1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Re: "bluff?"

But they arent "Pits" in any sense of the word. LOL

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

have left out the Kennel name,,,and the names of the sire and dam,,

Weighs 134 lbs., (but has been as big as 138 lbs.)
    31" neck
    29" head
    48" shoulders
    23" @ shoulder
    Sire:
    Dam: over 90lb. Female
    Hips certified

Can pull over 4,000 lbs.
    Swings from tire or heavy bag.
    Loves kids and people, not aggressive towards people or other animals, but a very good guard dog.
    <LI>Note: People have literally stopped their cars on busy streets to get out and admire his massiveness.

3. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I love my dog. He is perfect in my eyes.
    He is big, but proportioned. Athletic, driven and very correct, Him being blue is incidental.

I have tried him at about every task under the sun, out side of testing him and boar hunting. He has thrived at them all. We were even looking into shutzhund for a while, just because it was one more thing to do, I changed my mind though... a dog this size being comfortable with biting people didnt seem right in my mind.

I keep my male in pretty good shape... he is not chisled to the bone, but I keep him with a nice little tuck in the waist and so that you can feel the ribs easily.

I can understand saying that dogs that are horribly overdone are an issue (the dog from dominion pits).. I agree! but just being blue, or just being big... I dont think in itself either of those traits is a bad thing. If the dog is worked and the proportions are right and the dog has drive.... Its fine by me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  4. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I'm not picking on Diesel I'm just trying to explain how I feel. ; )

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Oh, I know...
    Just wanted to put that out there...
    kinda of break up that blanket that we keep tossing over the blues.

6. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

I feel ya D
    Pet peeve of mine.
    Mainly because I thought blues were bad till my brother got me mine.

7. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

You have shown your dog in conformation Diesel??

8. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

No, he is in no way ready for a trip to the ring. He would spend the entire time trying to hit every dog in sight... it would be a nightmare, LOL.
    He isnt finished for the show ring by any stretch of the word.
    But I have a friend that is really close with some judges out in California and to see shat they thought of him I took some video footage of him standing, walking, runing, and playing and mailed it to them just to see what they thought.
    She warned that this was not as good as a hands on review but she was comfortable in giving me a "general impression" on the dog.
    He has a few minor flaws: toed out a bit, flews, mostly asthetic things... but she did say that they were impressed with his over all build and conformation.
    She was markely impressed to see him in action, and joked that he didnt know how big he was.

As a person who doesnt really get into the politics of hte show circuit that was as close to the ring as I plan on taking him, LOL. But that was good enough for me. I can see what she was talking about though.. he is a really good looking boy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :) I cant help it, i have hundreds of pictures on my computer of all my dogs, so i take everychance to post them that I can get, LOL.

9. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Dozer looks a little similiar in build to your dog Diesel. He is only 8 months old so he is not all that fit. But your dog looks a lot better than most bluffs. BTW I think blue is a pretty color on dogs : )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

thanks for the wang shot there lmao

11. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

LOL. As much as you try not to look at it, it's like the focal point of the picture! lol

12. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

It Does Kind Of Draw The Eyes, Dont It?

13. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

LOL are you guys saying he is big??? Hmmm nasty nasty boys.... It was a shot of his back legs. Since I'm the only one here willing to take pictures that's as good as it gets..... ROFL, I thought the spot on the floor drew more attention than his ... winky.

14. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

or the rash from where he had an allergic reaction to flea soap.

15. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Don't be callin' us nasty! We aren't the ones taking pictures of our dogs wee-wees! :)

16. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I'm not the one pointing out his winky ; )

17. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Okay...okay... so we are all sick-minded here. Oh well! lol

18. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

lol Not surprising coming from guys ha ha
    I wasn't taking pictures of his winky I was taking pictures of him pulling the rope. I liked that one because it was a close up of his rear legs not his winky.

19. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

You callin' me a guy? lol

Girls have have sick minds too!!!

He does have some big legs though!

20. Re: "bluff?"

*Most* blues are freakishly huge. But mine ain't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.