1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Big dogs.

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NORTH, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no problem I apologize.

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Exactly what I was going to say, there 75 lbs. is huge enough and far and few in between, but 100-105 is not right. A simple 10 lb. increase in a breed is A LOT.

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Proved me wrong ;)

That still doesn't mean I want one, & you still have a better chance of finding a unicorn than a 100+ Ib gamedog bred for the right reasons.

Riptora likes this.
  4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

All apologies to Marty as well. Although I was refering to matches in other countries where it is legal for the most part. I'm really not interested in seeing the pics anyway workman. thx anyway. Pictures or video cant convince me. I dont think ANYTHING but a trip to Pakistan could convince me. Ignorant? Maybe, but I like to stick with what I know and what history has shown us all. YIS

5. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

If these other breeds were so good like many say they are why haven't they replaced apbts??? I swear if I had a nickle for every time I heard breed x is going to be the end of the pitbull... I remember first it was Akitas, then Bandogs, then Shar Peis, then Tosas, then Presas, now Corsos and Bully Kuttas?
    And if I hear another person throwing around the term "game" and applying it to any other breed except apbts I might lose it completely. Too many people use this term with out any idea of what true gameness is. True gameness in pitbulls, a breed of dog that has been developed over hundreds of years with the sole intention of reproducing gameness with any measurable consistency whatsoever remains elusively sporadic at best. But let me get this right....in these cross-bred mutts, gameness has miraculously appeared out of nowhere through the addition of non apbt blood and manages to reproduce itself with great consistency??? If you want to talk about gameness there is only 1 breed of dog in the whole world truely worthy of being mentioned, and it ain't Bully Kuttas or Cane Corsos.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2006
  6. ^^^^^Bully Kutta's have been bred as fighters for thousands of years and I have seen BK's fight until the last drop LITERALLY their last living drop of blood. To assume their is only one breed with the trait of gameness is ubsurd and shows your complete lack of knowledge. Also no dog is replacing the apbt. In pakistan BK is #1 in usa apbt. Just because other breeds are preferred in other places doesn't mean that one will be replaced. Listen I have seen proof for what I say and you sir have none for your claims. I will be happy to talk about the breeds I know about and share information. I don't even have a problem with sharing any vids I know of but I will not set here and remain in this discussion with people who are closed minded and are obviously not as educated as I on the subject yet making claims and presenting them as fact. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to prove you wrong.

7. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

Workman, you give yourself way too much credit. Your answer actually shows your true lack of knowledge and understanding of what real gameness is. What is your definition of gameness? Maybe you've confused grit and toughness, or fighting ability with gameness. And yes there is only one breed in the world with true gameness, the APBT. I'll say it again, the only dog breed in the world with true gameness is the APBT, nothing else even comes close. And even in the APBT it doesn't occur all that often. Bring me the best Bully Kutta in the world and I will make him quit. You can't do that with the best APBT, you might kill him, but you won't make him quit.

8. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

Workman, you're the same guy who was asking about big lines of APBTs to add to your "bandogs" for "boarhunting" are you not? http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12665 Hmmmmm......just kind of made me think. Anyone else thinking of what I'm thinking? Just a thought.

9. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

One more, missed this one first time around. http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13325&page=1&pp=10 Here you're asking for "a game apbt 85-100#'s" and don't want a weight puller. Did you have any luck in your search??? I'm surprised you didn't consider a "game" Bully Kutta for breeding to your "bandog" for "boarhunting".

10. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

Ok I know where both of you are coming from toddrock and workman. Is it possible for other breeds around the world to have some degree of gameness? I feel it is true but is it to the degree of the APBT I dont think so but you never know workman could prove us wrong. Like workman said in the United States the game bred APBT is number #1 while in Pakinstan the Bully kuta is #1. I dont feel the Bully kuta could ever replace or compete with the APBT because of the big weight difference and because in USA are very strict with weights being equal unlike other countries where the weights can vary alot. Even if workman is right about the BK being game to some degree I dont think anyone in the USA would import any because there would be no competition and also nowdays in USA trying to be inconspicuous is the way to go with smaller dogs instead of a huge BK that would be almost as big as a small horse lol which would probably draw alot of attention to oneself.

11. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

It seems the title of this thread was misunderstood. It was about big gamebred APBTS. Not evry othe breed of dog in the world.[​IMG]

12. Suki

Suki Guest

lol!!!!:D
    good one!!!!

13. Reason why I didn't consider a BK is because for catch work which is hunting specifically for hogs in this situation is a BK would not be as efficient. I myself would never use a dog over 110#'s but I have also seen 125# AB's do well. The reason why I needed a large apbt was because when you breed a mastiff and a apbt for a bandog you will usually get a weight that would average out to the difference in the two. So in that case that would leave me at the 90-110# range which I prefer.

15. I think only farz like mine spike near me....uuuuhh....:(

16. Finally I agree with something you have written. Correct their is a bulldog fancy in all of those countries, however I said predominant breed. In Japan the predominant breed is the tosa although the apbt is previlent. In turkey the breed is the Kangal and other CAO's and Pakistan it is the BK. Are people going to always take a liking to the apbt? Yes it is probably the most versatile breed on earth. Are dogmen in Pakistan going to replace their fighting breeds with them, absolutely not. They have very game apbt's in pakistan and they also have and prefer another very game breed called the BK who just happens to weigh on average 90-100#'s more than the apbt. These Paki's like Americans are very serious dogmen and I have seen very game apbt's in fights over their and I'm not talking hard game but the most game of all dead game. And that is within a matter of minutes.

17. IF THE FIGHT IS OVER IN A "MATTER OF MINUTES"....HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CLAIM THE BK TO BE A "VERY GAME" BREED??? I'VE SEEN, WITH MY OWN EYES, TWO BK MATCHES. ITS INTERESTING AND FLASHY, BUT NO WHERE NEAR AS IMPRESSIVE AS AN APBT SCRATCHING AT 1:45. HERE IN JAPAN, I'VE HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE MANY TOSAS IN ACTION, AND TWO BK MATCHES IN MY DAY. HANDS DOWN....I WOULD PAY TO SEE THE APBT OVER ANY BK, TOSA, KANGAL, OR ANYTHING ELSE. THAT'S NOT BREED-PRIDE...THAT'S JUST REALITY. GAME IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN VIOLENCE, AGGRESSIVENESS, OR DRIVE AND ABILITY TO FIGHT.....AS IM SURE YOU KNOW. GAME IS THE FORTE' OF ONE BREED...THE APBT. JMHO.

18. japangame

japangame Big Dog

Good luck with your search. I hope you find what your looking for.

19. I'm saying the apbt in question was very game. The fight lasted just over 10 minutes and the apbt never stopped until the final moment which was in this case it's death. BK's fight for over an hour regularly in the sweltering heat. Not to mention these dogs weigh between 125-200#'s. Also in all the video I have seen I have never seen cur behaviour out of one not once.

Iverson so have you seen a full length BK fight or tournament? If so you would agree that they are game. Also where and who gave you these vids? As their are only a few sources where they could have come from and I know all of them.

20. AS FAR AS THE TOSA FIGHTS I WAS SPEAKING OF...IM NOT TALKING ABOUT VIDEOS....RATHER, REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. THE BK MATCHES I SAW WERE ALSO FIRST HAND WHEN I WAS OVER IN THE SANDBOX FOR JUST OVER 8 MONTHS. LIKE I SAID...FLASHY, VIOLENT.....BUT AS FAR AS GAMENESS GOES...I HAVEN'T SEEN IT. THEY ARE IN IT TO WIN IT....BUT LONGEVITY AND GAMENESS JUST WEREN'T THERE IN THE BK'S, AND NOT IN THE TOSAS I'VE WITNESSED EITHER. GOOD FIGHTERS....BUT GAMENESS WAS DEFINITELY LACKING. LIKE I SAID, THIS ISN'T FROM VIDEOS ON THE INTERNET...THIS IS REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.