1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by BostonBully, May 6, 2009.

1. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Well I have been a member for some time now and I have read and read and read, but I still have questions. I own and dog and don't plan on getting another anytime soon but if I ever was to get another one I would like to get a game bred dog. Which brings up the question which bloodline to get. Eli, sorrels, jeep, chinaman, colby etc etc etc. I don't know the attributes each bloodline is known for like wind, mouth, etc. So I guess the question is what made you guys choose the line you did and I guess any other info you would like to pass on?

2. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

mine came to me b/c i was lucky enough to know some good dogmen. this best way i can think for you to get the dog you are looking for: dog shows. talk to lots of people there. correct me if i'm wrong, but seems more likely you'd be looking more for dogs for a conformation type competition? if you aren't considering getting into what is needed to start a program, and are simply looking for a higher calibur dog, then i'd definitely say, go to dog shows and talk to people. the largest majority of my dogs have something boudreaux in them here or there. good luck in your quest for knowledge.

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

HellsBells posted the same thread. not for nothing you just had a thread where your dog grabbed up someone else's dog at the beach & now you want a dog that has "mouth"? you cant handle what you got now why try a performance type dog.

4. :D...laughing at what ben brockton and crimsonghost said.

5. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Thanks man. The post was mostly for knowledge but in the end if I did get another dog in the far future it would be for the reason you said. Thanks for the reply.

6. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

See now Ben if you took your head out your ass and read my OP then you would have seen where it said I am not getting another dog nor am I even looking. Yet again remove your head from your rectum and you also would have read that I obviously am just looking for info. I don't know any dogmen and their aren't many shows around me so GOD forbid I ask a question that His almighty Ben was obviously born knowing the answer too.

7. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Because if someone replied with Eli dogs are known for their wind and say chinaman dogs are known for their mouth seeing is how I don't have any need for a dog with mouth because I don't hunt. A dog with really good wind would be an attribute I would like. Look how easy that was and no laws were broken and no unneeded info was given out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

HA HA THANKS BUD.''His almighty Ben was obviously born knowing the answer '' Naw I was not born with this wisdom It took me years to get it I got to know dogmen and spent my time with guys that knew a hell of a lot more then me. I did not look for answers online like sum I got off my ass and found what I was looking for. bud you may not like what I say but I ain't telling you wrong with your attude(sp) no dogman will put up with you.Respec goes a long way with dogmen.<!-- / message -->

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

By the way they all have ''mouth,wind etc etc, thats all a part of bulldogs. and just becuase you get a bloodline dont mean it will have that trate.If you really loved them dogs get off the cpu go find people that been into dogs for a long time and make friends with them.even if you need to go to a new state but leave your attude(so) home or you will get run out of the yard.

10. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I didn't have an attitude until you replied to my thread. It really shouldn't surprise me at all because 99% of your post are rude and bring nothing to what the OP is usually trying to find out.

Oh and by the way I may not spell everything correct but before you post something you may want to call someone over to proof read your shit. I give an "attude" to people who deserve it and the same goes for the people I give "respec" too lmao.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Truth hurts bud. my spelling may be flawed but my common sense is not. 15 years into dogs & never had one grab someone dog off the street LOL. Next time it may be a kid , they say don't blame the dog blame the owner. don't that strike nerve . BAWHAHAHA p.s im done with this thread HB.

12. Boze

Boze Top Dog

he boston i no ben may have come off a little rude but you got to look at from his point of view i mean day afta day people are asking these questions about what bloodline has which and every time they get the same answer which iss get up and go to some shows and find the people with the kind of dog you want. I also feel where you are comin from i am from boston to but their are shows in nj comin up soon. man sometimes i wish i lived down south so i could go to a show every weekend. i am sure ben is just sick and tired of hearin the same shit ova and ova again, also it looks like he has put in a lot of work to get what he has so i would think that he just wants people to realize that it takes time to find the right dog, but who nknows make a friend and you might end up with a free dog. it sucks we live in the times that we do now where everyone is closing down their circles and it is hard for newbies to get let in, but that is the way it is.

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I like how you think Boze. you are heading in the right direction .

14. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

Respec goes a long way with dogmen.

You may want to take your own advice youngman.

15. AND THAT! is why i dont ask questions on this board! or if i do i make sure i go to someone who has knowlage but isn't guaranteed to be a prick about it! :p

16. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

That question really can't be answered over the internet. I believe it takes real experience with real dogs, and then you can form your own opinions about what lines are the best and why.

17. wow rough.... ill give you that is wasnt a well thought out question...... but i doo see some well thought out mature answers out there... just not in the first few posts;)

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

BAWHAHAHA come on people toughen up that skin. the problem is way to many look to the internet for answers they should get from people in the know. What better way to learn then becoming friends with people that keep what your looking for. there is no excuses for not getting off the couch & getting educated on the dogs you like. When you ask questions so green you cant be all upset when you get harsh response. Stop crying suck it up don't make excuses get out of the house & seek what your looking for. dogmen are everywhere find one & learn it will pay off.

19. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

You know what if this was the second post in this thread it would probably have ended their because although it isn't the answer I was ideally looking for it was honest, to the point and not rude in any way. Thanks GSD.

Boze I also see what you mean. Honestly though I work a rotating schedule alot of times I work opposite my wife and don't see her for a week. Not to mention I own my current dog, work on the house and yard on days off, and then try to fit in time to see friends and family so if getting out their and meeting dogmen isn't at the top of my priority list I'm sorry. I figure I could pick up some info here online from my home and not have to drive 8 hours to New Jersey. Will I do that some day yes but not in the near future. We may have to meet up and go to a show though. Thank you for the reply.

Blacklabel I know what you mean. Sometimes it just isn't worth it.

20. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Might not mean that they will inherit that trait but some bloodlines specialize in different in different aspects of gameness