1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

bite work

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by hnelson, Dec 26, 2011.

1. hnelson

hnelson Big Dog

What do you all thinks best to work a dogs mouth pig ear leg bone ect???

2. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

Not sure if it works the jaw bone particularly better but i personally like antlers they take even the strongest dog a little time to go through. Also you ever tried one of the black kongs? those things last forever and i catch my dogs sitting there chilling chewing that things for hours

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

A Black Kong lasted about 30 minutes with my old bitch. Buffalo/beef bones last the longest here and they're good for the dogs/pups.

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

yea i would have to agree those kongs dont last long around here either those leg bones do last a while here as well

5. Oats n Honey

Oats n Honey Banned

honestly coming from experience it isnt needing unless you have a spring poll which also strenghens there neck. I have fed many dogs my entire carreer and i have came to a conclusion that the bite they have comes from there work. If you condition a dog good he will have a better bite than the dog that is less conditioned because there mouth will not get as tired fast. Trust me! Its not needed

6. hempjocsorrlby

hempjocsorrlby Big Dog

Getting technical Oak, right so the bite work comes from the dogs territory that it brings.

7. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

Yup it dose come from all the work you put into ur dog

8. Nina's Dad

Nina's Dad Big Dog

I was always told either a they're born with it or not; work may help but its not the end all so to speak. Can anyone offer another view?

9. hnelson

hnelson Big Dog

Thanks for all the input from everybody :)