1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Blue eyes true APBT or not?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Tank1, Apr 26, 2010.

1. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

Close up.:)

Attached Files:

• Rein.jpg
      Rein.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
  2. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

my boy at 4 weeks here. he had blue eyes of course. he is 1 year old next saturday and his eyes are a typical brown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

I've mostly seen blue eyes in heavy Boyle's bred dogs down from Dirty Mary

Angel- a heavy Dirty Mary bred Boyle's bitch
    [​IMG]
    Clyde The Undertaker another Boyle's dog [​IMG]
    And Dirty Mary
    [​IMG]

I know someone with a yard of Boyle's bred dogs mostly all with white heads and a lot of blue eye's

4. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

I read once in a Great Dane website that the gene responsible for diluted colors like blue, seal. beize etc. basically anything but black and brown, is also responsible for blue eyes, do not know how accurate it is. My dog's eyes were blue almost till 4 months old. When the color is dark blue usually it turns to something else, when it is icy blue it can stay as it is.

5. ROSE

ROSE Banned

The snooty line of dogs produced the blue eyes as well.

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

we had one out of a bad billy breeding that had one black eye & one blue eye.

7. 918eva

918eva Pup

i had a chocolate pup that had the blue "crystal" eye. was supposed to be a full blood pitbull, but wasnt.that was back before i knew what a real pitbull was supposed to look like. she sure was a cutie though. i'll have to c if i can find a pic and post it later

8. ofrn_man

ofrn_man Pup

9. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

probably just from inbreeding and now its become dominant

10. big dan

big dan Big Dog

This blue eyed dogs as you are calling them are pure .i grew up on horse back and have seen many wiyh 1 and some with 2 blues eyes.i have always heard them called glass eyes in horses.there is 1 color of horse that is call carmello[i know that is the right spelling].if its true carmello it will always have two blue eyes and only throw buckskin or palamino or another carmello.so if you have one with blue eyes i would not worry to much.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

shit, lol what blood arent they?!?

12. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

That first one is scatterbred but hugo and Zorka blue eyes are tight bred dogs.

13. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

I'm not a fan of blue eyes, but many could learn something observing those peds.

14. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Colby dogs tend to have that blue eye or eyes pop up often. I've had colby bred dogs for almost 15 years now and have had several with one blue eye and a couple with 2 blue eyes. It comes from my main stud who's dam had blue eyes. Although when I've crossed the colby into my little john blood I've never had a blue eye thrown, only when the breeding is pure colby.

15. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

yep cuz blue eyes are always recessive. both sire and dam have to carry the recessive gene for a pup to come out with blue eyes. simple punnet square on genetics.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yea thats who i was referring too, "blue eyed jack" is scattered to high hell, but a good lookin dog none the less. id feed em lol

i wouoldnt mind havin hugo or zorka either! lol