should be no more then 15 % bone.

hen you want to feed raw you register on some raw feeding board or whatever first, instead of just messing around.

3. phill

phill Top Dog

i get the same thing along with the craps ,, the only time everything works good is when their on chicken with the bones some liver and kidney with greens, oils ,wheat bread . eggs with the shells and the dog bloom supplement..

4. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

Your Dogs system is not used to a load up of raw ,raw can carry bacteria he has not been exposed to ,if he started out in the wild and was exposed his system would be used to it and built up anti bodies ..You should boil or micro wave for one full minute all raw ..so yeah then it's cooked but safe ...sounds like he's just cleaning out, should be fine though

5. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Thanks for your reples, I really appreciate it.
    rroscoe you are right, he is fine today.

Thanks again

6. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

Nonononon!! PLEASE do not microwave your bones!!! Microwaving cooks bones from the inside out and causes splintering inside.

P.S white shit is fine. That shows he absorbed most of the moisture in the food.

7. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Have you ever used one? Microwaves do not cook from the inside out.

8. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

so much stupid advises in a few replies, my mind cant handle it

9. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

do not cook bones for your dog EVER. very simple.

10. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

I gotta agree don't be cooking bones .I have been feeding dogs raw bone since being a kid and my dogs always have reduced craps and are generally tend to be whiteish and hard and small.never ever had any problems.Same with raw chicken and bones never had any issues .

11. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

the entire idea of raw feeding is that the food be fed raw...the microwave ends the idea of raw...as far as microbial this and that a dog can eat the ass out of a dead skunk with no ill effects....feeding raw is just that raw...the white shit means he is absorbing/assimilating what you are feeding him...that is a good thing...the watery/runny is more than likely one or two things....he has been fed too much or the meal is out of balance with the eukanuba and the raw additions...i would not cook the bones for whatever reason....make whatever switch gradually and give him time to adjust....then all should be well...US1

12. CCDINO

CCDINO Pup

The white poop is just calcium. Too much in hIs system that's it. My hounds shit all white as well. It's ok, I was thinking they had a problem when I first switched to raw. But if you google it. You'll read it's ok.

13. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

If your dogs poo looks white all the time, you're doing it wrong.

14. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

You ever eaten microwaved food that had a molten core?

15. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

No I dont eat food thats been nuked. If its core is molten most likely the outer edges will be burnt crisp. Microwaves use the moisture content to cook. Yes a bone will probably have more moisture in the marrow. Electricity is what cooks from the inside out. Bones shouldnt be cooked regardless. Your third link states that. If your going to feed cooked bones give them to the critters in your second link.

17. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Again,

Thanks for all the advice, it has been really helpful....

Daz