1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bloodline Question

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by d-phi931, Dec 23, 2007.

1. d-phi931

d-phi931 Pup

Ok how does this this bloodline thing go say i have a gator/widowmaker female bred with a colby/crenshaw what would the pups bloodline be? please no bashing i'm just trying to learn something here!

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Post a ped.

3. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Yes, post a pedigree and we can decipher this Question for you maybe!!![​IMG]

4. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

Yes pedigrees would be nice.

Do you mean Gator as in son of Tab? Or another Gator as there are a few of them out there.

There are many dogs called Widowmaker.

What is the bloodline of the Crenshaw dog(s)? I really use that as the bloodline nice he had a different line/dogs.

The pups would be the same bloodlines as their parents.

If female from bloodlines a/b are bred to a male that is a/c/d the pups are a/b/c/d or whatever.

5. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

The term bloodline is so overused.... sounds like your dog might be scatterbred?... nothing wrong with that.... All bloodline means is that all dogs in your dog's pedigree are related for several Generations past, Most of the time under one breeder, or several breeders with common stock that inter bred with each others Dogs from the same Foundation dogs.

eg Eli bred dogs, if i tell you i have an Eli bred dog all dogs in my dogs Pedigree go back to Eli and are bred down from him but kept in the same family of dogs thru the Gens. Eli was a tight bred Bilnd Billy Dog by the efforts of F.B. So it may look like My dog might be scatter bred in the frist 4 gens but if you look farther you would see that all dogs come from the same stock down from Eli.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  6. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Colby/Crenshaw.
    Breeder makes the bloodline, not the dog.
    A dog can not be bred to himself.
    When a dog is bred to a female then you have change the mixture.
    The owner of the female is the breeder of the litter.

When your name fills up the last three or four generations,
    then it is your bloodline no matter what dog's name appear in the pedigree.

Last three or four generations is all that counts.
    Anything which comes from the line of dogs that doesn't have the look or characteristics of the dogs in the last three or four generations is called a throw back.

7. pittdawgs

pittdawgs Banned

if that's the case i'll have my own bloodline soon after i get some breeding done on my dogs
    thanks for the advice

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

It's not that simple. You need to educate yourself some more on what IM meant. Breeding 2 dogs with the proper reproductive organs doesn't do anyone any good.

9. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

Maybe IM should better explain about what it takes to get a true bloodline. Not just your name on the pedigree. Culling and selectivly breeding dogs with the traits you desire. I could have my name on the pedigree for 4 gens and it could be scatterbred crap that produces low percentages. A lot of newbies don't understand it takes more then sticking 2 dogs together to produce consistent desires traits. If they check out Norrods like they will see a lot of inbreeding and linebreeding used to tighten up genes and set traits.

10. drtripiao

drtripiao Pup

guy, i learned a lot from this post. thank you everyone who helped.