1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bolio the "ace"

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by caponedog, Mar 2, 2010.

1. caponedog

caponedog Pup

Bolio the "ace"

I have always read that bolio was considered an "ace". Why was he matched only once and what dogs were available at his weight that were being campaigned around his time that he could have went into? Would any of these dogs have given him a run for his money? Just curious.

2. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Re: Bolio the "ace"

nice ? I kinda wanted to know this also

3. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

he was an ace because he was that good lol.
    all the confusion with that word "ace" its just a label not a title!
    the only time its a title is in weightpull and thats the only time you can find the definition for it on the computer.

4. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

I would really like those that "know" to chime in on this topic.

5. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

he beat a very good dog at a big convention and was voted best in show for it, over some great dogs including grand champions, he was bought after this for a stud dog as he was so highly rated and had proved his quality in his only match, later he was stolen and used to cover all the bitches on patricks yard and it is a good job he did going off how he produced.

6. redpet

redpet Pup

Again, unless you crawled out from under a rock, Patrick paid for Bolio with a nice gun collection for Sonny. However, Sonny got smartassed and screwed Lewis out of a dog or something, so Lews partner stole the dog when the dog was on Sonnys yard for some breedings.. Pat had to pay to get his dog back from Lew. See the stud ad in the 73 SDJ for Patrick Kennels for Bolio. The dog was bred by Eddie Klaus and Maurice Carver. There is one guy that went crazy putting stuff all over the internet acting as if he was Pat proclaiming Pat stole Bolio. At the time Pat didnt even know how to turn on the computer.Time passes and the real culprits are discovered. I dont want to go there on this board. Pat never stole any dog from anybody ever.Pat did breed to the dog as much as he could as the dog was old and in poor shape when he got him back. The Red Baby and Faith-Bolio breedings had been made several years before this all took place.Bolio eventually died of old age and cancer. He was still siring pups until his death. Preserving his genetics was extremely important as anyone could see that they broke the mold when this great dog was born.He went unrecognized until Patrick saw him and saw what a great dog he was. At that time the big deal was Eli dogs and thier abilities and dogs like Bolio were not considered as good.

7. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I wouldn't say he beat a very good dog as the dog quit prior to losing to Bolio, but he was bought and was studded out.. He never got taken back out.. Far as his producing ability he did good.. I think best of the blood was win Tombstone was added

8. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I always wondered why Floyd who seen him up close n shaped him never added to his program but instead added Red Devil dogs

9. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Bolio won at the convention that Barney and Boomer won at.Bolio produced very good dogs.

10. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Then the answer is no he wasn't an ace or they never really got to find out if he was an ace or not and ace is a dog that you are pretty damn sure could whip anything that would be willing to match into you

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Ace is an opinion and some thought he was the best dog at his weight period but he never got the chance to prove it. What he did prove was that he was one hell of a producing and a producer of producers. Bolio's impact is right up there with redboy and eli if you ask me when u consider dogs like Buck and Mayday who are both gr ch's at the top part of the rom list

12. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

90% of the so called Bolio dogs out there today are red nose tombstone and ore red baby trowbacks!!!(not a bad thing). real bolio dogs have a sandy color coat and a black nose. and are in contrairy to the defendsife dogs who are refeard to bolio dogs today , Ofendsife head dogs!!!..
    last one i seen was a dog called STB Rooster many many years ago he was a genuin Bolio trowback dog..The best one i saw was a dog called Sep. he was out of Bross Handsome a son of bolio.. i can tell you one thing if bolio was beter then him he would have been a ace typ dog for sure!!
    about the term ace its used to many times and to often. i do belive we had 2 that came close and we bred them together........

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That's like saying all Eli dogs are black. Color genes come from both parents, not just the sire. You can not tell a dogs line based on color. Lot of Hackman dogs are heavy in the Bolio blood yet many are not the color sandy. You touched on this in another thread last year when I posted pedigrees of some heavy Bolio bred dogs that where various colors but your responce was something or another about red dogs with red noses ( which none of the peds posted were rednosed or red in color) the color gene topic has been beat to death. Color don't mean anything. If true Bolio dogs are sandy then why is this one black?

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=325793

A direct son of Bolio that isn't the color of a true Bolio dog, go figure. There are several more that are other colors as welllthat are direct offspring of Bolio.

14. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

The thing is that all dogs aren't 50/50 sire and dam. That I do agree with which is why people tend to take pups that look or have mannerisms of the parent or gr parent they like the most. I however don't believe that just bc a dog is a different color that he automatically is a low percentage of a dog. Not saying I don't believe in throwbacks because I do and its a good way to pick pups BUT I think people put to much into it sometimes.

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Point is, people could fill this thread up with pedigrees heavy in Bolio blood that arnt that color. There's more factors to it than the sire. If it where a true statement then every dog directly off Bolio would be his color with his style. That's just not true.

Now I can admit I do the same thing though, if I go pick up a pup from a litter I will almost always pick the pup most resembling in phenotype to the dog I'm basing the pedigree on.
    I.E: if i go pick something up heavy on Andy capp I'm looking for a pup that's tan with white markings that resemble those of capp but that don't mean the buckskin one in the same litter is any less of a representative of a Capp bred dog. One just is closer in phenotype.

17. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

OK have een saying this for years and years. insted of reading a ""pedegrees"" people should learn how to read DOGS!!!!!!!!!!..
    Now take a look at this pedegree and this dog http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=395607
    he is predominand bred on STB Dylan 11 times.
    Below a picture of STB Dylan one of the beter producing dogs during the 80,s and 90,s in the previus century.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    clearly the dog above called Blade isend a trowback to his pedegree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

altho he was bred to be a STB Dylan bred animal.
    lets look a bit deeper.

in this dogs pedegree there is a bitch called ""Baby o"" out of Bobby x Dirty Mary , now you may ore may not know that some of these dogs had a strange trowback from Dirty mary, witch was beside the same red coloration and white marks ,they also came with 2 diferend colord eyes!!!!!. one was Blue!!.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=72
    her is a picture of blade who is a dylan bred dog [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The necst pedegree link is a male out of Bobby x Dirty mary
    Clyde the undertaker
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=140

Now unless your stupit and ore color blind its obviusly that the dog called Blade is a Dirty mary Trowback tru Babby o.
    The frame coat color, eye coloration and everyting els is the same.
    Im sorry but Blade is NOT a dylan dog .
    If Type and coloration ecetera is not importend ""THEN"" why in the hell are we line and inbreeding on ecseptional individuals.

I learned from craking old time breeders of the past that its being done
    ""to get as close as the gene pool posible as you can get""""
    On the dog your line ore inbreeding on.

Selecting on the confermation coloration type stijl everyting you can get from te origenal dog your in ore line breeding on is the ""soul rezen"" these breeding tegnicks are being used....
    If you do not practis tese selection tecniks but breed on pedegree and performance only then your breeding on gameness!!. witc isend a bad thing, BUT your NOT breeding on a particulair line of a outstanding dog... and that my frind is a FACT

when you show me a picture and pedegree of a black bolio BRED dog that thussend mean he IS one!!!!.
    he might be a black widow trowback. witch isend a bad thing as the do called Blade can be one HEEL of a good do, yet breeding whize he should be used DIFERENDLY as he is not the dog his pedegree shows....

wat is wrong with you people.
    Is it that hard to understand that when you get diferend types and coloration in your litter when your in ore line breeding ,that the genes that pup up in the ofspring cant have gene pools from dogs prior to the dog you inbred ore line bred on!!!.
    Goddamm I know my spelling sucks but some people must have gone to school and learnd how to understand stuf and ore where teatchst how to read a ped and how to read a dog..

Here is a pederee and picture of Indian Bolio http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=43 here is a pedegree and picture of Tombstone http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=11

now go look for the Tomstone x red bady dog like Tonka Cremator CH Snubby.
    blood that hase been used and crosed with the Bolio blood . I can Tell you one thing 99% of the bolio dogs today have more Tombstone genes in them then they have bolio. this gose for looks as wel...

18. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Im sorry i flipt out sugar level is to high. but i made my point..........

19. Torresbeag

Torresbeag Big Dog

Hey Limey,

Are you still going write that book, would be well worth a read.

Out of interest who would you breed blade back to? Would you not breed back to the same blood to get his offspring looking like Dylan?

Voon

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I agree with you limey as I stated before BUT phenotype isn't 100% accurate, no technIque is. Remember this is a mesaage board for opinions and conversation so try not to take it personally. When inbreeding I am more focused on recreating traits and abilty moreso than recreating an actual dog do while I take the look of dog in consideration I'm gonna use the dogs that have the traits I want. Everyone uses different breeding techniques, that's what makes the game what it is.