1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Blackgold

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by 215pitts, Mar 31, 2008.

1. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

I've switched from Natural Nutro Max Large breed to Black Gold 26/18 for about 2 1/2 months now and have seen great results. But I've been curious if anyone has ever tried the Ultimate Adult 25/14 25% Protein-14% Fat (Corn Free-Wheat Free-Soy Free)?

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I personally hate that feed. It's quite popular down here, but the dogs I see on it look horrible (skin issues, gross ears, pot bellies, etc.)

But if you like, you like it.

3. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

WOW! Mia, I've just been on it for a while and it's great soo far. What's weird is how one thing could be good for someone else's dogs but may not be good for another's. I'm still looking for the opinions of the people that have used this 25/14 food. Anyone?

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have been feeding Black Gold black bag for about 2 years. I personally love it. Few stools, little odor, good body condition & nice, shiny coats.

5. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

I have feed both the Black Gold performance blend (blk bag) and the food in question I only have one complaint and that's the kibble size is to small for a bigger dog IMO.

6. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

We have fed Black Gold (Black Bag) for about 3 years. You can see our results clearly at www.blaizenkennels.com. We are very pleased with the quality and results we see. No skin issues, gross ears or pot bellies here. To each their own, I guess.

7. CooljoeGoodie

CooljoeGoodie Big Dog

To me black gold is a good dog food,but it's gonna go up again,to over 23.per bag,still looking for a good deal.

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I fed black gold black bag for almost a year. The dogs looked fine, but they seemed to have allot of crap. I switched to another feed with less corn, and they crap half as much. Not downing it, just I dont want to drag a 55 gallon barrel with me to clean up every day. LOL
    Like I said, the dogs did not show any issues. Actually it was a while back, and the feed I switched to was Diamond performance, and they had a considerable energy increase, less defication, and was happy till all them recalls a year or two back, and right before it was recalled, two of my dogs almost bit the dust, and one did. I'll never feed diamond again after that. The feed I am using now is not the best in the world, but it is working well for me. It is 23 something a sack, 30/20, and the bag says two cups/60lb dog, and they are active, and some I have to give less(I have some 30 and 40lb dogs).

It is weird how different dogs do differently in different places. I have had different bloodlines on my yard, and have never had to give seperate feed to different bloodlines. I recon the truth is that it is in the eyes of the beholder. I know oldtimer used purina forever, and had good luck with it. Go figure.

9. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

We've been feeding Black Gold 26/18 for almost 2 years. LOVE IT! My dogs stay well conditioned, nice coats, little stool to clean up also. Its just some people over feed there dogs which would be the case of the pot belly. Skin issues? Mine have never had a problem, and other people around me that feed it don't have any problems with it.

And I agree, the small peices of food do tend to get stuck in one particular dogs throat I have, but thats just her, she tries to eat it all at once. Its a very good food, give about 6-8 weeks and then you will be able to notice a big diffrence.
    And what works for some owners/dogs may not work for others. I've tried many things that others do, and somethings work, some don't. You just have to try something untill you figure it out. I think I'm just about there!

This girl is on Black Gold....
    [​IMG]

10. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Your dogs are always looking good.

11. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Thanks! I try very hard to get them looking good, lots of time put into them.

12. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I used to feed Black Gold until the store I was getting it from stopped selling it.
    I use The Pride in the black bag 24/20 ENDURANCE PLUS. I also feed fresh veggies and fruits and chicken or raw beefy bone a few times a week. I want to slowing wean them onto a raw diet.

13. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Well, I just started this week on Black Golds new feed 25/14 so far and it too early to tell. I'll have to let you guys know by the end of next week to see what results I'm getting.