1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bob Lowery update (news clip)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MinorThreat, Dec 6, 2007.

1. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Bob Lowery does not fight dogs and thats fact, he's a breeder and does conformation shows... but an idiot for getting involved in drugs which is why the original visit was made to his home. Those dogs are all clean

http://www.c3ktogo.com/news-video/?mgid=4927

2. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

More witch hunting, I wish that shit would stop. Looks to me that he can back up his claims about showing the dogs but for some reason thats not good enough for the HSUS ? How much more proof do they need, he has trophies, ribbons and photo's of his dogs at the shows. That to me makes me sick, I am so tired of people branding anyone who has a yard full of APBT's as dogfighters.

They need to send the dogs home to his family. Thats where they belonged in the first place.

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

MT, I am scared to look at this after the last one you posted!!!LOL[​IMG]

4. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

I like the interview they had with Mr Lowery. He presented himself very well. I hope the best for these dogs. I guess he'll have to face the drug charges head on if they're legit, but the dog fighting charges seem non founded so far. And again, glad he was so open and honest and well spoken about the situation.

5. BAU

BAU Pup

That's an old clip (August of 2006). Lowery made a plea agreement and forfeited most of his dogs. Most of those dogs on the video are probably (regretably) gone.

6. For the sake of the thread, here are additioinal details, follow up, and ending to that story:

Follow Up
    Wow, six years for selling Marijuana? Bob Marley and I say hell no! "Let's get together and feel all right!" :cool:

7. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

I think I feel worse for the dogs who were kept in CAGES, never exercised (probably not to even potty) and ISOLATED for what, almost 2 years??

It happens too often, and hundreds are being tortured like this every day, being held as mere evidence on a shelf -- NOT as living things.

Remember what these dogs went through and what many are going through this day and clean up your act and don't risk your dogs.

Dreamer

8. Yes, those poor dogs kept in cages by those damn humaniacs! Humaniacs whose main goal is to force their morality on everyone else. They care not these dogs. They want them all dead. They fight in court to be able to kill them and eliminate the breed.

Lowery's dogs were forcefully taken from the property. Bob was stripped from his family of dogs for $9 thousand dollars. He received that much for the inhumane society to kill decades of his work. Nowadays, an owner needs to be a saint to own a game bred dog. He who is free of sin throw the first stone.

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

This story backs up my new goal and therory. I dont party drink hang out or have people kids or anything where the dogs are. I might be loud or have drama or have to talk to people and when they see the dogs guess what. It all changes and questions start getting asked to neighbors. Thank god I have always had cool neighbors but what happens when I dont like now and my neighbor is a shrewed non partying type...thats when AC and Cops get called when some dogs hit the ends of their chains...ask 14rock one day long ago I was showing him a couple dogs and a couple males and females got a little loud and started hittin the end of their chains and within 15mins there was a cop at my front door with all of us sitting inside like WTF why you here...I handled it and they left but the past few years has made me decide to have a yard with dogs and in a secluded area and live close by where you have cats...public no longer invited to see what you own since that is where most problems incur is from other people that you barely or dont even know...time to cut off the world and become hermits and not mingling the dog life with our home life...sad but true

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Staying away from any illegal substances and all those who have anything to do with them would be a good start. Seems to be that the drugs is a common theme to the dogs ending up like this these days.

Is it worth it? I grieve for these dogs that are going slowly insane every day and would gladly give up anything that smacks of that kind of lifestyle.

Dreamer

11. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i thimk it goes into a broader spectrum of discussion concerning the whole drug thing. when the majority of americans consider herb to be a non-lethal and relatively safe substance, how can you say that it goes hand in hand with people who put their dogs in jeopardy? that's just ignorance talking. and, not to say anything about bob lowery, but you don't have the feds involved and only get six years. dude rolled on someone for some leniency. but, that's the way the dice roll. i think that most people faced with the thought of spending fifteen to twenty years in jail for pot would give some hard thought to their situation. do i think it is right ot roll on someone, f*ck no. there's some things you just don't do. don''t turn your back on the people who have helped you. this is something that we should all quietly contemplate.

12. simms

simms CH Dog

Dope and dogs dont mix. I dont feel sorry for Lowery, the dogs should be a non issue. As far as dogs in town .....your right! Close the circle folks!

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Dude it cant just be the pot...15 -20 years these days for pot....really? Damn it has to be something else too like conspiracy or the whole dog thing or something for that much time. I never hear about time like that for pot these days unless it was like a super mass quanity or you had like lots of priors. See people with no record like me dont worry about that crap. I could get in trouble once doing whatever and get a wrist smack but someone with a record doing the same thing could get 5-10...the law system sucks...Thats why I aint doing nada or having even beer or anything around where my dogs are or are going to be this spring....because this crap is getting dumb.

14. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

yeah dope and dogs dont mix...like in "Up in Smoke" when the dog ate the bud an they still smoked it....that would suck. So yeah I agree they dont mix because who wants to do that.

15. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i believe the exact quote was " a large scale marijauna importation ring". any time you violate federal drug trafficking laws you are not likely to get a light sentence. unless you roll. which it would seem obvious to me that he did. do i think dogs and dope mix well? not if you run a damn importation ring. but if say you are a casual smoker i don't see the harm in it. when you cross the line into dealing drugs AND you have dogs, that's where the damage is done. it only perpetuates the already bad image of all APBT owners as drug dealing low lifes. so i think in the name of preserving a positive image with the general public about our breed, one should take into consideration how every aspect of his life will reflect upon his dogs and the breed as a whole. and you're right mister, this shit is getting ridiculous. my buddy went to jail last year in Boise based on the testimony of a convicted felon. the land of the enslaved and the home of the crooked.

16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Thanks Rocky for all the update news. And I too agree that large scale drugs and dogs DO NOT MIX. All the good stock down the drain is a real shame, after all the torture they had endured as well.

17. I agree with "drugs and dogs do not mix". Yet, I feel law enforcement uses the "drug" card as an excuse to violate privacy. You want an example? The M. Vick drama started with a search warrant for drugs. I did not see any indication that drugs were found anywhere within the property. I wonder how much convincing easy it took to get a judge to circumvent Vick's right to privacy. A few of my buddies from the Southern States have law enforcement come to their property on a regular basis on "suspicion of drug possession" and similar BS. They never find anything but sure do look over the dogs on every "visit". Although my friends KNOW they will never find drugs, it is still no way to live. The mental strain of worrying if a dog poops right before "they" arrive or if a dog tips its water bowl is no way to live. All dog owners should be expected to be good to their animals. Yet, APBT owners are expected to be superb in every way.:rolleyes:

Are you guys implying that chain life makes a dog crazy and is torture? :cool: