1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bloodline percentage

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ducho13, Dec 16, 2004.

1. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

Help me out guys. How do you determine what percentage of a bloodline your dog has. I have seen percentages such as 25% Redboy & 75% Jeep. How do you go about calculating these percentages. Another question. When you say a dog has redboy on top and Jeep on the bottom, what exactly does this mean?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

The easiest way Duco13 is to register your dog with online pedigrees.com. Here the will automatically do this for you. www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/

3. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Top = Sire's bloodline Bottom = Dam's bloodline

4. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

Thanks guys. So you are saying the percentages are calculated by a computer?

5. The Watcher

yes and no,LOL- your comp. will do it or you could do it the old-fashion way. Jus use On LIne Peds much easier, I think it only like $30 a year and you may post as many peds as you like.

6. X

X Banned

This is what I have so far for our pedigree statistics page:

http://www.game-dog.com/?page=pedstats

Let me know if you can think of anything else that needs to be added :)

Disreguard the extra "From the:" drop down box, I'm still working on it ;x

7. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“How do you determine what percentage of a bloodline your dog has. I have seen percentages such as 25% Redboy & 75% Jeep.”
    It’s just simple math. Lol. That is just an easy way to inform people of a dogs breeding without actually having to go into detail on each individual in the pedigree. I give you a few examples of some ¾ - ¼ cross’ since that is what you used for an example; Frisco (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pedigrees/printPedigree.php?dog_id=29), he is basically ¾ Chinaman, ¼ Bolio. Anderson’s Rose (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pedigrees/printPedigree.php?dog_id=307), is basically ¾ Tonka, ¼ Boomerang.

“How do you go about calculating these percentages”
    Are you referring to the percentages of contribution each individual in a pedigree gives? If so you just have to take the time and do the math. If you only want a somewhat idea than Pedigrees Online will be ok (not all that accurate). <O:p</O:p

“When you say a dog has redboy on top and Jeep on the bottom, what exactly does this mean?”
    Top of the pedigree is the sire (dad), and the bottom of a pedigree is the dam (mom).

8. X

X Banned

That is true, but only because it goes back 4 generations. Check out the link below, it will be able to go back 8 generations, but only by user selection.

It will probably display the percentage in fraction form too, but I don't know for certain just yet.

9. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

Like Tex Said It's Basic Math. The Ped Stats On Computer Can Help, But I Think Its Better To Know How To Do It Manually-fyoi. That's They Way It Was Started And Enables You To Computate The Percentages Quickly Over Time Without Having To Go Back More Than Six Gen. If You Know Your Peds. Jmo

Let's Get It Started In Here,

O.d.

10. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

I think if i remember correctly its 50%-25%-12.5%-6.25%-3.33%?

11. X

X Banned

First: 50% (1\2)
    Second: 25% (1\4)
    Third: 12.5% (1\8)
    Forth: 6.25% (1\16)
    Fifth: 3.125% (1\32)
    Sixth: 1.5625% (1\64)

12. The Watcher

actually, 50/50 not true... THE EASIEST WAY FOR YOU TO DETERMINE YOUR DOGS BLOOD LINE PERCENTAGE IS TO GO TO WWW.GAME-DOG.COM!

13. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Hey shon I like the option "from the" which allows you to go back to 8 generations. Looks like it will be nice when it is up.

mtn

14. X

X Banned

Heh, thanks :)

15. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

Thanks for all your input guys. You cleared up the issue. You know here in Belize we have lots of pitbulls but people do not worry what bloodline they have. In fact most people here have no knowledge of the different bloodlines out there. I was also ignorant of these fact until I started researching about three years ago. What I am trying to do is share the little knowledge I have with pitbull owners here in my country. This site has helped me a lot in my quest for knowledge.

16. mutt

mutt Pup

i have a question ?so is utalways good to mate ya dog back to his grandparent evry litter to keep blood line at a certain level

17. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

18. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

not always what you what to do is study the proven crosses that are out there working and try to imitate that to the best you can. and if you did your homework then only time will tell.

19. hawk

hawk Big Dog

When you are trying to find out what each individual dog contributes you need something more that just a calculator. If you go on California Jacks site, for some reason I can't hyperlink it, he has the Wright's Inbreeding Coefficient. If you look at anyone of his dogs just click on WIC.
    www.ponchodogs.org www.ponchodogs.org/wic.html