1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best x Best

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ohpitbulls, Feb 12, 2011.

1. QUICKFIRE

QUICKFIRE Pup

I like to line breed the best to best and try to hone in on certain traits that I want to enhance. Or take a very well bred inbred bitch and outcross her to a real deal proven sire of pure athletes.

2. bestia

bestia Big Dog

Yellow Girl I would consider best to best outcross/battlecross. Ch Zorro is a double Simba Chinaman-Frisco dog and Ch Bisexual is a 3 way RBJ-Bolio linebreeding with a little Snooty. The 2 dogs individually are linebred but have no relation unless you go way back in the ped to Bolio(Frisco's out). So is the op talking about breeding 2 great scatterbred dogs together or also 2 great dogs that have no immediate relation like the Yellow Girl breeding. Off course I wouldn't bet that any of these peds are 100% accurate knowing how this dog game works.

3. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

bestia si consegiste los peros q buscabas?

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

didnt the captain breed best to best within his line which was hank or hank boomerang if you look at his best dogs that is how they were bred

5. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

STP dogs are still around and still in high demand, everyones line starts somewhere and ends somewhere unless you breed and sell to the public until you die. People built yards off of STP bred dogs. I was told you breed for you and what works for you. Pretty peds secondary, I feel best to best is the only wayto go unless you have yard space for "just to see what happens" breedings then more power to you and you can probably easily dispell the best to best theory but my space is limited so best to best it is for me. Jmo

6. didnt the captain breed best to best within his line which was hank or hank boomerang if you look at his best dogs that is how they were bred - CAK also had a fair share of Jeep, Bolio, RBJ and some Paladin blood through the years. CAK liked anything without a break pedal.

STP bred best to best....but where is the famous STP line of dogs? - STP never had any interest in having a " STP bloodline " or any other kind of bloodline.

7. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

That is the problem everybody wants to try and make their "own" line instead of focusing on good dogs. That leads to untested dogs and pups being bred just so the person breeding can see their name fill up a four generation ped.

8. Take your best females to the best males you can find or afford.

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

there are a reason certain bloodlines have withstood the hands of time and its called linebreeding. just bc you have a plan doesnt mean you are paper breeding. you can say what you want to say but the all i have to do is find greats dogs and look at how they are bred. how can u expect a scatterbred dog to reproduce himself when u dont even know what made him?

10. Boze

Boze Top Dog

you will waste far more yard space breeding best to best. in horses it is different because every horse goes back to the same three masles or even two. every working breed breeder in the world who has been extremely succesful practices inbreeding and line breeding with the ocasional cross and even the crosses are not full crosses. bulldog people are the only people who practise the best dog to the best dog without considering pedigree and those people continuously fail. as far as STP he did not do many breesings just because the dog has his name on it does not mean he bred them he usually bought them and worked them and made them famous he was not very interested in breeding from what i understand. breedi9ng is a science not some guessing game if people would follow simple genetics and do some resdearch on this stuff they wou;;d realize that best to best works if the dogs are related like best half brother to best half sister if you linebreed averasge dogs you will get average dogs linebreeding is for excellent dogs performance wise or production wise if you look at huntng breeds like beagles bloodhounds coonhounds ect this is what they do they do not simply take the best coon hound and breed that dog dog to another coonhound of unrelated history because you are adding ti many cariables to the equation if you have a dog that lacks mouth breed them to a related dog who has mouth this is how all the great breeders did it floyd, jerry, carver crenshaw ed and james hooten,dsk chavis woods ect study thes mens peds and you will see what to do

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:

12. Loose line bred best to best will make you smile more times than any other breeding technique.

13. slim1972

slim1972 Big Dog

Some will catch on... & some will not:) Well said, BOZE...

14. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

I agree Boze linebreeding to get what your looking for imo is the way to go, I have seen a higher % when i have seen this method used.

15. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

I agree line breeding is the way to go to solidify your breeding program for the future, but still however I breed I have to do best to best whether its line breeding inbreeding loose line breeding or even a complete cross.

16. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Sometimes it a genetic thing..Loposay's Queen was Cold As Siberia but she produced some good ones when bred to Buster...Or that's what I read down through the years..:)

17. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

First of all you just said a whole bunch of nothing, who doesnt know that line breeding will give you the most consistent results. Second of all I never mentioned any kind of breeding technique, i simply stated that best to best is the only way to go. Who breeds without taking pedigree into consideration are you serious. You have just made a bunch of assumptions and you know how that usually turns out. You trying to kick knowledge but your post is unwarranted because i never mentioned a specific breeding technique only that best to best is the way to go. Ok so lets say you have two littermate brothers one is an Ace the other is just an ok dog so you are going to breed your best bitch to the littermate brother who is just ok lol lets be for real.

18. Hurstmob

Hurstmob Pup

Also as far as STP is concerned, im well aware that just because a persons name is in front of the dog doesnt mean they bred the dog duhhh. I dont know STP or his breeding practices but what i do know is that some of the most influential and prolific dogs of the breed were owned by STP and they are still being used by many people still today.

19. Boze

Boze Top Dog

take it easy pal. this is a discussion board you stated what you think and i stated what i think. you said best to best is the way to go which in and of itself is a breeding technique, so you did infact mention a certain breeding technique. then you went on to say that any other way of breeding is a waste of yard space, i in turn countered that by saying that best to best is a waste of yard space and stated my reasons for thinking this way. as far as which brother i would breed, that would depend on a few things do i own the whole liter was the whole liter average with on exceptional dog. if i own both dogs i would breed to both and see who through what i like in a dog and not sell any dogs so i could judge for my self how each liter turned out so i could later combine those two liters.

20. STP wasn't a he, STP was a they as in three (3).