1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Re: "bluff?"

Its not the SAME DAMN DOG ANYMORE. .. hasnt been for years..

Its like buying a Audi and sticking a metro geo engine in it. One the outside it says AUDI but on the inside,,, get those hamsters cranking

Gameness is what makes the breed so wonderfull ... the never give up, never WILL give up attitude. The countless years and years of getting rid of bad temperment, the soundness of its physical attributes that get robbed when bred for size, color, looks.. And not all game dogs are fight crazy ..in fact, most good game dogs arent always looking to fight.. and have gone on not only to be show winners in conformation but obedience and schutzhund winners. Its the whole package that makes the apbt the apbt and by taking out one (gameness) you are infact robbing the breed of what makes it great..

Again..if you dont see why, stick with a breed that has been bred for what you want, not the other way around.. I for one want the real deal and not the audi with the metro engine...

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

No, never, I refuse to conform. I would rather be a happy loner than a miserable, accepted conformist.
    Hehehehe not me, nope nope nope.
    I am what I am and won't change myself for anyone. If you don't like it, stay off my property.
    Why should we accept that SOCIETY is correct? Because we are told to? LOL Never :)

3. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Since these dogs are being changed so dramatically, the "new and improved" (lol) dogs need a name change also.

4. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

What post are you reading... you quoted me and still got it wrong...
    at what point in my post did I say I dont like the fighting heritage? I beilive I said "respect and acknowlwedge". But I am indiffernt to it... I dont think its a good thing, or a bad thing. It is what it is. I dont have any interest in it. Its kind of like a reason for being. My dogs are overly animal aggressive because they have a fighting heritage, i expect it and plan for it... its a reason why i train twice as hard as the next man with another breed of dog. But its not my dogs is cooler then your because of its heritage... I think of it as a reason the dogs are how they are, nothing more. I dont take the fighting as the defining characteristic... just one of the many things in my dogs past that made him what he is.

And when did I say your dog was a threat to anyone.. I would assume that you know what you have and take care of the dog... lets remember though that there are a LOT of people out there that have this breed that dont need it, and the bottom line is if you have to have an APBT in their hands or a Bluff in there hands which will be better?
    side note: not every dog that is not bred for gameness is a big dog... or a blue dog... there are a lot of gameblood dogs that are never matched and by your standards that makes them staffs as well.

But what I am saying is based on the irresponsibility of society as a whole.. gamebred dogs are too much for the average person... in fact they are too much for the average advanced person. Gamebred APBT as in a class of thier own... and most people flunk out inthe ownership department.

The people that are bad for the breed are the people that dont understand it... anyone that thinks aggression is a good thing. I expect it, but do not encourage it, and I am quick to control it. Because its a natural occurence doesnt make it okay.

BSL isnt a result of staffs its a result of mutts. AND IDIOTS not knowing how to control, train, and socialize thier dogs.

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I can repsect that...

6. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

You still haven't came up with a good reason as to why this breed needs to change. This breed was perfectly fine until people found out they could make money off of them by breeding them for wrong reasons.

7. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I dont have to come up with a reason.
    Why do I need to justify the actions of the world? Bottom line is you stay true to what you love about the breed, you keep the breed true to its orignial roots, the world is oging to keep spinning and the breed is going to keep changing regardless. Right, wrong, or indifferent.

I am not the person that decided that there needed to ba change, I am not the person that started breeding APBTs for things other then gameness. But seeing the difference in my dog compared to staff bred dogs, and gambred dogs.. I couldnt be happier.
    My dog has more drive then a staff, but not as much as a gamedog. He has more energy then I could ever exaust, more then enough to master any task taht I lay before him. Why would I need more then that?

I am never going to ask him to prove his gameness.. so why do I care if he is or not?

8. drago

drago Pup

"I am never going to ask him to prove his gameness.. so why do I care if he is or not?"

Because that is the very thing that makes him an APBT.<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

9. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Diesel- I used to work at a Quarter Horse farm. When the owners wanted smaller horses they were no longer breeding Quarter Horses they were breeding Quarter Ponies. They knew and accepted that since they were breeding for a smaller size their stock would be called by a different name. Even though a lot of Quarter Horse breeders around here aren't fond of Ponies the breeders did not care and called their horses what they were Ponies. I'm not trying to be mean and I think if this goes any furthur this thread should be locked. But when something is bred out of something (even if it is pure) and it starts to have a different conformation, temperament and purpose then it is no longer the original breed no matter what the bloodlines....So why call it what it is not? You might like your Bluffs but they are no longer Pit Bulls. Or are you just using it for the name? My point is they should have a different registry for them. If they can register American Mastiffs because people were breeding Mastiffs bigger and bigger and wider and wider then they can register the larger Pits as a different breed. I don't care what they are registered as, but I don't think they should be registered as Pit Bulls.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2006
  10. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

ngp new generation pits

11. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

lol I'm all for American Blue Bluff Terriers. You know I was talking to a breeder online yesterday and I told him I had two Pit Bulls but one was a cur. And she flat out said ohh is it a bluff. I'm like ok.... How did that get around that fast?

12. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

American Bullies?

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Theres no need for a name change. All that is needed is for them to follow one of two names their breed was already designated. The first is an Amstaff, the Second is a bandogge!

We can sit and throw out names all day long, but the fact of the matter is....at the end of the day the people with these dogs will still say "Its a pit". They dont want big dogs, they dont want big headed bred for a specific color dogs, what they want is a big, big-headed specific color dog that they can tell all their homeboys is a "full-blooded pit". I wont waste my breath picking names because they already had the breed bred for exactly what they want and thats the Amstaff. They are doing the exact same thing the first Amstaff breeders did, only years later. "Amstaff" just doesnt have the same ring to it as "Pitbull".

14. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Who said anything about the name?
    I thought we were talking about breeding for gameness and what not... I dont think anyone was arguing what they are called.
    If you want to refer to them as bluffs, staffs, mutts or whatever thats fine by me.

15. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

maybe we should go with Game bull terrior. that would allow all the sporting dogs to have their section and the americanized (supersized) bull terrier. move away from Pit bull as a PR manuever.

PS diesel has admitted in most of his threads that he has adopted a more laid back version of the Pit bull into his breeding plan and that his dogs are slightly larger than what USED TO BE the average. so lets stop picking on him im sure he call his dogs anything yall want lol his dogs are however proportional from what i c.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2006
  16. Re: "bluff?"

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!

those 100 pound 12 foot wide head hippo's are NOT pit bulls... atleast in my opinion they are not...
    i'd love to see those fat overgrown mutts even attempt to be anything close to the game of a true pitbull terrier...

17. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Sorry, but when I look at these two dogs, I don't see the same breed.

[​IMG]

18. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Baha...you made me smile, the dog on the right is built exactly like my Lilly, even the same color...she gives me the same look.....LOL, she is a staff/pit cross, too funny! My husband says (in jest) with that barrel chest shes part grey hound!! Good post.

19. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

I don't know I like both, I happent to like dogs in between both or kinda unconditioned look that one on the right has but with muscle in the rear and front legs.
    The blue one don't look to hot.
    IMO!!!!!!!!!

20. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

No I run a with a bigger dog so I wouldn't mind NGP New Generation Pit.
    Sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.