1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best x Best

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ohpitbulls, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Boze

Boze Top Dog

yup forgot to mention that

2. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Didnt mean to come across offensive but when i mentioned best to best is the only way for me i was speaking in general whether line breeding outcrossing loose line breeding or even scatter breeding I will always use my best dogs in any scenario. :)

3. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Is everybody out to prove they know something, everyone knows it was a team but if people didnt know guess what they know now thats another problem loose lips sink ships do you care to give their names as well.

4. Nice attempt to try and save face. It didn't work but, nice try.

5. You had no clue STP was more than one so stop. Nice attempt to try and save face. It didn't work but, nice try.

6. dolemite

dolemite Pup

STP wasn't a racing fuel...:) "SOLO" "MR.T" and "THE POLLOCKS"...:)

7. You got that right, they were good guys in my book, never were they anything but kind to us.

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

from my understand stp was a great competitor more so than a breeder correct? from what i gathered they had a great eye for spotting talent and would buy dogs and take them to the next level? am i incorrect?

9. They would go see as many as they could especially first and second time animals and when they saw what they thought they could finish out with they bought it and finished it out and then would sell them as champion and grand champions and use that money to rebuy more first and second time animals and just repeat that cycle. They would make a few breedings with the ones they liked before selling them but they never got caught up in any bloodline, they never felt any one line was the end all. They also proved you could outcross generation after generation and still make champion, they did it always and if I recall Solo liked loose linebreeding but it was real loose like 3 generations removed etc.... if he happened to have several great dogs all kinda bred the same which on his yard would be by sheer chance, he'd make a tighter breeding because thats what he had at that time.

10. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

Lmao who said stp was one person.

11. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Lmao bro you can't be serious i didnt know you were the damn grammar police. If you dont have anything to contribute to the post STFU clown.

12. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Man what did you do you come on here putting other peoples buisness out there to make it seem like you really know something. Knock it off bro

13. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Wow cant believe you guys are so open about posting other peoples names:confused::confused:

14. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Can somebody please clean this thread up a little. Lets not get get off the subject at hand.

15. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Sorry about that bro but i hate a person wanna always correct somebody and then spew out a bunch of unneccesary info about another person, in an effort to let everyone know they know a lil bit. Dude went on and on and this thread wasnt even about STP but thats what he focused on. This thread is about best to best breedings practices.

16. borat

borat Pup

its was not only stp, but many of the more competitive people of that era bred nothing but winning dogs together. they couldn't line breed because no one person or line produced the best show dogs. they were from all over.

so if you wanted to be very active and successful, you were getting dogs from different places. its hard to linebreed when you have 20 dogs from 15 different bloodlines or crosses. im sorry to burst a lot of peoples bubbles, but if your talking about guys that had multiple champions, grand champions, and d.o.y type dogs, back when that all meant something, then you are talking mostly about guys that were getting dogs from multiple places and showing them.

those guys bred the best males to the best females, and came up with some good dogs. the best dogs ive ever seen were off a paladin/stompanato/zebo male bred to a yellowbuck bitch. people that saw these dogs said they were some of the best they had ever seen.

17. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

The bulldog I have ever seen was Best x Best.
    Higgin's Phat Mac 4xw OTC
    Sire: Art/Bullyson
    Dam Jeep/Redboy/Turtlebuster/Art