1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: "bluff?"

I guess I'll stick my tounge to the pole on this one... haha. I love pits of any color. Why should the color of a dogs coat determine whether or not it is game? I know many blue pits that hunt hogs. I know many blue pits that pull with equal power, stamina, and tenacity of a fawn pit, (or any other color for that matter). I know many black, brown, white, purple, gray, pink pits that will lounge on a couch just like a blue one. (that was meant for laughs). I'm just trying to say that there's game and theres non-game of color. Its true that pit bulls got thier gameness from the terriers. And those huge pits were mixed with some type of mastiff back in the day, and mastiffs back then were game as well. *Sigh* When will the bickering stop? I'd say that all of you are game because you bicker non-stop. My blue pit is just as much pit as any fawn one.

2. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Re: "bluff?"

The real deal, if you have a manbiter, you should cull it. PERIOD. Regardless, if it was trained to be this way or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2006
  3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Yeah right. He breeds the damn thing.

LOL. Oops. I forgot--you can't argue ignorance & $$$$. I'm out.....again.

4. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Ok, so here's the update, I now have to go to the plastic surgeon. It has torn muscle tissue and nerves in my lip and face. So telll me again that some blues aren't dangerous. I can tell you plain and simple fact is, that I have owned game dogs for many years and raised my kids around them. My kids have pulled tails, ears, have poked eyes, gone in and out of dog houses, taken treats from mouths, and jumped on backs. My game dogs would no sooner put a tooth on them than kiss a cat, lol. There is no way that without many many more years of breeding and culling (and we all know thats not going to happen) will the blue lines ever be as stable and reliable as a game dog.

You can talk on this thread until your are blue in the face, but those are facts and that will not change, people that have owned and raised game dogs will all agree. The gane dog is probably the most loyal and stable family dog there has ever been or ever will be

Jenn likes this.
  5. Re: "bluff?"

Any color of ANY breed can bite. Don't stereotype to the color like ignorant people do to the pit bull. My blue pit has NO human aggression. She's not aggressive whatsoever to humans, little kids take her food, eat her food with her and she never even so much as mumbled a growl.

6. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Damn GA, will they be able to repair the nerve damage in some way?

7. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Your holding back tell me how you really feel...
    point that finger... the fact remains that there is only one way to prove a dog as game, and if you are breeding dogs for their gameness... I think you see where I am going.

8. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Please take the time to re-read my post, no where did I ever say all blues, I said SOME! But I do stand on the fact that there is a much greater chance of aggression with blues. This is due to the fact, that alot (and again I did not say all) blues have had some mixing involved to produce the size and color consistently.

9. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Yes Tommy they will be able to get it back to about 97%, Thanks for asking :)

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Where you are going? You're trying to insenuate that I am a dog fighter & breed fighting dogs--but good try & you need to watch your accusations no matter how sly you put it. I'm NOT talking about dog fighting & have yet to mention it! So watch it yourself............

EDIT. I just deleted all I wrote b/c I'm not going to personally attack anyone. I HATE the fact that people are breeding strictly for size, color, & money. I HATE the fact that these people are not only destroying a breed, but ruining innocent dogs' lives, & becoming the main cause of BSL. So if the shoe fits............

And I will tell it like I see it. Why be blunt & run around the bush? Why condone those that are ruining MY life & my dogs' lives? Just forget it.....I know money speaks louder to many of you than we ever will...........

11. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I thought you were done with this thread Mia ;)......

12. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I make no insinuations... Like you I am just pointing out the facts.
    FACT- only the gamebred dogs are truely APBTS
    FACT- there is only one way to prove a a dog game.
    Now I am not oging to say that anyone here indulges in illegal activities... becuase you seem like good people.. but that means your breeding staffs.. just like me. and just like everyone else. because you cant test for that drive before you breed or test the offpsring of that breeding for that drive... they must not be "true" APBTs.

You are so sure you know "them" and what "they" think and do... but have never taken the time to get to know any of "them".
    and so you know "they" work with gamebred lines too... its not just big and color bred lines... all lines and all breeds have "them".

13. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

And lastly, you don't know who I know & who I don't know. I've was born & raised with these dogs & thanks to my job, see mostly the scum owners of it all (there are at LEAST 5-6 litters of blig/blocky blue "pits" a week that are brought in--mostly b/c they haven't been taken care of & the owner/breeder wants to know what's wrong b/c no on wants to pay him $1,500 for sick & dying pups). I traveled all around to shows & to meet kennel owners (before I had so many dogs) & I've met all kinds of people & owners. I spent more time traveling & more time on the phone asking questions & learning before I even got an APBT of my own. So don't tell me I don't know what I do & do not know. And b/c someone breeds their Gotti & RE dogs to a "Boudreaux" or "Zebo" dog means they deal with gamedogs?

And if you want to get technical, you have yet to offer an explanation to the undying question of: Why do you ride the name APBT with a different breed of dog? What does it do for you? What kind of feelings or respect do you get? Why is it okay to breed solely for color when you see what happened to the "white" dog phase--they are the predominate "pit bull" color in shelters & most have all kinds of sketchy issues thanks to their color breeding? Why is ok to make a quick buck from an animal that it is supposed to taken care of by you (not the other way around)?

All you do is either change the topic or ask questions in return. Maybe if you would take some time to explain yourself then we might be able to try & see why you do it. Or do you not like the person that the reasons would make him out to be?

And to rock, I am done. My passion & my voice can't compete with a $1,000+ price tag per pup these people make.

14. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

you see the scum of it all so that may damage your perception... Its like working in the complaint department of a store if all you ever see is the broken things and hear the angry customers you might think that is what it is... its what you dont see. and thats great that you got out and saw things.. but were you going to bully events and speaking to bully breeders specifically? were you taking the time to sit and talk to them and hear thier thought processes? or did you cruise by and say "ew, look at that dog?"
    seeing is not the same as knowing.
    LOL at the gottiline comment... you would be surprised how much they know about bloodlines. Here in nebraska we have one of the largest illegal dogfighting rings in the country... we have TV commercials in regard to is and public service announcements all the time asking for tips and wat not. its a big deal so I do know quite a bit about illegal matched and the underground thug version of it. I have had a chance to talk to a guy that was busted for a fighting ring, and he sat with me or over an hour explaining where he got his dogs and how he "trains" them... it took evey ounce of strength for me not to knock him out the way he talked about his dogs. they were property... he loved them for the money they stood for. if the dog couldnt fight he would electrocute it and kill it, then dump it in the dumpster. SOrry.. I am going off on a tangent.

Okay believe it or not.. I did not choose to name my dogs APBTs, its the name that is on thier pedigrees, the name that they are registered under and the name that they were born under... how is that me choosing. I can call them whatever I want.. bottom line that name on the paperwork and the registry recognized name wont change. Its not up to me.. or anyone else for that matter. I wish there was another name for them so that we could get awat from the stigma.. oh, well wish in one hand and spit in the other... see which gets full first.

Side note: I am no color breeder.. I have dogs that happen to be blue but were they any other color I wouls have them still. I have never gone out and purposely looked for a dog of any color... well I take that back my newest dog was picked because of his color.. I had it narrowed down to one of two pups one was blue one was black... and I LOVE black dogs. so I cant say never, but as far as the blue fad goes, I dont get it and its detrimental to a good many lines out there.
    I never understood breding for a color. I cant explain it becase I dont do it... it doesnt make sense to me. I am a person who looks at the total dog. if the build, the drive, the temperment, the pedigree, the health and everything else is all in line, then you can look at color... i guess. But thats not me. you cant ask me to explain something I dont understand myself.

15. Dawnely

Dawnely Pup

My name is Dawn and I am new to this website, can someone help me?

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

And that's all you had to say in the first place. :)

17. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

you say you have all blues and they wernt bred for color ha......lmfao okok if your dogs are gottie most if not every time breed for color and size two nons in my mind r.e's have produced some great hog dogs and people that breed hog dogs are usallly making ok sometimes beter than average dogs rember zebo was a man biter and he is the only dog to claim rom bull dog hall of fame and grand champ so in most peoples mind some how he is the best not true in mine even though i breed zebo/lonzo dogs i recently made a breeding here it is i threw in just a little re from a proven hog dog here it is and this breeding was just an a thought out try for good hog dogs you should of seen this male hit a hog what a powerful slam he did he is re/watchdog/ofrn 1xw hog dog and my lonzo/watchdog/ofrn these dogsi expect alot every breeeding here it is any ways http://www.pitters.net/apbt/pedigre...e&15sire1=Lonzo's+Muscle&16dam1=Lonzo's+Miget

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Be careful of fingerpointing when it seems you do not know enough yourself plus so far you've had one litter, sold ALL the puppies & have another litter already on the way in which I'm sure those too will be for sale? To breed to sell no matter how great the lineage is also puppy peddling..............

19. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Tsk tsk Mia ;) WWTGFD?????

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. Huh???

Aaahhh, nevermind. Peace out! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.