1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

bloodlines and why?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by PIT_DOMINATION, Jul 11, 2006.

1. PIT_DOMINATION

PIT_DOMINATION Big Dog

I want to know the bloodlines you own and why?

2. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I have a Boudreaux red nose and I love her die trying personality. She has never gave up on me or any task I gave her. She will hang for hours, she will run for hours, she will fetch for hours, or she will sit and stare and quiver with excitement for hours untill I tell to get it. She is just a very intense dog. We had one litter out of her with another Boudreaux and all the pups were awesome too.

3. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

I have 5/8 norrod, 1/4 red boy, and 1/8 sorrells male. He is line bred off of Reid's Ch Gambler. He just turned 19 months on the 9th of this month and hes everything i could of wished for.

And as for the 2nd part of your question, i decided to get blood from as close to the source as possible and from a knowledgeable dog man. Thats how i ended up with a predominately norrod dog since iron mike is actually still around unlike some others.

4. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

I have a heavy bred Nigerino bitch with some Flores thrown in, and a new Nigerino male puppy.(doublegrandson to Budweiser POR)

Why Nigerino? Well I live in the city where he was born, whelped, and died. So this blood runs thick in my area. We also have one of the best breeders of this bloodline here not to mention Mr. Cates himself. I love my female and decided to stick with this blood. It is sort of an institution around here.

5. WWII

WWII Banned

*Supposedly* RE/Watchdog. Why? Because I was pretty ignorant about lines and thought a pit was a pit. He's a great dog though. Full of drive and love. I work him on everything.

And a McCoy/Hemphill/Wilder. I was introduced to a guy that has been around McCoy dogs for awhile now, and he seemed real honest about his dogs and gave me information on all of them. Plus, I'm partial to reds, and the OFRN. His dogs were pretty heavy in it, so I thought "Why not?. I met both the sire and dam and they had great temperaments to boot. So far, so good. I'll probably stick with these dogs if they keep acting like my pup is now. It can only get better.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

I admit I am a Mr. Boudreaux fan. I met him many years ago and I was so impressed with him. He became my hero of the breed. I didn't even raise APBT then. Black and Tans, Plott hounds and Beagles were my deal way back then. I love to hunt. Most of the people that molded my mind on dogs have passed on and there are many breeders now but not many that hold a candle to the likes of Floyd. And those before him. I didn't say none but just not many. If I meet a person and they are kind to me and not a shit stick then I tend to respect them. I have met a few others that I would just as soon shove a knife in the base of their skull than to talk to them again.

7. i have pure colby,thats just what i have always had since i started over 50 years ago.they have never let me down yet and i have always been pleased with them .no matter what task i set before them they always do their damndest to get it done and they usually succeed.now just recentley here i aquired some boudreaux stock and the one litter i had i am enjoying so i will go ahead and probably keep that around.

8. PIT_DOMINATION

PIT_DOMINATION Big Dog

9. runt

runt Big Dog

well we live in the same state,about 1hr. or less I talked with him a couple of times(seems to be a good person)and heard nothing but good things about his dogs.GOODLUCK

10. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

My dog is mostly Lar-San. I didn't pick the line so much as I was looking for individual breeders who bred the type of dogs I liked. It turned out that the name that popped up most consistently among the dogs I favored was Lar-San. I wanted a medium-size rednose dog with sound temperament, working ability, conformation. Basically a dog that could live in my home and be adaptable to new situations, and at the same time weight pull, do conformation, and compete in agility.

11. jada girl

jada girl Pup

Jada Girl Testing Something Sorry Giuys

12. Quitugua

Quitugua Pup

Well, as for myself just a beginner. I would have to say Boudreaux, Carver, &
    J.Crenshaw. After reading up on their histories. Their dogs are just great for line breeding, & in-breeding.